Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

2011 Lambretta LN

Last post 10-04-2011 10:17 PM by pyrah. 212 replies.
Page 1 of 15 (213 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2010 11:01 PM

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

2011 Lambretta LN

Yet another attempt at a Lambretta that supposedly is hitting the marketplace next year (have I heard that before?).

It will be made in Italy by Motom Electronics, and it at least looks like how I would imagine a modern Lambretta would look like.(Although for Australia they will have to put some stupid indicators further out to meet ADR)

If it came into being, and to Australia, I would very seriously consider it.

A four stroke 125cc or 150cc engine and an auto trans, it will horrify some purists, but if it does come out it will have its buyers I am sure.

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/5553/lambretta-is-back-with-the-2011-lambretta-ln

• 11-18-2010 01:25 AM In reply to

Re: 2011 Lambretta LN

Blam:

Yet another attempt at a Lambretta that supposedly is hitting the marketplace next year (have I heard that before?).

It will be made in Italy by Motom Electronics, and it at least looks like how I would imagine a modern Lambretta would look like.(Although for Australia they will have to put some stupid indicators further out to meet ADR)

If it came into being, and to Australia, I would very seriously consider it.

A four stroke 125cc or 150cc engine and an auto trans, it will horrify some purists, but if it does come out it will have its buyers I am sure.

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/5553/lambretta-is-back-with-the-2011-lambretta-ln

I notice all the bits that on the original Lambrettas were chrome are now a dull brushed alloy (or simply grey plastic?). It's hard to see the point in having side panel flashes that don't....flash. Indifferent

Mack Truck
  • 11-19-2010 07:18 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

I actually like it..... and it will come here no doubt about it........

I have the Italian press kit they put out on her, I did a little 360 degree video from the stand

http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-3669-lambretta-returns.aspx

This Lambretta will be made in Taiwan under contract as far as I know. All the parts you can see are plastic and the engine and running gear is all Taiwanese.

Download Specification Sheet

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 11-19-2010 09:05 AM In reply to

I like the look especially the one with the dark green panels whether i would buy one is a different matter

• 11-19-2010 09:41 AM In reply to

Why is tis posted in the Classic zone? It has a modern Vespa engine and GTS instrument panel! Only the name is classic, but then so is "Vespa".

Mike

• 11-19-2010 10:00 AM In reply to

Mike I don't think this Taiwanese one will have a Piaggio engine like the UK built one  

• 11-19-2010 10:16 AM In reply to

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

• 11-19-2010 10:17 AM In reply to

Mike Holland:

Why is tis posted in the Classic zone? It has a modern Vespa engine and GTS instrument panel! Only the name is classic, but then so is "Vespa".

Mike

MMmmmmmmmmmm...........

Ride em hard-don't hardly ride em
  • 11-19-2010 01:20 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

pyrah:
    I don't think this Taiwanese one will have a Piaggio engine like the UK built one

Two completely different concepts.

The Lambretta you see here is your Kymco Like type of thing but with a syle that's bankable. Looks good I reckon.

This will be a mass produced classic that will sell for OK money. A good value commuter with plenty of conversation starters in it.

Automatic as well!

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 11-19-2010 01:22 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

That video I set as private, sorry about that

Here she is

http://www.youtube.com/v/RmTsYV31ums <p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RmTsYV31ums">http://www.youtube.com/v/RmTsYV31ums</a></p>

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 11-19-2010 02:18 PM In reply to

allen:
    This will be a mass produced classic that will sell for OK money.

Retro Allen. Repeat after me - retro. R-e-t-r-o. Stick out tongue

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 11-19-2010 02:24 PM In reply to

Thats better for the video like the little Lambretta man ( He cant be retro as hes got no rockets on him )

• 11-19-2010 02:42 PM In reply to

• hcrun
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2010
    • Canberra
    • Posts 431

Mike Holland:
    Only the name is classic, but then so is "Vespa".
    Huh?! Huh?
    The brand-name "Vespa" has been owned by Piaggio since Day 1.

I don't think that the same can be said for "Lambretta", so therefore "Vespa" is more than just a classic name or a 21st. century attempt at doing a retrospective.

At best, this Lambretta-badged model is someone's idea of "This is what a Lambretta would look like now if they had continued under the original ownership".
    (Note that, unlike the original Lambretta, the front mudguard is not fixed).

Bruce

Mid-life went past too quickly so I'm having a late-life crisis.
  • 11-19-2010 05:54 PM In reply to

I guess you're right, Pyrah. I saw that GT200 instrument panel, and assumed the engine wouldf be Piaggio as well. I don't recognise the transmission, but I see it has a drum brake at the rear.

Mike

Lambretta LN 125/150

• 11-19-2010 06:06 PM In reply to

Given that I've been told by the guy who is importing them into Australia that Lambretta have specifically stated that they cannot be sold out of Vespa dealerships, I'd be extremely surprised if they were going to use Piaggio technology.   He also said that they were going to be made in Italy, or maybe he meant "Italian styled".  

They've kind of got the looks a bit closer than the last attempt that I think was a rebadged Adly with a Lambretta sticker on it, but it looks suspiciously like "tupperware" and if I were a Lambretta owner I'd not be happy that my brand was being quite so debased.   But then I'm a Vespa man, so go for it I say!!

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
Page 1 of 15 (213 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au