Scooter
Community

My new Aprilia Scarabeo 200

Last post 01-25-2012 04:26 PM by Paul. 51 replies.
Page 3 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2011 12:09 AM In reply to

Re: My new Aprilia Scarabeo 200

Hey everyone can you please recommend a good Aprilia workshop I could bring my scoot to for regular service and tyre change? Does it have to be a workshop that is officially sanctioned by Aprilia? Am also thinking of other places like club shed etc.

• 03-14-2011 07:03 AM In reply to

It may help if you told us where you were? The Scooter Shop and Scooter HQ here on the Gold Coast are experienced in Scarabeos and the Scooter Shop is an Aprilia scooter dealer.

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 03-14-2011 04:16 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Might be in Sydney I Think

So you have Scooter Central Brookvale

Racecourse Motors Randwick

Motorino Homebush

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 03-14-2011 05:28 PM In reply to

cheapyscoot:

300cc. must be cheaper than a 500, but more powerful and only slightly more than a 200. 

What about the gilira one that had an 820cc engine, i think it was, but they wont import it into australia. THATS the scooter I want. It would scare alot of bike riders.

The Gilera GP800 wont come to Australia unfortunatly [:'(] but my next picks would be a new Yamaha tmax 500 (twin cylinder) with a di cast alluminium frame or an Aprilia mana 850......the mana shares the same engine as the Gilera and can be switched from 3 modes in auto - sport, touring and rain or you can switch to manual where there is no clutch lever, just buttons on the left handle to change gears

• 03-14-2011 10:35 PM In reply to

allen:

Might be in Sydney I Think

So you have Scooter Central Brookvale

Racecourse Motors Randwick

Motorino Homebush

Thank you.:) I'm indeed in Sydney.

For my first service, does it have to be done by an official Aprilia mechanic? Randwick is kinda far for me (though that's where I bought the scoot).

• 03-15-2011 02:11 AM In reply to

For the service any certified motorcycle mechanic can do a log book service . If you need any warranty work you will need to take it to a Aprilia agent

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 03-24-2011 06:45 PM In reply to

• turbo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2010
    • Posts 5

I just got myself a scarabeo but I noticed after that there seems to be clacking sound coming from the left hand side?

to be honest - the clacking sound seems to have come after the first service and the scooter seems to also shake slightly more than before.

Any advise or throughts would be greatly appreciated.

• 03-24-2011 07:25 PM In reply to

belt slap, take it back to the dealer to get fixed.

2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
  • 03-24-2011 09:06 PM In reply to

Hmmm...my Beo makes a metallic clicking sound every few seconds or so as it cools down after I've ridden it home. Seems to be coming from the exhaust or right side area. Any clue? 

• 03-24-2011 10:37 PM In reply to

Mine does too, its just the heat shield cooling

2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
  • 03-25-2011 02:13 AM In reply to

metallic clicking = normal on cool down 

• 01-20-2012 01:01 AM In reply to

Well, one year with the Scarabeo 200 and it's been pretty smooth sailing.

Can't fault the bike mechanically - it's been perfect. Only complaint are the tyres - had one near off on a bad camber at a junction, with a dry but oily surface (motorbike boots saved me), and an uncomfortable wheelspin or two in wet weather.

The economy of the bike is great, getting around 35km per litre on good behaviour, maybe a little less for lots of in town and fast starts.

The bike is a great size for a commuter, big enough to assert your place on the road, but small enough to weave and wind through the traffic, even when drivers clam up to block you out. with a top box on the back it's great for storage. typically i keep a bike cover and a u-lock under the seat, and put my bag or helmet in the top box when parked up.

all that said, a couple of things have pushed me to consider buying my first motorbike. i'd like more acceleration; the beo isn't slouchy but it's not a real sprinter either. i want variety in my ride - i've always wanted to ride a manual bike, and i guess after a lot of commuting, the beo feels quite turn and go. i also want something with a bit more weight behind it to do better between 80-110kmh on highways and freeways.

some of these aren't direct criticisms of the scarabeo. if i do get a motorbike, it's not to be an everyday commuter - it's more for the pleasure rides. i'm eyeing up a Suzuki V-Strom 650, if i'm tall enough to ride it (178cm). not sure whether or not to keep the Scarabeo. We don't really have room at the moment but I'm tempted to make room - I'd be really sad to say goodbye to it. I can definitely see myself as one of these two wheel collectors.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend the Aprilia Scarabeo 200 - I think it's a great compromise between weight, size and form, and performance. The bike feels high quality - it's hard to explain. You feel like you are getting exactly what you paid for.

Oh well - first lesson towards my R (manual) licence on  Saturday. Wish me luck! Would love to hear from any other dual moders or defectors. Is it a common desire to have a motorbike as well?

• 01-20-2012 09:01 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,087

solopaulo:
    ...its a great size for a commuter, big enough to assert your place on the road, but small enough to weave and wind through the traffic, even when drivers clam up to block you out. with a top box on the back it's great for storage. typically i keep a bike cover and a u-lock under the seat, and put my bag or helmet in the top box when parked up.

Nice post Solopaulo. The Beo has certainly served you well and youve nailed why a scooter is such a practical machine especially around town. Especially a quality built one like the Beo. And so now youre thinking  of a motorcycle which is a logical step for many of us.The thing is that a motorcycle wont perform town duties as nearly as well as a scooter, issues like storage, size, ease of manourability, filtering, fuel consumption, a motorcycle is often a step backwards in the bustle of urban riding, but out on the open road they are brilliant, the extra power/acceleration, road handling, stability are a quantim leap forward. Thats why so many of us have both. Have a look at the Coz We Can riders. Nearly all of us have both a scooter and a motorcycle with the notable exception of Jax who remains pure to scooters. But a note of caution, there is the collectors disease and there are more than one of us who have a garage full of different two wheelers. Whatever the stable though we still love and ride our scooters.

solopaulo:
    . if i do get a motorbike, it's not to be an everyday commuter - it's more for the pleasure rides. i'm eyeing up a Suzuki V-Strom 650, if i'm tall enough to ride it (178cm). not sure whether or not to keep the Scarabeo. We don't really have room at the moment but I'm tempted to make room - I'd be really sad to say goodbye to it. I can definitely see myself as one of these two wheel collectors.

As far as a good motorcycle, the Suzuki 650 Vstrom ticks all the boxes as an excellent reliable all rounder if it fits you. Im of the opinion to go second hand as there are plenty of excellent bikes for good prices on the market. In my experience dont get a bike that you have to balance on tip toes as they're hard to hold up if they start to fall. There's a thread called the MC Thread which looks at possible motorcycles that have caught scooterists eyes. Id be making room for both the scooter and the bike then you can have the best of both worlds but these are the words of a two wheeled tragic. Also its sad but I'd be surprised if you could sell the scooter for anything close to what you know it is worth.

Anyway best of luck with your journey, youre not the first and wont be the last to take that walk on the darkside.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 01-20-2012 09:19 AM In reply to

Yep best of luck with getting your full license Smile

• 01-20-2012 12:01 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

good luck with the licence though i expect you'll miss the storageStick out tongue

pirelli st66 solves the tyre problem they are great!

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

Page 3 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au