Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

Helmets

Last post 01-14-2011 01:27 PM by vortexau. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2011 04:16 PM

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

I was just about to buy a open face helmet and goggles coz I like the look

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-11-2011 04:22 PM In reply to

• dozer.
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-26-2008
    • Albury, N.S.W
    • Posts 2,432

Re: Helmets

Pete, Open face helmets are fine. I can see you on the trumpy with a nice matte black momo mate. hehehe Seriously, there's safety, and there's living.... I think that there's a place of them, perhaps not on the motorway, but that shot still doesnt make me want to get rid of the open face.
    DOZER.
  • 01-11-2011 04:25 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

when I found this image. Cant do it

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
  • 01-11-2011 04:38 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Im not preaching or trying to convert anyone. Its a personal choice. Its a pity really coz I do love the look.

• 01-11-2011 06:18 PM In reply to

i prefer the open face helmet for the majority of my riding as it doesn't affect my jaw the way a full face helmet does. but i use a full face for open road riding, so just have to bear the discomfort. that is my personal choice. but i do use a nolan with intergrated visor.(n42)

argentum melle
  • 01-11-2011 08:38 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

id prefer to ride with an open face , but ive been sung by bees that many times that its not worth it,,,, except on very short rides

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 01-11-2011 08:53 PM In reply to

I have both & most of the time its usually the open face i pick up

• 01-11-2011 08:59 PM In reply to

I started out with an open face because full faced ones all felt claustrophobic. After trying on a quite a few full face helmets (because of all the horror stories)  I found one that felt OK, and I've been using it ever since. A couple of weeks ago I used my open face one again briefly and it now felt strange; so I guess whatever you use you soon get used to it.

Gavin
  • 01-13-2011 01:13 AM In reply to

I like my full face shoei, mainly because it fends off high speed winds at 100klm freeway rides and protects my neck more doing blind spot checks

• 01-13-2011 08:32 AM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

I like my jaw just the way it is Wink

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 01-13-2011 09:03 AM In reply to

• 01-13-2011 12:37 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Not even an open faced helmet could make Pete look that good Stick out tongue

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 01-13-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Posts 7,090

Jax:

Not even an open faced helmet could make Pete look that good Stick out tongue

DOH!

• 01-14-2011 01:27 PM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

I have both an open face & a full face. There have been ocassions when I've set off wearing one and carrying the other under the seat.

My open is a RJays Urban and I normally wear this for local riding in summer, and/or when I'm going to be riding Westward into the late afternoon sun. I even usually keep this helmet on when re-fuelling, and paying at the counter.  That speeds-up the fuel-stop no end!  This helmet is also my preferred choice when aboard my R100RS-powered outfit, and when I participate in the December Ipswich Toy Run.

I have a Nolan full face that provides very good coverage that totally eliminates wind-roar when the visor is pressed home. This is best helmet in pouring rain although it closes up so well that it can fogg if the visor isn't left not fully closed.  Unfortunitely the full face isn't suitable for short trips in mid summer.

Sometimes I'll set off (Eastward) for Ipswich wearing the full face, with the Urban under the seat.  That visor can't be beat for the return ride into the mid-to-late afternoon sun.

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au