Scooter
Community

Stolen 250cc. Bolwell Firenze

Last post 12-31-2010 06:36 PM by waspmike. 28 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2010 09:55 AM

Stolen 250cc. Bolwell Firenze

For those out in the Perth, area if they happen upon a 250cc Bolwell Firenze, reg. number 1CQ 758, it was stolen in the Northern Suburbs of Perth over night. I don't know how I will be able to replace it being on a pension.  So please, keep your eyes open

Leigh

Sunset Coast Scooter Club
    http://www.sunsetcoastscooter.com
    email sunsetcoastscooter@gmail.com
  • 12-27-2010 11:05 AM In reply to

Re: Stolen 250cc. Bolwell Firenze

Sorry to here off the loss i take it you are not insured then Sad

• 12-27-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

Yes, thankfully I am insured but not for the full value, I know this might sound crazy, but I loved that scooter. Being on a pension, and the costs I will have, don't know how I will ever be able to replace it.

• 12-27-2010 12:44 PM In reply to

sorry to hear it Leigh! I gather you've called the police? It could be worth putting up notices in your local shops as well. I hope it's returned to you in good condition.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 12-27-2010 01:14 PM In reply to

Thanks Wanda, it has come as a great shock to me. Yes, Police have been informed and I have posted photographs and details in the local shops. There must have been a few of them to get it out of the backyard unless they broke the steering lock on it before trying to move it. Even had enough sense to take the gate lock with them as this would have been the only place finger prints could have been found.

• 12-27-2010 03:35 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

whats it look like?,,, and ill keep an eye out

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 12-27-2010 03:58 PM In reply to

Thanks Hank, there is a photo of it on my website http://perthtomelbourneorbust.yolasite.com/ , it is the one I am shown sitting on. Registration is 1CQ-758

• 12-27-2010 07:46 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Sorry to hear about the bolwell Firenze being stolen overnight , the bloody low life theives , who have no consideration for others. Hope you will find your scooter very soon .

Angry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piaggio Fly 150 and lovin it.

• 12-27-2010 10:07 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

Sorry to hear about your Firenze,hope it gets back to you soon,but on a brighter note,i love your website,has some very interesting stuff on itSmile

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 12-28-2010 12:51 AM In reply to

sorry to hear about that Leigh Sad  if I see someone riding it i'll get it back for ya!

• 12-28-2010 09:47 AM In reply to

Okay all, a member of our club has also had her scooter stolen yesterday. The scooter is a red 50cc Kymco, Registration number 1EF104. It was taken from the Morely Galleria. Jacqui, unlike me, never had it insured.

Scooters go missing all the time and I was hoping Scooter Community could set up a new Forum specificly for Stolen Scooters?

Leigh

• 12-28-2010 11:52 AM In reply to

wonder if it would be worth running around to the local dealers & ask them to keep an eye out for the scooters? Perhaps take an a4 sheet of paper with a photo, license plate number & engine number with your details. The theives may try to flog them, or in future they may take them to a mechanic for servicing.

Unfortunately WA has the highest rate of scooter theft in the country. The best insurance is a $10 cable lock that can be picked up from Bunnings, put through the rear wheel & ideally around an object such as a lamp pole or sign post.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 12-28-2010 01:27 PM In reply to

I had earlier sent off emails to all scooter sales/service business' in the Perth Metro area but got some terrible news. The scooter is now back at my place in a deplorable state. I am sure once the insurance company gets to see the photographs they will tell me it is a right off. Before I get one back on the road it will be fitted with an alarm and all the security devices I can get with no sparing off costs involved.

What we need is a register of stolen scooters/bikes all in the industry are aware of.

• 12-28-2010 02:13 PM In reply to

Damn. That's good news & yet not. I hope the situation is quickly resolved for you & you're not too much out of pocket.

Scoot batteries aren't really cut out for alarms, which tend to drain the battery & shorten it's lifespan, but something easily visible and as simple as a cable lock, Grip Lock or even just a cover to disguise the bike from roving eyes. Alarmed disc locks are good also, but can be difficult to arm & can be very sensitive so the alarm can be set off with the slightest nudge. Security that isn't easily visible inevitably results in a potential theif who will try to take the bike off the stand before they realise the lock is there & drop the bike, causing damage. Ideally you want a lock that is easily visible to people passing by,  encouraging them to look for an easier target.

If you like, come over and have a look at my setup. I'll even make you a coffee Wink

BTW - I think your idea of a stolen bike register is a brilliant idea. Allen! Doze! You guys have the connections & the know how. It could be a good sideline to Scootersales/Scooter Community.

Wanda
  • 12-28-2010 03:24 PM In reply to

I am sure Allen could make a section for stolen scooters & possibly lost items . Most scooters i should think are stolen by joy riders which you will normally get back (usually damaged ) or broken for parts so you normally never see them again

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au