Scooter
Community

Barkbusters for a Vespa

Last post 02-21-2013 05:21 PM by pyrah. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2011 02:02 PM

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

Barkbusters for a Vespa

Has anyone had any experience with Barkbuster "storm handlebar end cover thingys? , i saw a Gillera 500 scooter yesterday with some on it & figure they might be good in winter for stopping the cold wind on my hands , my intention is to fit for winter & remove for summer.

Looking on the Barkbuster web site it appears my options are an S5 or S7 kit with single mount , what i'm curious to is whether i can fit on the end of the Vespa counterweights or whether i will have to remove the countertweights? , any one able to tell me? ,.

ps  i don't want to fit handgrip warmers cause they won't really stop the windchill & the insides of my hands are not the problem. 

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 04-18-2011 02:16 PM In reply to

Re: Barkbusters for a Vespa

I had Bark-busters on my dirt-bike you had to remove the bar wights to fit them . have seen others that fit as wind deflectors that have the one fixing that you require

• 04-18-2011 02:19 PM In reply to

I see they do Stormguards now that would be the ones you need http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/catalog.php?category=Ego%20Barkbusters  They are for fixing on the handlebars do your bar weights spin  mightn't look funny mounted that way

• 04-18-2011 02:52 PM In reply to

• 04-18-2011 04:39 PM In reply to

bradr:

Has anyone had any experience with Barkbuster "storm handlebar end cover thingys? , i saw a Gillera 500 scooter yesterday with some on it & figure they might be good in winter for stopping the cold wind on my hands , my intention is to fit for winter & remove for summer.

Looking on the Barkbuster web site it appears my options are an S5 or S7 kit with single mount , what i'm curious to is whether i can fit on the end of the Vespa counterweights or whether i will have to remove the countertweights? , any one able to tell me? ,.

ps  i don't want to fit handgrip warmers cause they won't really stop the windchill & the insides of my hands are not the problem. 

Hmmm.  why not the Vespa high screen, appropriately cut down?  Covers everything. 

I have Wunderlich "clearprotect" hand protectors on my R1200R - clear polycarbonate and a great solution for road bikes where you aren't (short of a little ditch excursioning) gonna hit trees ... tried to work out how to turn 'em around for the GTS ... hard to guess

..d'oh ... vespa already make the winter solution, and at $299 it's more expensive than most hand protectors, but not mroe expensive than ones that have to be bodgied to fit ...  well, that was my realisation.  As soon as teh cold intrudes too much, I'll be taking off the flyscreen and on with the big screen until springtime.

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
  • 04-18-2011 05:05 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

pyrah:
    Idea Handlebar muffs

Hey , they look interesting & might even do the trick , looking at the pics it looks as though you velcro them round the handlebar & then slip your gloved hand inside , hmm i'm going to explore that option cause they'de be certainly an easy on/off affair wouldn't they

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 04-18-2011 05:08 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

Caroanbill:

I have Wunderlich "clearprotect" hand protectors on my R1200R - clear polycarbonate and a great solution for road bikes where you aren't (short of a little ditch excursioning) gonna hit trees ... tried to work out how to turn 'em around for the GTS ... hard to guess

Hey Caroanbill, wonder where i can find a picture of those ?

• 04-18-2011 05:29 PM In reply to

Yep i have a pair of cheep Chinese ones but haven't needed them here  but used similar ones in UK winters in the old days with success

• 04-19-2011 09:50 AM In reply to

bradr:

Caroanbill:

Hey Caroanbill, wonder where i can find a picture of those ?

Here they are on my BMW

http://modernvespa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1094562&highlight=wunderlich#1094562

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
  • 02-15-2013 08:38 PM In reply to

Brad R did you end up getting some of these clear polycarb hand shields? Were they for a GTS? If so can you explain how you attached them, please?? I have a tall windscreen and was wondering whether I could put these on as well.

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 02-20-2013 01:55 PM In reply to

• awa355
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-20-2013
    • waikato
    • Posts 194

pyrah:

I see they do Stormguards now that would be the ones you need http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/catalog.php?category=Ego%20Barkbusters  They are for fixing on the handlebars do your bar weights spin  mightn't look funny mounted that way

This is what I was looking at for Buggsy. However, I have barely 5mm width between the switchblock and the plastic bodywork covering the bars. I may be able to adapt the mounts to fix to the mirror and the indicator mounts. 

Awa and Buggsy
  • 02-21-2013 04:43 PM In reply to

Caroanbill:
    why not the Vespa high screen, appropriately cut down?  Covers everything. 

That's what I'm in the process of doing, upgrading to the tall screen, which includes hand protectors, for my lovely GTV300 'Ruby'. Once it's here I'll have cut down to be similar to the mid-screen for the GTS.

If I can find someone to cut it down... What kind of company would I be looking for to do the cutting/buffing?

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 02-21-2013 05:21 PM In reply to

Big Smile Welcome back Yes 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au