Scooter
Community

Goodbye from ColdCola

Last post 04-28-2011 12:10 AM by ColdCola. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2011 12:14 PM

Goodbye from ColdCola

I won't be posting much on these forums anymore as I have decided I will go in another direction.

It has been great to share ideas about scooters these last few years.

I want to thank you all for your tolerance of my bad jokes & wish you all a safe & happy future.

Goodbye, everyone!

Mack Truck
  • 04-19-2011 01:35 PM In reply to

Re: Goodbye from ColdCola

best of luck in your new direction CC. if you get lost you know where to find us Wink

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 04-19-2011 02:32 PM In reply to

Darn, now who am I going to hassle for advice when I eventually get my scarabeo 500? Anyhow good luck in your new ventures. Paradise

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 04-19-2011 09:44 PM In reply to

All the best with your new adventures if you get bored please drop back in for a chat Beer

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-20-2011 07:51 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

CYA Coldie, no need to go completely mate. You know the address and you are welcome anytime. All the best mate....

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 04-20-2011 10:04 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

ColdCola:

I won't be posting much on these forums anymore as I have decided I will go in another direction.

Motorcycle, pushbike or 4WD? 

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 04-20-2011 12:07 PM In reply to

ColdCola:

As long as that direction is sideways or upwards....  Come on ColdCola, we are now all intrigued in what's next!

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 04-20-2011 02:11 PM In reply to

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-20-2011 11:16 PM In reply to

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words.

Getting a motorbike, still working out which one.

Mack Truck
  • 04-20-2011 11:40 PM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

ColdCola:

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words.

Does not mean you have to part ways. I am currently scooterless and deciding weather to upgrade my gs500 commuter to a vfr800 or sprint st, but hey, its all 2 wheels and I still enjoy scootering.

My plan when I sold the aprillia sportcity was to get a maxi, but it has not eventuated do to lack of space and money. So now the plan is to upgrade the commuter bike to a tourer and buy a smaller scoot. Hayabusa is still not off my list yet, so long as I can get a white one!!

• 04-20-2011 11:45 PM In reply to

ColdCola:

Hey, many people here ride bikes as well - just look at the 'we ride because we can' group... it seems to consist mainly of motorcycles these days! (btw, I find that very interesting as it seems to confirm my theories about the place of scooters in the great scheme of things)

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that you can easily get a motorcycle and still hang around :)

• 04-21-2011 09:02 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Was this a late April fools joke Coldie

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 04-21-2011 12:08 PM In reply to

Thanks, guys. You're right, maybe I shouldn't be saying goodbye. But I will definitly be selling or trading in my scooter and so I won't have as much scooter-specific insights anymore.

And no, Allen, this hasn't been a late April Fools Day joke.

But since you (sort of) asked for one, here it is:  the motorcycle I most have my eyes on...

Mack Truck
  • 04-21-2011 12:52 PM In reply to

Personally I find that the insights from people, whatever they ride, are valid.  Its the person that we are interested in, not the machine that they are on top of.  That's why it would be a pity to lose you from these forums, whatever you are riding, or even if you aren't riding at all.  I know a few of our customers move from a scooter onto a motorbike, but then we are also seeing a significant number who are moving from a motorbike to a scooter, and increasingly many who now own both.   The value of these forums is (generally) the "openness" of the discussion, and the value add.  Many of the bike forums appear to be very closed in their horizons.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 04-21-2011 02:48 PM In reply to

Great machine & ones the cola is shook up pierce the bottle for some extra ump Geeked

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au