Scooter
Community

Stolen 250cc. Bolwell Firenze

Last post 12-31-2010 06:36 PM by waspmike. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2010 03:39 PM In reply to

Re: Stolen 250cc. Bolwell Firenze

Okay, will be there shortly, you know I cant say no to a cuppa. I have seen where alarms are bad for battery life and its a good idea, as you say, to have something visible like a grip lock but I'm not going to let this sort of thing happen ever again.

Sunset Coast Scooter Club
    http://www.sunsetcoastscooter.com
    email sunsetcoastscooter@gmail.com
  • 12-28-2010 05:05 PM In reply to

well don't leave it too late, I'm going out to a friend's place for dinner tonight. And don't call me "shortly". Stick out tongue

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 12-28-2010 05:19 PM In reply to

I've already been, knocked on your door, no answer, so came home. Another time

• 12-28-2010 05:20 PM In reply to

eh? you did? I've been home the whole time. Are you sure you went to the right place?

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 12-29-2010 05:28 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

this is why i sleep with a plank o wood wi nails in it 

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 12-30-2010 12:12 AM In reply to

Big Smile Hi Hank do you belong to Joshzingzing by any chance Beer 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 12-30-2010 09:41 PM In reply to

Thanks for stopping by today Leigh. Sorry I had missed you previously. I hope the coffee pod coffee was palatable (I certainly think it's comparable to "real" coffee) and the cat not too annoying. I should have realised more quickly that you weren't happy with Eddy being too close. Next time I'll move him away much sooner I promise!

I hope also that your scooter difficulties are sorted soon & you move on to better things as you seem to be determined to do, sooner rather than later. I've seen the way you have developed since joining the group & have a good idea of what scooter riding does for you, as it does for myself & many others, while also knowing how difficult it is to be without the thing that gives you so much joy & balance.

If I can help any more please let me know. I could probably put you in contact with the NZ distributer of the Grip Lock, but think you would be better off going with the website I gave the link for, having had previous (unhappy) experience with the NZ distributer.

Wanda
  • 12-31-2010 12:32 AM In reply to

Sunset Coast Scooter Club:

Before I get one back on the road it will be fitted with an alarm and all the security devices I can get with no sparing off costs involved.

Happy you got your baby back even in a bad state.

This only helps if you are home and if the scoot is parked next to the house outside a door or window.. I did this in Indonesia and I slept better. 

Buy a cheep magnetically operated door or window alarm.  Less than $10

alarm

Attach the alarm to the door or window.

Drill a 1mm hole in the window or door frame. thread a piece or fishing line through the hole put a large fishing hook on one end .

Thread the line through the magnet holder and attach a fishing weight to the other end inside the room.

With the fish hook attached somewhere on the scoot and the weight hanging free inside, adjust the magnet until it is adjacent to the alarm and switch on. 

The fishing line is almost invisible. If the scoot is moved in any direction the alarm will sound.

• 12-31-2010 01:09 AM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,140

Always puzzles me why the scooter manufactures don't include a way of locking the centre stand in the down position.

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
  • 12-31-2010 01:51 AM In reply to

• Magoo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-05-2008
    • WA
    • Posts 804

15UZU:

Always puzzles me why the scooter manufactures don't include a way of locking the centre stand in the down position.

Actually, thats a really good idea!

• 12-31-2010 09:41 AM In reply to

No worries Wanda, thank you for giving me the advice. My next scooter will be so well protected, no one will be able to get within 5 metres of it while it sits in my backyard and there was certainly nothing wrong with the coffee.

Waspmike, that's also a great idea but for one thing. The alarm I am looking at can be used when the scooter isn't sitting behind my locked gate although, I guess your idea could be used anywhere, its just a matter as to how long a fishing line you use although when in a shopping centre, for example, other shoppers may not be happy tripping over a fishing line I am winding out. No, honestly, it is a good idea well worth considering.

Leigh

• 12-31-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

Can you bolt something like this in the back yard to chain the scooter to

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 12-31-2010 11:58 AM In reply to

On my list of things to do Pyray

• 12-31-2010 06:36 PM In reply to

Magoo:

They do.  Some of the older Honda Waves here have a hasp on the centre stand where one can insert a padlock.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au