Scooter
Community

Vespa PX 200 tyres

Last post 05-09-2011 11:43 PM by hank. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2011 11:05 AM

• jonners
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-13-2010
    • Perth (western 'burbs)
    • Posts 248

Vespa PX 200 tyres

Forgive me guys, I know this would have been asked a million times before, but for some reason my search skills are failing me at the moment and I just can't find the threads.

At the moment, I've got the stock tyres but would like to get some nice soft sticky rubber on there. I don't care at all about how long they last. I don't care what they cost. I just want the stickiest tyer available.

So what are the options? Feel free to call me a fool and point me to a link to previous threads Stick out tongue or just suggest what you guys are using and your experiences with various options. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jon

Vespa PX 200 (black)

Piaggio Fly 150 (white)

Suzuki Vstrom (dl650) (red)
  • 04-19-2011 12:04 PM In reply to

Re: Vespa PX 200 tyres

Schwalbe Raceman or Weatherman is my preference.

organiser Hobart Motor Scooter Club

Cool gear and Vespa seat covers at cosmicbreed.com

For info on the National Scooter Rallies open to all riders, go to National Scooter Rally

Remember, don't spend all your time posting on scooter forums - get out there and ride your scooter...
  • 04-26-2011 09:38 PM In reply to

There's a Sava that has a similar profile as the Schwalbe Raceman, but is a bit softer.  The Schwalbe are fantastic once warmed up, albeit quite a hard compound.  Apparently there is a sticky polymer which helps them grip.  Good tyres and shocks are always a winning combination.

• 04-27-2011 01:44 PM In reply to

Yeah I'm running Shwalbe Racemans too. Nice and grippy with the added bonus of a very thick side wall for a bit of extra safety in the case of a blow out

www.borderlinenuisancesc.com
  • 05-09-2011 11:43 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

Re: Vespa PX 200 tyres free

for sale or free

1 hutchinson city

1 cheng shin

1 michelin s83 

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see