Scooter
Community

2011 Australian National Scooter Rally

Last post 11-05-2010 08:59 PM by miketl. 254 replies.
Page 8 of 17 (255 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2010 12:30 PM In reply to

• zuma
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2008
    • sydney`s beautiful northern beaches
    • Posts 92

Re: 2011 Australian National Scooter Rally

...after a calculated rest from scooter community i must say how great it is to be back.

i`ve really missed all of "this".

PS, you may have missed Dr phill, but there`s still time for oprah and days of our lives.

what a joke.

see ya...

• 08-13-2010 12:40 PM In reply to

gpnick2004:

That post is not mine !

I know that but this one is in reply:

"Nice one and as Darren has eloquently put it, the only people that get confused will always be confused because the just don't get Classic Scootering.

All we need to do is advertise it and put what the Rally is all about so numpties can read it.

Cheers Nick."

Honda Elite 1990-1996
    Bug Bandit 2004-2009
    Piaggio X7 250ie 2010-
  • 08-13-2010 12:43 PM In reply to

Allen,

After watching this thread go on and on it is time for something to be done. This isn't the right place to debate this matter as there is no end to people's opinions. While I don't wish have people's views suppressed, I do want to see an end to this arguement for 2010 at least! Every event would be a success if this much effort went in to support them. 

Rod,

Good luck with your event. You might not believe me but holding an event is a very rewarding feeling. Good on you and CC Scooterclub for getting behind this event.  

GPNick,

Good Luck with the Classic National.

Regards,

Ben

• 08-13-2010 01:25 PM In reply to

benitoscooterboy:

Allen,

After watching this thread go on and on it is time for something to be done. This isn't the right place to debate this matter as there is no end to people's opinions. While I don't wish have people's views suppressed, I do want to see an end to this arguement for 2010 at least! Every event would be a success if this much effort went in to support them. 

Rod,

Good luck with your event. You might not believe me but holding an event is a very rewarding feeling. Good on you and CC Scooterclub for getting behind this event.  

GPNick,

Good Luck with the Classic National.

Regards,

Ben

Cheers !

Ride em hard-don't hardly ride em
  • 08-13-2010 06:14 PM In reply to

For all those interested Scooter Owners and Riders

I have today recieved the following Email addressed to the Central Coast Scooter Club ---

"I have asked our club as well as my Tax agent about ramifications of someone other than us using the ABN

Our taxation advisor is against anyone using the name other than those that own it for many and various taxaion rules .

IE .for all you know we owe Tax payments on it and you and your club would be libel if you traded under it.

Conversely if you traded under it without our expressed permission you could be libel for taxation fines.

And wev would not allow ypou to use it without our control because you could well give us a taxation bill if you do not handle it (the event) correctly or if you sued

Please choose a different name for your event "

Kind regards Nick

This information is for you to digest and for our Club to consider

As a reasonable person I consider this move by someone or Club to be the idea of a person /club who does not have the interest of scooter riders in mind but is determined in undermining the enjoyment that many of us get from owning and riding scooters and the comradship that develops from events like this.

I shall approach our members as to where we go from here

I leave it to others as to the senselessness of this situation     

riding for fun
  • 08-13-2010 06:31 PM In reply to

• t2bitha
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Brisbane Suburbs
    • Posts 508

Re: 2011 National Scooter Rally of Australia

whatever it is called, it will be a fun time for all of us who truely 'get' what scootering is about.  Ignore the rubbish Rod.

Let's move this thread to the Rubbish Pile, and start another.

35 000 scooting kms and beyond

www.facebook.com/VespadventuresInOz
  • 08-13-2010 07:52 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Rod Fountain:
    I leave it to others as to the senselessness of this situation   

This is NOT senseless - it is LAW and TAX...

I don't often agree with gpnick but I do this time. And I bet you didn't get his permission to reprint a private email on an open forum!

t2bitha:
    Let's move this thread to the Rubbish Pile, and start another.

Start it where it belongs - on the ANSR FORUM! I'm sick of people polluting the Scooter Community with their petty squabbles.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-13-2010 10:40 PM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,140

Jax:

Start it where it belongs - on the ANSR FORUM!

