Scooter
Community

Vespa Super Sport in Nero Abissio (Matt Black)

Last post 02-08-2013 11:05 PM by davetherave. 51 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2011 11:06 AM

Vespa Super Sport in Nero Abissio (Matt Black)

Arriving in July - strictly limited numbers (only 34 in Australia).  $8290 plus ORC.  I guess if you want one, I'd get your order in pretty damned quick as I suspect that these will disappear.

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 06-28-2011 11:07 AM In reply to

Re: Vespa Super Sport in Nero Abissio (Matt Black)

pass

argentum melle
  • 06-28-2011 12:01 PM In reply to

• 06-28-2011 03:11 PM In reply to

Hmm... Confused

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-28-2011 05:06 PM In reply to

Pass for me, too ... these matt and satin colours do look the duck's guts when you first get 'em ...

... but they seem to get 'old' rather quickly - irregular shiny patches appear and the paint looks uneven and patchy for the rest of its life ...

Besides, the boss told me "you have to have a red scooter, Daddy" and she'd know.  She is four, after all.

I'd have liked a yellow (ok, ok, gallo lime) one or another happy (and very visible) colour.  I might even have got pink (ok, not really - but I'd have loved orange). All this dark sobriety ... how come the LX / S range gets all the fun??? Scooterpartyscooterpartyscooterparty ... scooters are s'posed to be fun, F-U-N!

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
  • 06-28-2011 05:18 PM In reply to

Caroanbill:

Besides, the boss told me "you have to have a red scooter, Daddy" and she'd know.  She is four, after all.

I'd have liked a yellow (ok, ok, gallo lime) one or another happy (and very visible) colour.

She'd know. And the brighter colours are more visible... although it doesn't stop people from mistakenly thinking you're on a "moped" & pulling out infront of you leaving you nowhere to go... but then that's what the Stebel is for. I think it's the first time I've used the airhorn in anger. Wink

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 06-29-2011 12:54 PM In reply to

• jonners
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-13-2010
    • Perth (western 'burbs)
    • Posts 248

so how much of a premium are they asking for different paint, seat and decals?

Vespa PX 200 (black)

Piaggio Fly 150 (white)

Suzuki Vstrom (dl650) (red)
  • 06-29-2011 01:43 PM In reply to

$400...  Not being a panel beater/spray painter, I don't know whether that the matt finish is more time consuming to do, but the seat and decals aren't significantly more than the regular Super.  I suspect there is a bit of premium for exclusivity too.  But that's marketing for you.  They do the same with cars.  A few extra stickers and they call it a limited edition and charge more for it.  However for some reason they do tend to hold their value better, so I can't say that it always makes sense.

But the matt colours seem to be very popular in Europe just now, particularly on cars - so I guess this is a logical progression for Vespa.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 06-29-2011 04:34 PM In reply to

• jonners
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-13-2010
    • Perth (western 'burbs)
    • Posts 248

actually, i don't think 400 is unreasonable really. I reckon you're spot on that it's just the exclusivity people would pay for. Matt finish does seem to be the "in" thing at the moment.

not my cup of tea, but i do like having more options!

Vespa PX 200 (black)

Piaggio Fly 150 (white)

Suzuki Vstrom (dl650) (red)
  • 06-29-2011 05:07 PM In reply to

jonners:

actually, i don't think 400 is unreasonable really. I reckon you're spot on that it's just the exclusivity people would pay for. Matt finish does seem to be the "in" thing at the moment.

not my cup of tea, but i do like having more options!

Its the eternal question of "worth".  I remember a friend of mine having an argument with a surveyor about the market value of a house that he was looking at, and needed to get the surveyor to agree the amount that he needed in order to have the mortgage approved.  After much to-ing and fro-ing, he finally was able to convince the surveyor to increase his valuation based on the premise that if he was willing to pay x then the market value was x.  (The moral of that story being don't try and win an fiancial argument with the head of JP Morgans European Swaps desk).

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 06-29-2011 05:32 PM In reply to

• emil_io
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-16-2011
    • Melbourne, Victoria
    • Posts 323

If I had the money, this would be the scooter I'd buy. I think the colour is great, it's already supposed to be an amazing machine, I'd spend the extra to have one the was a little more exclusive, I doubt very much the dealers will have any trouble shifting the limited stock that they recieve, I guess the "value" in the few extra details is a somewhat subjective appeal. 

Steve, do you know if any of the other special series Vespa's are coming to Aus?

If anyone is interested, you can look at the full range of specials here http://www.it.vespa.com/#/vespa/IT/it/Modelli/Vespa-SerieSpeciali

Kymco Like 125

Vespa PX 200
  • 06-29-2011 06:08 PM In reply to

steve@ace:

$400...  Not being a panel beater/spray painter, I don't know whether that the matt finish is more time consuming to do

Black models are far more expensive to ship, however... well, they must be - otherwise why would they command $400 premium in Australia, while selling in Italy for the same price as the other  colour?

http://www.it.vespa.com/#/vespa/IT/it/Modelli/Vespa-SerieSpeciali/Vespa-GTS-Super-Sport

• 06-29-2011 10:00 PM In reply to

Devil What colour is the fuel pump Big Smile

• 06-30-2011 12:02 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

pyrah:

I sell a product at my work , its called "vinyl  etch primer ' , comes in black or grey , is very popular with hot rodders to paint they're pride & joy in , these style of hotrod are known as "rat rod " , hey i could do my GTS in it ?, someone commented that the "matt " paint goes blotchy looking with age , its known as "chalky" & is common to matt paint to do this , actually the " bush " term for matt black is " blackboard paint " , i guess you either like it or you don't , myself i don't think its a colour that'll have a long life span & like pyrah has said " what colour is the fuel pump " ?Smile

Actually,  looking at some of the latest euro cars , there are some really schmik " mica" reds,browns,blues , gunmetals etc & some real nice pearl white's , reds , blacks etc --some of which could really make a Vespa " stand alone" as a LTD edition, one day i'm gunna do my GTS in'' Electric Blue" a BMW colour , i say one day .

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 06-30-2011 12:42 AM In reply to

That is a beautiful looking scooter, even in the crap black colour. I'm with Caroanbill - give me sunshine on my scooter! Anyone can have black.

When I get my Vespa (one day), what if I have it custom painted to my own colour choice? Any ideas how much that would cost? Could I have it done when I buy it, or do I have to arrange it after purchase, with my own painter people? I know to have a car sprayed your 'own' colour, at the point of sale, is around $2,000.

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au