Scooter
Community

ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS MONTHLY RIDE

Last post 05-13-2014 10:53 PM by Lizziecro. 229 replies.
Page 4 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2012 11:49 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS MONTHLY RIDE -MAY 27th, 2012.

petegailey:
    WATCH THIS SPACE!

Splitter! Wink

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 05-29-2012 12:17 AM In reply to

• 05-31-2012 10:43 AM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

Lizziecro:

I'm already planning a trip to Canberra, so will have to figure out an interesting way to get there then stay overnight.

ahem..... 

http://goo.gl/maps/XSHR

Don't look at WHO started it up, look at WHAT has been started up.....
  • 05-31-2012 10:45 AM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

bradr:

That disease known as "scooter tragic" , it has no known cure 

It does....its called a non riding wife and an 11 month old daughter...but this is wearing off and have a breakout once a month lately

• 05-31-2012 12:09 PM In reply to

Linz:

bradr:

That disease known as "scooter tragic" , it has no known cure 

It does....its called a non riding wife and an 11 month old daughter...but this is wearing off and have a breakout once a month lately

LOL thats only a temporary cure (Wink maybe 20 years at most) Stick out tongue

• 05-31-2012 05:48 PM In reply to

Oh Linz!! The wife and baby are already wearing off!!?? Oh dear. .....

Thanks for the map! So, these roads are all sealed?? Not too nasty?? You know, I reckon I can do it! Better be soon before it gets any colder... brrrrrr.

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 05-31-2012 11:23 PM In reply to

• Linz
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-09-2008
    • Macarthur, NSW
    • Posts 914

Lizziecro:

Oh Linz!! The wife and baby are already wearing off!!?? Oh dear. .....

Thanks for the map! So, these roads are all sealed?? Not too nasty?? You know, I reckon I can do it! Better be soon before it gets any colder... brrrrrr.

No..Im wearing thin on them........

as for the map..dont know did it in my lounge room and never ridden those roads....thank google maps..

• 11-25-2012 07:27 PM In reply to

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS MONTHLY RIDE - NOVEMBER 2012

NOVEMBER 2012 - RIDE REVIEW

Today was such a fantastic day for a ride! Beautiful sunshine, slight breeze and lots of starters! A good cross section, too - some L platers, P platers and more seasoned riders. All up 16 of us lunched at the Club.

We kicked off from Top deck at Wollongong Lighthouse and headed for Albion Park Maccas, where Jason and Rob were putting in cameo appearances, but not riding with us. Linda rode with us from there, for a while, but headed off to do other stuff. Well you sure did miss some beautiful country, Linda!

From Maccas we headed to the Oak Flats interchange where we turned right, travelling out along the East West Link road, to Croome Road and off towards Jamberoo. The world out there was lush and green and just gorgeous! Plenty of hills to go up and down, plenty of bends. We followed the roads through Jamberoo, then Jerrara - a town I never even knew existed! I'd never travelled on any of these roads, so it was such an awakening!! Long Brush Road, Old Saddleback Road, down to South Kiama Drive which took us to the start of the Kiama Bends. Hard not to keep raving about how beautiful everything looked, but it was just such a glorious day! The Bends now seem easier to me, seeing as I've made a few trips on them recently. That makes it even better as you have the confidence to let your gaze take in the scenery.

From there it was just a short trip through Gerringong village, and to the hill at the north of Gerroa, where we stopped at the Gerroa Boat Fishermens' Club for a lovely lunch and chat. (I can recommend the prawn and mango salad). The view over Gerroa and Seven Mile Beach never disappoints.

Nice to have so many new faces today, proving our little group just continues to grow!

We sort of dispersed a bit on the way home, but my little group weaved their way through Minnamurra Bends, then back towards Shellharbour, before slowly breaking off to go home.

It was only a short ride (128kms for me), but such good fun! I definitely will be riding that way again, as it was just so lovely.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=215818903348461779515.0004cf4ba612bc6097072&msa=0

• 11-26-2012 11:44 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Big Smile, If the ride was half as good as the story , it must have been a great run Lizzie , what about pics ? , i like the bit about Jerrara , how about the view when you decend down into Kiama , breathtaking isn't it , & yes those lovely Minnamurra bends , i always go through the bends , they are really good now that the mainstream traffic goes along the by pass , also that view from Smithy's lookout at Gerroa is always good , i always imagine old sir Charles Kingsford Smith actually landing/taking off along Seven Mile Beach , spent my teenage years roaring up/down that beach on a trailbike dodging the council rangers long before it was all fenced off , ah the memories Big SmileBig Smile

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 11-26-2012 10:23 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

bradr:
    it must have been a great run Lizzie , what about pics ?
    Yeah Lizzie great ride report but take some pics next time.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 11-26-2012 11:06 PM In reply to

Yep, I wholeheartedly agree! Problem was the group wasn't stopping for anyone, and I was in very unfamiliar territory, so wasn't able to stop. Not sure how to overcome this problem really. Huh? Only photo's we have are at the Gerroa Club.

Hope this link works for photo's we posted on our Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.487810574596620&type=1

Nope it doesn't want to work today as a direct link. So highlight it, then select 'go to.....', and you'll get there..

• 11-27-2012 10:18 AM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

What you've gotta do Lizzie is learn to use a camera , preferably whilst rounding the Kiama bends at say 80/100kph with the scooter cranked right over in the middle of a bend , you get some really spectacular shots that way , maybe get some practice doing similar on Macquarie Pass ? , Pete G should be able to show you the finer points Big Smile, or you could do what the rest of us do , take stationary pics --

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 11-27-2012 01:12 PM In reply to

As I said Brad, if I'd stopped to take pic's I would've been left behind and been lost! I did try and take some mobile shots, but gloves and fiddly small camera buttons (+ wobbles @ speed), for me do not mix.

• 11-27-2012 03:08 PM In reply to

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - 1ST DECEMBER, BIKERS' TOY RUN

SATURDAY 1ST DECEMBER 2012 - BIKERS' TOY RUN

Kicks off at 10am from the vacant lot opposite Shellharbour Workers' club, cnr Wattle and Shellharbour Roads. Get there early so we can take some photo's. We'll be riding in convoy from Shellharbour to Flagstaff Hill, Wollongong (Wollongong lighthouse). Please decorate your scooter with Christmas pretties, and bring an unwrapped, brand new toy to donate to charity.

Map of route: Link: <https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=215818903348461779515.0004cdbd16516d769bb85&ie=U

Hmmmm..... what colour tinsel will go with giallo lime?????Huh?

• 11-27-2012 04:31 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Lizziecro:
    As I said Brad, if I'd stopped to take pic's I would've been left behind and been lost! I did try and take some mobile shots, but gloves and fiddly small camera buttons (+ wobbles @ speed), for me do not mix

Thats why i lent you one of our pics of Gerroa , Don't worry about the little chap sitting on the floor of Sharons scooter , she was just giving him a break away from his usual garden setting lol.

Big Smile

Page 4 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au