Scooter
Community

About time for me to upgrade!

Last post 10-09-2011 05:33 PM by pyrah. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2011 07:11 PM

About time for me to upgrade!

Hey all,

I have spent the last year and a half on my SR50 Factory DiTech and loving it, but due to me attaining my REA scooter licence ( Allowed to ride all scoots upto 660ml ) i think it is time to upgrade, also i have been in the mood for something new. Budget is the key word at the moment with the price range of about $4500 - $5000, and even in this price range, its going to be a poor summer.

I have a top contender, the V5, great reveiws and style of scooter/cruiser motorcycle, have been captivating me lately, but simply iI am here for your opinons, not particularly about the V5, but some other great scooters i may have overlooked or are comming later on this year or early next year. for instance maybe a V6 is on its way in, or SR Max is comming to Australia.

Cheers all.

Bout to buy a cf moto V5
  • 10-01-2011 07:36 PM In reply to

Re: About time for me to upgrade!

The  Gmax 220i arriving this month sounds good if it scrapes into  your budget

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 10-01-2011 07:43 PM In reply to

We have discused the Cf Moto V5 before Here & Here

• 10-01-2011 08:09 PM In reply to

wow alot of mixed opinons in those threads,

on the pgo , it looks sweet and i can see myself having alot of fun with that, but they say under $5000 but they really mean $5990 retail.

Bout to buy a cf moto V5
  • 10-02-2011 06:46 PM In reply to

Hey Ducts,

I've had my V3 for a month now(done 1200k's) - love it, and will defintely look at going for the V5 in a few months if the trade-in price is good. Excellent commuter and get's attention wherever I go.

CF Moto V3
  • 10-02-2011 07:08 PM In reply to

If $5000 is really all you can afford maybe you should have a look at the secondhand scoots also. A well cared for, regularly serviced, name brand scooter with 5000km+ service schedules should definitely be included in your shopping list.

Above all it comes down to test riding though. get out there & get your butt onto seats.

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 10-03-2011 05:38 PM In reply to

Ive been sold on the V5 for a while , mainly due to the best reveiws all paying compliements on the comfort of the ride, and the cruiser sitting posture is a big plus as i am 6 foot 1 and am always swayed in opion by the height of a scooter seat.

Either way new is best solution for me, because my next scoot will be at least a 3 year investment.

Bout to buy a cf moto V5
  • 10-04-2011 04:33 AM In reply to

• haro
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-23-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 125

Geez that new PGO 220cc looks like a cool little scoot !

I would be interested to have a look/see at one of those puppys when they come into stock somewhere. I do enjoy my VS125 and it fits me well (6'5") but its up to 22,000KM now and although is not dying its still an old school carby engine and I would love a EFI with a little more poke.

• 10-04-2011 09:56 AM In reply to

About that time for you to upgrade as well, I have read that these pgo 220i 's  will be easy modify, plus they looks great, good choice if you go with it!

Bout to buy a cf moto V5
  • 10-04-2011 10:04 AM In reply to

Devil

Big Smile

• 10-04-2011 03:00 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

aussie burger and fanta, thanks

8.70 please drive through

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 10-05-2011 08:20 PM In reply to

By all means cover the whole spectrum regarding overall performance, price, handling etc. May I suggest however that you research ease of servicing, availability of parts (and price). No one can do that for you as opinions vary so greatly. For what it's worth - I have found it of most importance to assess 1. WHO I am buying from and 2. whether the bike is totally reliable. 3. Physically inspect the bikes for ease of service (get 'real' service cost info from the dealer-not guestimates). 4. Beware of price considerations because the hidden secret behind cost is depreciation. Weigh up whether it is cheaper overall to dump the bike after say 20K rather than go on an ego trip fashion wise. Remember - no matter what anyone tells you - when you sign and recieve your new bike IT'S YOUR PROBLEM from then on in. On the brighter side - there are good value-for money deals to be had. Above all - keep it simple - complexity costs big bucks, and in my experience rarely delivers!   Cheers

• 10-05-2011 10:26 PM In reply to

give me EFI over carby thanks, though tony.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 10-06-2011 08:25 AM In reply to

In principle - yes. In practice though... Heading towards 18,000kms, my HD200 fuels perfectly and starts up perfectly every time. What would EFI give me that I'm not getting already?

• 10-06-2011 11:42 AM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

ferrix:

In principle - yes. In practice though... Heading towards 18,000kms, my HD200 fuels perfectly and starts up perfectly every time. What would EFI give me that I'm not getting already?

a fuel pumpStick out tongue

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au