Scooter
Community

Vespa 300 performance

Last post 03-24-2012 08:59 AM by Mike Holland. 47 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-03-2011 02:35 PM In reply to

Re: Vespa 300 performance

bradr:

I've never heard of a 250 Vespa that'll do a ''wheelie' off the line , find it a bit hard to imagine that a stock 300 would be any closer to doing one either ? 

it does not matter is its new or 10k old its rev limited, the ecu limits the engine rpm 

heres my 300 when i brough it brandnew in the back yard with 130kg rider totally stock, wheelies off the line

i have a video too but i wont be posting that on a public forum again lol

• 11-03-2011 03:23 PM In reply to

andrewd:
    i have a video too but i wont be posting that on a public forum again lol

"He's not the messiah. He's a very naughty boy"

Ace Scooters - practitioners to the scooter addicted.

www.acescooters.com.au
  • 11-03-2011 10:05 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,037

andrewd:
    heres my 300 when i brough it brandnew in the back yard with 130kg rider totally stock, wheelies off the line

Hmm , well thats one mother of a 300 Yes

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 11-03-2011 11:34 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

i  chose the 250 over the 300 vespa because i wanted the analogue/ digital dash. plus they don't make the 300 in silver. i also didn't like the low down acceleration of the 300 engine. the 250 is smoother.

with the setup on my scooter i think i would give a 300 a good run for their money. anyone willing to front up.Devil

Hey Bud, My 300 is going in to ace on tuesday- you are welcome to race me, or even take it for a spin. in the event of a race I might use a stig as I am 92kg, and I would have thought that you were lighter than that? 

My estimates/experience is that a 300 and 250 with similar basic mods (exhaust, variator) are about 30kg apart in acceleration. ie the 300 with a 90kg rider = the 250 with a 60kg rider. more or less, and with the 250 having at least equal top speed. 

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 11-04-2011 10:48 AM In reply to

adamtassell:

silverflyer:

i  chose the 250 over the 300 vespa because i wanted the analogue/ digital dash. plus they don't make the 300 in silver. i also didn't like the low down acceleration of the 300 engine. the 250 is smoother.

with the setup on my scooter i think i would give a 300 a good run for their money. anyone willing to front up.Devil

Hey Bud, My 300 is going in to ace on tuesday- you are welcome to race me, or even take it for a spin. in the event of a race I might use a stig as I am 92kg, and I would have thought that you were lighter than that? 

My estimates/experience is that a 300 and 250 with similar basic mods (exhaust, variator) are about 30kg apart in acceleration. ie the 300 with a 90kg rider = the 250 with a 60kg rider. more or less, and with the 250 having at least equal top speed. 

righto, it will be an interesting comparsion. i know what a 300 rides like but i want to see what they are like side by side.

argentum melle
  • 11-05-2011 01:09 AM In reply to

game on!!!!!

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 11-05-2011 09:30 AM In reply to

I'm eager to hear the results! I have much the same setup as you, Adam, but haven't had the opportunity to smoke any 300s yet. Smile

Mike

• 11-05-2011 11:01 AM In reply to

Nah- mike you have the Malossi kit on- I have only got the stock 300, with pipe, variator and springs. 

Silverflyer - what have you got on your 250? I have only compared my 300 to similarly modded large wheeled 250s, ie the bv and scarsbeo. Not sure if that makes my observations untrue. I guess we will see :-) 

Scarabeo 500ie. J costa variator, Giannelli Exhaust, Malossi Cam, Dr Pulley Clutch, and SX appeal cup holder. GONE

Bought a ducati, missed scootering so now riding a Vespa 300 super. Polini variator, PM tuning exhaust, Malossi clutch springs jettin bar ends with mirrors, heated grips and still an SX appeal cup holder.
  • 11-06-2011 11:00 AM In reply to

i only have the lv exhaust and dr pulley sliding rollers. but i want to see what it is like with the baffle out. so you will hear me coming down the road.Smile

argentum melle
  • 11-07-2011 01:55 AM In reply to

my money is on the 300 smoking the 250... 

Piaggio 250 BV type R

Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie
  • 11-07-2011 08:58 PM In reply to

bunnybash:

i would agree with that but i want to see by just how much.

argentum melle
  • 11-07-2011 11:47 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

bunnybash:

i would agree with that but i want to see by just how much.

I reckon there is quite a bit of variation between fast and slow quasars/300s. You never know!

Would be fun to do a series of races from 0 to say 80 between stock and modified 250 and 300 motored vespas. I think the modded 250 and the stock 300 will be close, but would be surprised if the modded 300 isnt fastest. The stock 250 will still have better top speed than the modded 300, but wont maintain as high a speed up a long hill. <- all just IMHO.

Silverflyer if I am not there you are welcome to see if you can rope steve into racing you on my scooter. I may do an early morning drop off, and look to pick up again on thursday so hopefully catch you one of those two.

• 11-08-2011 05:46 PM In reply to

that was funBig Smile especially riding without the baffle. i cheatDevil

i was surprised that i wasn't so far behind. but i would like to see on a longer bit of road. like a freeway except today was really windy. but i knew that would happen with the acceleration.

thank you adam for the help and the ride of your scooter. very nice.

argentum melle
  • 11-08-2011 06:22 PM In reply to

• DaveO
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-13-2010
    • Cow Flat NSW
    • Posts 290

Well, report please. What happened?

The Red Menace
  • 11-08-2011 07:08 PM In reply to

DaveO:

Well, report please. What happened?

Busy roads and very windy! I will give my take and silver flyer may give a slightly different one - distances being subjective. 

We had a few races from 0-80ish, I am about 92kg, silver flyer is about 80ish(?). 

First run was me on the 300- I got a slight jump at the start which led to a big and cheating win- sorry

Run 2 was fairer and led to a 2 bike length win to the 300 ie a one bike gap.

Next we swapped bikes and had a fair run this time the 300 won more comfortably by 4 bikes gap, ie ahead by 5 bikes. 

Silver flyer may say a different set of lengths- obviously highly subjective!

Mods on the 300 were pm tuning pipe with baffle in, polini variator and Malossi moderate clutch springs. The 250 had dr pulley sliders and Leo Vince exhaust with no baffle (roar) standard clutch springs. 

We did not really go over about 80 but it seemed clear to me that as speed increase the 300 was less able to pull away. In fact I estimate the 300 and 250 were well and truly even in acceleration by 80 and possibly as early as about 60

Page 2 of 4 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au