Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

QLD floods

Last post 02-08-2011 10:37 AM by Anonymous. 43 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2011 12:37 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

Re: QLD floods

gpnick2004:

Hello All

We have all read about, heard of or seen on tv the floods in Qld.  You may be thinking, how about the animals? If you are considering donating / assisting you can click here:- https://donate.rspcaqld.org.au/flood/

Done , i just put up a $50 donation , not much i know but if we each give a bit no matter how big/small & and it all adds up to a heap of funds,the rspca site has a spots for all amounts of $$$--so come on go for itStick out tongue

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 01-12-2011 01:51 PM In reply to

Here's the link to donate to help the people involved: http://telethon.smartservice.qld.gov.au/

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 01-12-2011 01:54 PM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

gpnick2004:

Hello All

We have all read about, heard of or seen on tv the floods in Qld.  You may be thinking, how about the animals? If you are considering donating / assisting you can click here:- https://donate.rspcaqld.org.au/flood/

I think they are going to need help, as the big RSPCA is at fairfield and I think thats going under now (if not already). Hopefully they get all the animals out.

• 01-12-2011 02:32 PM In reply to

• t2bitha
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Brisbane Suburbs
    • Posts 508

Hi All,  I work for Meals on Wheels along the river and all the suburbs we deliver in will be impacted.  We may not be able to return to some areas until Monday, some clients are so unaware or subborn, we called police to move them. 

On delivery today, there was heaps of business' and homes in East Brisbane, Cooorparoo, Bulimba and Oxford Street being emptied and sandbagged.  It is going to be an incredible event.  I stopped at Norman Creek and the current is incredible and the river has already broken its banks at New Farm Bowls Club across the river.  I did notice MANY scooters out and about checking out the situations, and I might try to get out early tomorrow (maybe on the Bali!) to get some shots.  On the way from work many main roads are beginning to go under.

I have found out rellies at Ipswich are in an evac centre, they fled their house yesterday as water was coming in, their house is now completly submerged.  Other rellies at Grantham did send a text yesterday to say they were alive and sheltering at the school awaiting evacuation.  We have not had any word of other family living in the Lockyer Valley (where the 'wall of water' went thru).

Most of the community around is pulling together, helping out and lending a hand.  The cleanup will be enormous.  These events are inevitable and Brisbanites realise and cope.  We just get on with it.  It is of great reassurance to us that the world is thinking of us.

This pic is looking across to New Farm/Merthyr Bowls.  The peak will flow thru the club house, above the grassed area.  Power is beginning to be cut around the city and low lying areas.

35 000 scooting kms and beyond

www.facebook.com/VespadventuresInOz
  • 01-12-2011 03:40 PM In reply to

Thanks for the report t2bita but keep safe and don't take any risks . i hope your dwelling is not going to be effected

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-12-2011 04:14 PM In reply to

I hope the Brisvegas scooter shops get through unscathed, I couldn't call Don Newell's today so I hope all is well there too.

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 01-12-2011 04:38 PM In reply to

• Moida
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-22-2010
    • Posts 88

gpnick2004:
    If you are considering donating / assisting you can click here:- https://donate.rspcaqld.org.au/flood/

Good man, Nick!  Here's some more info and a way to help if you feel so inclined: http://www.animalsaustralia.org/features/qld-floods-devastate-wildlife.php

Piaggio x7 300 Evo... love it.

(*Please assume the following to be written after any statement I make, "not that I'm an expert, mind you.")
  • 01-12-2011 05:12 PM In reply to

it is a terrible disaster. i hope everyone remains safe who are affected. it is a tragic loss. 

argentum melle
  • 01-12-2011 06:11 PM In reply to

• t2bitha
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Brisbane Suburbs
    • Posts 508

I could resist no longer, and joined the many many other idiots out there sight seeing.  I took no risks and took the Bali!  I must say, great for a fast getaway when the police cleared us away at Hawthorne because of an expected surge.  my pics can be viewed on my facebook for those interested  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6014226&id=656013982#!/album.php?aid=264361&id=656013982  I don't know if I am game enough to go out tomorrow when the 5.4 mt peak is expected. At 3pm today, around High tide, about 3 mtr was peak.

35 000 scooting kms and beyond

www.facebook.com/VespadventuresInOz
  • 01-13-2011 01:07 AM In reply to

such a terrible tragedy and I hope everyone stays safe in the affected areas and we dont hear of any more deaths or injuries, my sister lives in Brisbane and we've been worried sick but i think her area is under control

• 01-13-2011 10:41 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

New scooter range introduced for Australian conditions

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-13-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

nightrider:

such a terrible tragedy and I hope everyone stays safe in the affected areas and we dont hear of any more deaths or injuries, my sister lives in Brisbane and we've been worried sick but i think her area is under control

The only places really affected in Brisbane were suburbs around the Brisbane River. On the outskirts, a fwe places north of Strathpine may also have been affected.

The water did not come up as high as predicted. Thankfully our office escaped, but another meter and it would have gone under. It was sneaking up yesterday quite rapidly, but eased up when the tide dropped. A friend of mine was not so lucky, his house that is up for sale at jindalee went under. Poor bugger.

• 01-13-2011 12:35 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 01-13-2011 05:42 PM In reply to

Wink Wot no safety gear Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-13-2011 09:11 PM In reply to

• 15UZU
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-08-2009
    • Slacks Creek, QLD
    • Posts 1,140

pyrah:

Wink Wot no safety gear Stick out tongue

Whaddaya talking about???? I see four fun er airbags equiped. Stick out tongue

2010 PGO X-Hot 150cc - clocking up the kays
    2006 Vmoto Monza 50cc - to be rebuilt......I wonder if I can get this TMAX 500 engine in here??? o_O
    2005 Vmoto Monza 50cc - in the rebuild phase
    2002 Aprilia SR50 50cc - currently out on loan
Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au