Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

Piaggio Yourban

Last post 03-23-2011 11:18 PM by dbm. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2011 05:13 PM

Piaggio Yourban

Who else is a bit gutted Australia isn't getting the Piaggio Yourban?

Admittedly, It's not like it won't be exactly the same as a Fuoco or an MP3 with a different face on, but just look at it!!

Filed under:
  • 02-24-2011 05:18 PM In reply to

Re: Piaggio Yourban

Wink Are you sure The picture isn't a Transformer model from the toyshop Stick out tongue

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 02-24-2011 10:17 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Yes I have run a few articles on this model now in the hope that in some small way it is decided to bring them to Australia. I love it I have to say.

Would be a great size, the 300 motor (278) and all the benefits of two wheels up front.

Did you see the new gallery piaggio put out http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-3841-piaggio-yourban.aspx

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-24-2011 10:19 PM In reply to

• SteelMoon
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2008
    • PERTH , WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    • Posts 420

Love the style the Piaggio Urban Mp3 , what excellent idea . They should import into Australian shores .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piaggio Fly 150 and lovin it .

LeonieLeprechaun:

Admittedly, It's not like it won't be exactly the same as a Fuoco or an MP3 with a different face on, but just look at it!!

• 02-24-2011 10:28 PM In reply to

• jrevis
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2009
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 387

LeonieLeprechaun:

Does anyone know the difference in weight between  this one and the MP3 300?

Only reason I ask is that the MP3's are relatively heavy compared to the equilavent two wheeler(say an X7 evo 300)

It would be good if it's a few kg's lighter.Big Smile

PX200
    BMW g650gs
  • 02-24-2011 10:44 PM In reply to

dont get struck by a truck
  • 02-24-2011 11:06 PM In reply to

jrevis:
    It would be good if it's a few kg's lighter.Big Smile

Although the MP3 weighs in at a hefty 250kg (or so) you don't really notice it given a little forethinking about parking & riding technique.

Certainly I had a scary incident while riding the loan MP3 (from Ace Scooters) up my driveway the first time. The driveway slopes up steeply, but also slopes down to the right a little. The first time I rode up the driveway I'm afraid I panicked thinking the scooter was going over & put my foot down. Given the weight & the shock I did jolt my back a bit but was able to comfortably hold the scooter up & continue up the driveway once I had regained my confidence.

With a bit of thining prior to parking you can use the front lock to your advantage as you can lock it & manhandle the scooter around until you're able to ride straight out of your parking place. Uturns are also a challenge on the MP3, but again with a bit of thinking they can be managed.

Riding the MP3 & Fuocco isn't that much different from riding your average large scooter, except the 2nd front wheel certainly encourages confidence in the scooter's handling!

Riding around one particular corner I spotted the gravel on the road too late & had a scary moment with the rear wheel sliding out, but the front wheels kept their track & despite my moment of panic the rear wheel followed through as I contined up the road. It was truly a "WOW!" moment.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 02-25-2011 12:47 AM In reply to

• Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-16-2009
    • Posts 252

But my money was on it being called the Piaggio "RAR" (NRG, Zip, MP3, USB...)

• 02-25-2011 08:17 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

jrevis:
    Does anyone know the difference in weight between  this one and the MP3 300?

Nutter is saying 250kg(I didn't check) for the MP3 and I am saying 205kg for the Yourban. Fairly significant....

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-25-2011 08:33 AM In reply to

Piaggio MP3 Yourban 300 ie - Specifications
    Engine Single cylinder, 4 stroke, 4 valves
    Engine capacity 278 cc
    Bore x stroke 75 mm / 63 mm
    Power 22.4 hp at 7,500 rpm
    Torque 23.2 Nm at 6,500 rpm
    Valve timing system Single overhead camshaft - SOHC
    Fuel system: Electronic injection
    Cooling Liquid
    Lubrication Wet sump
    Starter Electric
    Transmission CVT with torque server
    Clutch Automatic, centrifugal dry clutch
    Chassis Closed double cradle in high strength tubular steel
    Front Suspension Articulated quadrilateral
    Rear suspension Double dual action hydraulic shock absorber with adjustable preloading
    Front brakes 240 mm double disc with 30 mm dual piston fixed calliper
    Rear brake 240 mm disc with 22 mm dual piston floating calliper
    Front wheel rims Aluminium alloy 13" x 3.00
    Rear wheel rim Aluminium alloy 14" x 3.75
    Front tyre Tubeless 110/70 - 13"
    Rear tyre Tubeless 140/60 - 14"
    Length/Width 2,040 mm / 760 mm
    Wheelbase 1,440 mm
    Seat height 780 mm
    Fuel tank capacity 10.8 L
    Kerb weight 206 Kg (194 Kg for NRL version)
    Emissions compliance EURO 3 

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 02-25-2011 08:38 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Yes specs are here as well, I am sticking with 205 kg....!

http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-3791-piaggio-mp3-yourban-125-300.aspx

www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 02-25-2011 09:10 AM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

it is nicely styled, it would be good ot see int he flesh especially up against a std mp3

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

• 02-25-2011 03:24 PM In reply to

MP3 250 weighed in about 220kg, so its certainly a bit lighter.   I'd suggest that the relative conservatism of the Aussie vehicle market, and the lower than hoped for uptake of the MP3 would be the main reason that we won't see the Yourban here in the near future.   A pity.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 02-25-2011 04:42 PM In reply to

Scooternut:
    Although the MP3 weighs in at a hefty 250kg (or so) you don't really notice it given a little forethinking about parking & riding technique.

I found the MP3 250 pretty easy to manage once I learnt the ropes on the locking mechanism and I'm only a wee lass! A lighter version of the MP3 would be fantastic, but not necessarily a major point of interest for me. As long as I can touch the ground and jump away when it starts to fall (failed that test actually, but I still loved the bike and rode it afterwards as much as I could - my boots saved my leg!) then it's fine!

• 02-28-2011 09:01 PM In reply to

Actually it's only similarity to the Fuoco and MP3 is the layout of the front suspension. It should in fact be a much smaller bike, and boast a slimmer / lighter approach - it has to be surely because it comes in a 125cc version! as well as 300cc. The power-to-weight ratio would probably probably on a par with the Fuoco - 40hp/242kg but not the MP3 - 22.5hp/236kg. My guess for the 300 YourBan would be 22.5hp/145kgs or there abouts.. making it's performance on a par with the Piaggio X7 evo 300 which would be quite good. In the specs supplied by Pyrah it shows that the YouBan weighs in at  206kg. I find it hard to believe that that is accurate (no reflection on you Pyrah) because of the 125cc engine version. What a slug that would be if it did weigh that much ! Does anyone else agree?

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au