Scooter
Community

TWN Contessa

Last post 08-11-2013 12:47 PM by plbuckland. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2012 02:53 PM

• plonker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-23-2011
    • Newcastle
    • Posts 4

TWN Contessa

Hi all, i'm new to this community and am in process of finding my way around town.

Not sure this is right place but anyway, I'm the proud owner of a 1957 TWN Contessa motor scooter that I am in the process of restoring. Have been lucky to be able to find some great internet sites and a couple of people overseas who have been good at helping me out. Now that I have come across this community I am making myself known and hope to be able to hookup with people who have or know anything about the TWN Contessa in Australia or near-by.

I am a victom of old and classic anything and I also have a classic Moto Guzzi that I get a lot joy from.The Contessa is my first foray into motorscooters and who knows what will come up next.

As I work my way around I will become more familiar with the site and am sure I will enjoy the experience. 

cheers

• 01-15-2012 03:08 PM In reply to

Re: TWN Contessa

Smile Welcome plonker interesting scooter you have got there Yes

• 01-15-2012 06:18 PM In reply to

• plonker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-23-2011
    • Newcastle
    • Posts 4

Drinks Thanks, yes it is and I'm finding it interesting finding parts, but that is all part of the challenge.

• 01-19-2012 04:31 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

any photos there plonk

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 01-19-2012 05:38 PM In reply to

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

Well done on having a Tessy.

It makes a change from the usual 'classic' scooters.

• 01-19-2012 06:11 PM In reply to

• plonker
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-23-2011
    • Newcastle
    • Posts 4

My Contessa what's the best way to post a photo

• 01-19-2012 07:37 PM In reply to

plonker:

what's the best way to post a photo

http://scootercommunity.com.au/forums/t/524.aspx

• 08-11-2013 12:47 PM In reply to

Hi, I am a TWN Contessa tragic too. My father bought one new in about Xmas 1956 (wonder if you have it?). It was used around our property for years until it stopped. I was about 13 when I took a great interest in it. After much bugging my father said if you can get it going you can have it. Same day I had the motor pulled down, and to shorten the story had it going in a couple of months. As kids we rode the thing everywhere and I learned more about mechanicing from that little beast than from anything else (we had 5000 acres to ride on). When I got my L's I traded it on a Honda. I often wished I had kept it.

Even back then it was a battle to get parts for it. Recall having trouble getting the gear change cables, so for quite a while we had a gear stick made up off the engine.

love to hear from you. I live near Gosford now.

Peter Buckland

plbuckland@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au