Correct me if I am wrong, but whoever set that up is now liable to be sued for unauthorised use of the name????? Tongue Tied

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
  • 08-14-2010 08:21 PM In reply to

Re: 2011 All Inclusive Australian National Scooter Rally

jrevis:

15UZU:
    How bout the "Anti-Vespa" Rally!

Steady on,at least mine are running at the moment,not like Monza MK1 and 2 [:'(]

Jason

hahaha good 1...made me laugh!

Yuminashi Pcx 164cc can of whopass!
    Ex Takegawa Pcx 170cc
    Ex Today 94cc Kitaco
  • 08-15-2010 06:00 PM In reply to

Can I clear up a misapprehension?

You do not need to own an ABN (Australian Business Number, used for tax purposes) in the name of "Australian National Scooter Rally" to run a rally using that name. If Rod's club uses the name and not the ABN, I don't see any legal ramifications. Nick's club do not own the name - they merely own the ABN. Rallies were run in the past with no legal or tax enitity in existence. I already explained this on the geared scooter forum. I also explained to fully protect the name, they should think about copyrighting it.

An ABN is for tax purposes only, and does not give anyone the exclusive right to use a name itself - you need to go through other legal processes to have that.

How come there wasn't there any problem in using it for the Stanthorpe rally?

I say again - there's nothing to stop anybody using the name for a non-profit rally. But no-one else apart from Nick's club can use the actual ABN.

At this stage, no-one needs permission from anyone else to call a rally "Australian National Scooter Rally". They can just go ahead and do it!

Perhaps we could call it the Annual Australian Scooter Rally??? I'll just rush off and register an ABN for that now... Wink

Can we please have fun now? Big Smile

(P.S. I used to work for the ATO.)

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-15-2010 06:43 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

SharonVespaGirl:
    I also explained to fully protect the name, they should think about copyrighting trademarking it.

Wink

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 08-15-2010 06:46 PM In reply to

Jax:

SharonVespaGirl:
    I also explained to fully protect the name, they should think about copyrighting trademarking it.

Wink

Yes, you're right, Jax. My boo-boo! Embarrassed

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 08-15-2010 08:23 PM In reply to

Well I have just finished reading with dismay the 8 pages of messages on this thread  - mostly nonsense. So that you understand where I am coming from I am a member of the Central Coast Scooter club, I attended the so called 2010 National Scooter Rally at Stanthorpe, I am a past National President of the Ulysses Club and  was its AGM coordinator for three AGMs and have attended 25 of them. For the last 2 years I have ridden a scooter, a Yamaha 500 T max, thats right an auto. As a member of the CCSC I would be involved in the running of the Rally. With my Ulysses background I know what I am doing in that regard. As a National Scooter Rally the 2010 Stanthorpe event was a joke, not that I didnt have a good time, I did but how can you claim to be a National Scooter Rally when you actively discourage if not ban outright any scooter but a geared Lambretta, Vespa, and Heinkel not that their were any of those at Stanthorpe. Wake up NickGP their are scooters made by Yamaha, Gilera, kymco, Bolwell, Honda, etc etc etc. The numbers of japanese Korean and chinese Scooters today far outnumber the Italian Scoots so how can you have a National Scooter Rally if you exclude those. Oh I think I forgot to mention I'm also a Lawyer and if the Lambretta Club of SA thinks they own the name in NSW or anywhere else for that matter perhaps they should think again ABN or not. I dont speak for the CCSC its president does that but I know that the nonsense on these pages has upset a number of our members and it is entirely possible that the club will withdraw from organising the 2011 event. The event dates have been selected as they precede the Newcastle Ulysses AGM and it seemed that we might attract Scooter Riding Ulysses members who will be attending the AGM to the National Scooter Rally on their way to the AGM, good for all motorcyclists particularly Scooteristi I think and if the Barrell of apples is a week earlier what a three weekend event that would be for those who wanted to attend. Wake up people and let the CCSC know they will have the support of ALL Scooter riders in Australia  

• 08-15-2010 09:16 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Looks like the Norty Corner is going to be full....

Did you used to be a school teacher Garben?

• 08-15-2010 10:33 PM In reply to

Jax:

Looks like the Norty Corner is going to be full....

Did you used to be a school teacher Garben?

Love Ya Jax,but its Naughty !

Ride em hard-don't hardly ride em
Page 8 of 17 (255 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au