Scooter
Community

FREE PUBLICITY AND SCOOTER PROMOTION

Last post 04-23-2011 07:27 PM by pyrah. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2011 11:58 AM

FREE PUBLICITY AND SCOOTER PROMOTION

I was fortunate enough  to have conversation about our Scooter Club  with a reporter from the Newcastle Herald some months ago.

About 2 weeks ago he contacted me re doing an article on scooters for a lift out supplement  in the Newcastle Herald called "Weekender " 

The result was  that on  Saturday  April 16th the article appeared being Front Cover with a rider photo titled "Cool Ride" Our love affair with the scooter " and inside 4 pages of editorial and photos under the heading of "Sitting Pretty ".

The editorial covered why you would want to own a scooter ,the economy of riding a scooter ,parking ,Scooter costs ,plus many more aspects of scooter benefits

Even rider training ,riding in the rain, being defensive were covered and it made mention of our Central Coast Club ,the Moving Targets Club and Scooter dealer in Newcastle Graeme Morris..

Whether it can be pulled up on the internet -I dont know -but a guy I have never spoken to before in the USA has requested a copy -so I have to think that any FREE publicity has to be good  

riding for fun
  • 04-17-2011 03:40 PM In reply to

Re: FREE PUBLICITY AND SCOOTER PROMOTION

I'm in Wollongong but really would like to see this!

Thanks Rod.

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 04-17-2011 04:22 PM In reply to

I hope it wasn't the same paper and editor that paid out Ulyssians during the last AGM.

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 04-17-2011 05:24 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

danceswithdingoes:

I hope it wasn't the same paper and editor that paid out Ulyssians during the last AGM.

Yep - twas

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 04-17-2011 08:51 PM In reply to

Penance? Devil

2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
  • 04-17-2011 09:01 PM In reply to

looks like they've really taken the bit between their teeth

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/local/news/general/newcastle-art-gallery-on-its-bike-for-fundraiser/2112491.aspx

Newcastle Art Gallery on its bike for fund-raiser

24 Mar, 2011 03:00 AM

IN a case of art and the zen of motor scooter maintenance, one lucky gallery lover will soon be the owner of decorated Vespa.

The Newcastle Region Art Gallery will run a ‘‘redevelopment raffle’’ as it searches for the extra $3million needed to start its long-awaited upgrade.

First prize in the raffle is a Vespa scooter, valued at $6000, decorated by one of contemporary artists Dallas Bray, Peter Gardiner, Brett McMahon or Kate Rohde.

Newcastle City Council has contributed about $5.5million towards the first stage of the redevelopment, while members of the community have raised more than $1million.

More money is needed and gallery director Ron Ramsey said fund-raising was occurring alongside applications for federal and state grants.

‘‘Lateral thinking – that’s the beauty of the arts community,’’ Mr Ramsey said.

He called on government to contribute to the redevelopment, and said galleries in Sydney had recently received large contributions.

“Newcastle Region Art Gallery was the first modern, purpose-built art gallery in regional Australia, however, it has not enjoyed the expansion programs of many of its peers,’’ Mr Ramsey said.

The redevelopment of the gallery will include improved facilities, a cafe, retail outlets, theatrette, education workshop and dedicated ceramics gallery.

Raffle tickets cost $5 each and are available from the gallery shop.

2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
  • 04-18-2011 10:47 AM In reply to

Sorry -but I dont know what happened re the Ulyseees Meeting in Newcastle or what might have been said and by whom

I have rung the paper and a girl there said she will forward a link to me so people can pull up the article .

If this article does anything to help Newcastle get more people on  scooters  then at least it will have had some benefit.  

riding for fun
  • 04-18-2011 12:53 PM In reply to

• jonners
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-13-2010
    • Perth (western 'burbs)
    • Posts 248

Vespa PX 200 (black)

Piaggio Fly 150 (white)

Suzuki Vstrom (dl650) (red)
  • 04-18-2011 01:17 PM In reply to

BeerYes 

• 04-18-2011 01:22 PM In reply to

• 04-18-2011 03:06 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

‘‘Scooters are simpler to get on and off. The step-through system on a scooter means that you don’t have to throw a leg over.’’

A small point, maybe, but not when you’re wearing a skirt and heels,..."     

Well at least this dealer didn't call them "safe coz of the seat position".

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 04-18-2011 03:38 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

Jax:

‘‘Scooters are simpler to get on and off. The step-through system on a scooter means that you don’t have to throw a leg over.’’

A small point, maybe, but not when you’re wearing a skirt and heels,..."     

Looked like a pretty fair article to me ,i guess ladies shouldn't be wearing heels when riding & as for a skirt ,i keep an eye out but as yet haven't been in the right place at the right time--hehehe, usually more likely to find a short skirt getting out of a parked car while your'e stopped at an intersectionBig Smile , was amused though at Rod's comment on eating/drinking on a scooter , while i don't do either , i have had my daughter eat a cheeseburger and drink her chai latte at 100kmh on the back of my Vespa and then use dads jacket pockets to put the rubbish in so as to not be a litterbug, actually saw a dude in Sydney a couple of weeks back riding down Oxford St Darlinghust drinking his morning coffee as he rode his Burg to workYes

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 04-18-2011 04:28 PM In reply to

Like this image from a well known Scooter manufacturer?

2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
  • 04-18-2011 04:32 PM In reply to

• 04-18-2011 11:55 PM In reply to

Not a bad article at all!   However you cut it, the media wants scooter riders to be all cool and trendy, high-heels and short skirts for the selling of products, and then to be safety conscious and non-speeding citizens when it wants to give itself moral authority and be holier than thou.  They've got to have something to fill the pages so that they can sell the advertising, and it has to appeal/impact to the reader on an emotional level to elicit a reaction, so they pick and choose the message as they see fit, depending on which way the wind appears to be blowing.  Anything positive has got to be a bonus, and anything else is just collateral damage which probably will annoy us, but won't affect anyone else (well, on the road we are invisible, so why flatter ourselves that we aren't in the media too?).   

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au