Scooter
Community

New BMW 600/650 Scooters

Last post 08-17-2013 02:00 AM by pyrah. 112 replies.
Page 4 of 8 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2012 05:36 PM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

Re: New BMW 600/650 Scooters

bratlee:

?

Just think.  If you hadn't touched your Shift Key; you could have posted: "/".

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
  • 08-25-2012 12:01 PM In reply to

Just reading in July UK BIKE magazine about there BMW  C650GT

Price new 9705 pounds

Millage zero zilch

All C650GTs have been delayed due to quality control issues

? Sad

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 09-18-2012 10:08 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

• 09-18-2012 12:34 PM In reply to

13,990 for the Sport sounded pretty good to me at the first glance but then I remembered that will translate to about 15,500 on-road... which doesn't seem quite as appealing, does it?

• 09-29-2012 11:10 AM In reply to

The BMW sales guys told me

GT600 $15999 plus orc and few extras are $1200 

GT650 $17999 plus orc

He couldn't tell me the service pricing as to me that the killer with BMW, pay premium for a great bike but keep paying there after at every service. I'd like one but can't justify one.

He also said I would need top pay a deposit now $1000 if I wanted one but could say no once I tested rided it

Not sure if I trust that as once you sign its yours.

I ride a TMax 530 2013 and work in IT
    Member of Ulysses Club Bunbury
  • 09-30-2012 09:46 AM In reply to

DrChip:

The BMW sales guys told me

GT600 $15999 plus orc and few extras are $1200 

GT650 $17999 plus orc

He couldn't tell me the service pricing as to me that the killer with BMW, pay premium for a great bike but keep paying there after at every service. I'd like one but can't justify one.

He also said I would need top pay a deposit now $1000 if I wanted one but could say no once I tested rided it

Not sure if I trust that as once you sign its yours.

get it written on the contract. if you and the dealer sign then you have both agreed to it.

argentum melle
  • 09-30-2012 09:56 PM In reply to

Thats easier said than done, I live 200k away and faxing back foreward is  pain..

I'm sorry but I don't trust them. am sure there are good ones around not met many but

I ride a TMax 530 2013 and work in IT
    Member of Ulysses Club Bunbury
  • 10-12-2012 08:30 AM In reply to

Copied the following text from the latest BMW Rider Magazine (online version) - what do people think of the value? Need to add delivery and rego costs of course.

BMW Motorrad is excited to enter a new era of Urban Mobility with the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT at the exceptional price of $13,990* and $15,990* respectively.

The two twin-cylinder maxi scooters are LAMS approved and redefine the premium market segment with innovation and dynamic design. The combination of the outstanding riding properties of a motorcycle with the agility and comfort of a scooter, the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT deliver a unique riding experience.

The C 600 Sport for riders with sportier ambitions and the C 650 GT for those who place a premium on comfort and touring. While heated grips, heated seat, tyre pressure control and LED daytime riding light is standard on the GT, these features as well as LED indicators can be ordered as a package on the sport.

General Manager BMW Motorrad Australia and New Zealand, Tony Sesto, is looking forward to the arrival of the scooters.

“Both the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT take BMW Motorrad into a new era of Urban Mobility. They will attract new riders to BMW who are looking for the inner city convenience of a scooter and existing BMW customers, both motorcycles and cars, who are looking for a new riding experience” said Tony.

Delivery will commence in late November.

Both models will be on display at the BMW Motorrad stand at MotoGP and Melbourne Motorcycle Expo. Come along and check them out for yourself. 

* Manufacturer's Recommended List Price is shown and includes GST but excludes dealer charges, stamp duty, statutory charges and on-road charges, which are additional and vary between dealers and States/Territories. Customers are advised to contact their nearestBMW Motorrad dealer for all pricing enquiries.

Life without a Tmax is possible, but would almost be useless…
  • 10-12-2012 02:32 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,087

White Fang:
    General Manager BMW Motorrad Australia and New Zealand, Tony Sesto, is looking forward to the arrival of the scooters.
    ...This is the one we've all been waiting for!

White Fang:
    The C 600 Sport for riders with sportier ambitions
    comes in the same ball park as the Tmax.

White Fang:
    C 600 Sport and C 650 GT at the exceptional price of $13,990* and $15,990* respectively.
    And about the same as an f800r. I wont know til Allen gets his hands on one and I can take it on the Putty Loop.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 10-12-2012 02:37 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Noticed the price of the TMAX is $11,990 at Scooterworld for a 2010 NEW. New TMAX (2012) model would be 13 grand???? I am not sure. For me the TMAX would still be the one for me. But for BMW fans I think they will pay that and a bit more for a bunch of genuine accessories. I can see a few of these selling initially. Will be a fair amount of built up demand.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 10-12-2012 02:43 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

White Fang:
    BMW Motorrad is excited to enter a new era of Urban Mobility with the C 600 Sport and C 650 GT at the exceptional price of $13,990* and $15,990* respectively.

This is all plus on roads , 15,500 for the sport on the road before accessories and 17500 for the touring model.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 10-17-2012 11:05 PM In reply to

thing is that ABS is quite a temptation

• 10-19-2012 08:24 PM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

pellicle:

thing is that ABS is quite a temptation

ABS is becoming quite common.  Myself, I would prefer it if Suzuki had built the perforations/notches that provide the rate of rotation information, via sensors, into the inner disc surface at the rear of the Burgman Exec (K9)--- as had been the method employed at the front!  Having a separate thin & sharp metal ring which somewhat obstructs access to the tyre valve was a poor design decision.

I recall one ocassion when I almost missed a left turn intersection (returning homeward with kayak in tow at 100km/h) and went for the brakes -- hard!  I had made a late decision to visit an acquaintance on the way.  It seemed that there was a shuddering from the running gear (ABS pulses the brakes to prevent wheel lockup), but I did loose enough speed to take the turn safely.  Having the kayak well secured meant that it stayed in place on the trailer through this all.

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
  • 10-20-2012 09:11 AM In reply to

vortexau:
    ABS is becoming quite common.

I see we're on the same page with ABS, but as I understood it ABS has been an option for some time on the T-Max in other coutries but the Australian dealers refuse to bring in the ABS option.

It might be a game changer if BMW bring it in on their scoot and cheaper too (Australia as a market regularly gets shagged. The usual apologists responce is to discuss how we're such a small market yadda yadda. Personally having lived in a few countries now I see that Australia used to make its money off the sheeps back, still seems to only now the sheep are different)

pardon me

• 10-20-2012 02:14 PM In reply to

pellicle:
    It might be a game changer if BMW bring it in on their scoot and cheaper too

ABS has been available for a while on the $8,000 Kymco Downtown and apparently will be available on SYM Maxsym 400 when it finally arrives, at about the same price. So I don't think BMW bringing it at 15k and above would be that much of a game changer.

Page 4 of 8 (113 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au