Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

CHIC or GEEK?

Last post 02-05-2011 05:47 PM by pyrah. 113 replies.
Page 7 of 8 (114 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

Re: CHIC or GEEK?

Robbie Scoot:

will ya be nice to me if I tell ya it doesnt have gears ?

I reckon it's a T-Rex, an Piaggio XLarge9 or a BurgerMonster. Fitted with a trailer, extra large top box filled with port, a GPS, and a laptop plugged into the cigar lighter port so you can upload your fuel economy pie charts to your website (and whine about it) without leaving your airhawk fitted armchair. Stick out tongue

• 01-30-2011 12:08 PM In reply to

Nah, I'm betting on a 2 stroke nifty fifty with all the go fast(er) add-ons

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 01-30-2011 01:52 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

Off with their heads

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 01-31-2011 10:57 AM In reply to

I'm thinking cheap Chinese .

Ride em hard-don't hardly ride em
  • 01-31-2011 04:45 PM In reply to

gpnick2004:

I'm thinking cheap Chinese .

Geez, some folks cain't let it go ....    Scootering is fun. F - U - N.  Chic or geek is fun, too, coz everyone one I see on a scoot is geek (or worse), with some tryin' for chic (riders in flimsy fashion are chic-headed-for-debriding.)  Me, I don't even make geek. 

Some Lambreado makes a remark, gets a bush-lad come-back .. suck it up, boyo ... coz there ain't nowt chic about lauding the "purity" of a cheap, underpowered, smoky  - risible - italian scoot that's waaaaaaay past its prime .. just coz it has gears.  If Innocenti were making scooters now, in Italy, they'd be CVT - and they'd most likely have skinny 16" wheels.  Seems to me Lambretta (etc) owners just couldn't find the Isetta or Meschershmitt that really suits their dispostion, and ADHD prevents them standing still long enough to spot trains. * Stick out tongue

Since I can't climb as high as geek, I'm going to settle for gawk.  As in gawky.  Not even a Dragon Red Vespa can fix me.  I'd reckon that goes for most folk here .. and hallelujah for that!

Now -  can we puleese go back to taking the p*ss???

Oh .. you were? Well, that's me told Embarrassed

* Yes, i know old scoots are relatively afforable (I've restored Alfas and farkelled BMW and Ducati bikes - ouch $$$$ ouch!) and they're cheeky and fun.  So why aren't the riders and clubs more cheeky, geeky and fun????

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
  • 01-31-2011 05:15 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Caroanbill:

.. and hallelujah for that!

hallelujahhallelujahhallelujah!!!!! That was just about the best post Ive read all year. Thankyou Caroanbill for putting the whole scooter thing back into perspective. AMEN!

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-31-2011 05:16 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

Off with his head!

• 01-31-2011 05:55 PM In reply to

Sleep heard it all before

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 01-31-2011 07:40 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

Blam:

Robbie Scoot:

will ya be nice to me if I tell ya it doesnt have gears ?

I reckon it's a T-Rex, an Piaggio XLarge9 or a BurgerMonster. Fitted with a trailer, extra large top box filled with port, a GPS, and a laptop plugged into the cigar lighter port so you can upload your fuel economy pie charts to your website (and whine about it) without leaving your airhawk fitted armchair. Stick out tongue

if everyone minded their own business the world would go around a great deal faster than it does

• 02-01-2011 09:25 AM In reply to

Caroanbill:

Now -  can we puleese go back to taking the p*ss???

Oh .. you were? Well, that's me told Embarrassed

Yep............................................

Ride em hard-don't hardly ride em
  • 02-01-2011 06:30 PM In reply to

i am not smart enough to be a geek. sadSmile

but who cares when you hare having FUN!!!

argentum melle
  • 02-01-2011 06:32 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

i am not smart enough to be a geek. sadSmile

Nah mate, I've SEEN you ride past my place on your way up Main St. You're definitely geek... but on the chic side of geek Cool

silverflyer:

but who cares when you hare having FUN!!!

Exactomondo! I was certainly having fun playing leap-frog with a cager who was in a clapped-out OLD Toyota this morning between Morley & Bayswater. I then spotted him as I filtered past in Canning Vale & couldn't quite contain the giggles.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 02-01-2011 06:34 PM In reply to

Scooternut:

Nah mate, I've SEEN you ride past my place on your way up Main St. You're definitely geek... but on the chic side of geek Cool

no having fun!Stick out tongue

argentum melle
  • 02-01-2011 09:59 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

no having fun!Stick out tongue

Speaking of which, would you mind taking Nightrider along for a spin sometime? I'm afraid we more... sedate riders may be boring him & I think you could give him more of a run for his money! Wink

What about it KN? Are you up for a challenge?

Wanda
  • 02-01-2011 10:38 PM In reply to

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 7 of 8 (114 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au