Scooter
Community

Jacket suggestion for the Larger Lass

Last post 07-05-2011 12:07 PM by INMA. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2011 06:53 PM

Jacket suggestion for the Larger Lass

Unfortunately, Mrs. Wombat's jacket hasn't arrived.

As we're stuck in Bendigo, Victoria (about 2 hours from Melbourne, a bit less from Ballarat) We're pretty limited for choice. Have been to all the MC dealers in town.

The problem is, Mrs. Wombat is about a size 26. All the women's stuff we've discovered stops at about size 16.

So, she's wearing a duffel coat. No kevlar, no armour. I see this as a major problem.

We need suggestions, ASAP, please.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
    Filed under: ,
  • 05-10-2011 07:42 PM In reply to

Re: Jacket suggestion for the Larger Lass

After chatting with the a woman at Sassy Rider today about a jacket I've put in an order for  (Tourmaster Trinity in tan) I would strongly suggest you give them a call & ask what they suggest. It looks like some of the jackets they stock could well be suitable with the sizing on some styles going up to 3XL & 4XL.

0413 184 893

I found the woman I spoke with very helpful. They didn't have the colour I wanted in my size, but after talking with her we both decided that the next size down would be suitable (don't you love it when that happens! Smile) and if not I could return it & go for the chocolate (which I also liked the colour of) coloured jacket.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 05-10-2011 08:59 PM In reply to

How about something like a Armadillo parker http://armadilloscooterwear.com/

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 05-10-2011 09:32 PM In reply to

• Dakoda
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Brisbane Bayside
    • Posts 6,372

Speaking from experience, you need to try them on, as with me, it was hard to find one that went over the hips and butt.  As personally I wanted all that covered.  Some women you see will have their jacket go to their hips, and when they bend forward their lower back will be exposed (not a good look on a bike, although you see it a lot on the chicks that sit on the back of sports bikes).

I have bought some shirts from sassy Rider, they are a good company.

For the moment though if you can get to a motorbike shop, you might have to be content in a mens jacket.

2008-Venice White Aprilia Scarabeo 200 "Marty"
    48,000kms and wriiten off. RIP 2008-2012
    2012 - 2009 Red Aprilia Scarabeo 200
    Named Bomber. 8,000kms in 5months
  • 05-11-2011 04:17 PM In reply to

Thanks for the suggestions - I wasn't sure that the Armadillo stuff had some form of armour/shock absorption. I will suggest to Mrs. Wombat

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 05-11-2011 04:18 PM In reply to

Armadillo only go up to Women's Size 16.

• 05-11-2011 06:34 PM In reply to

Thats why i suggested the parker goes to mens XXL thought it would be OK as a unisex garment . Also the city rider looks OK i believe sharonvespagirl as one of the parkers you could try a email to her for some feedback (if interested ). They have soft armor that stiffens on impact Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 05-11-2011 06:51 PM In reply to

sorry, it was a quick 'read and reply' I'll do some more research before I open my keyboard next time.

• 05-11-2011 08:29 PM In reply to

http://www.scootercrazy.com/acatalog/Tucano_Urbano_Winter_Jackets.html Tucano also make a parker up to size XXXL & some XXXXL jackets

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 05-25-2011 06:44 PM In reply to

What a brilliant shop that is, I was just comparing the prices there against the ripped prices we pay here. Remember that these are retail prices that include 20 percent VAT, which we of course wouldn't have to pay leaving only the freight charge. Thanks for that pyrah.

Harry

You're as bad as me, you used to be so much better, that makes you worse.

Red Gilera Fuoco 500ie
  • 06-05-2011 05:26 PM In reply to

Rjays have several jackets available in 'stout' sizes which feature up to 6XL body with XL arms. I have one in stout 3 and they are well made.

http://www.rjays.com.au/home/products/textile-explorer-2-ladies-comfort-fit-jacket.html

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 06-11-2011 05:00 AM In reply to

http://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/shop/motorcycle-clothing/textile-clothing/parka-mens-green.html I see this place in the UK have on sale the Armadillo Parker for 80 pounds

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 07-05-2011 12:07 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 830

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au