Scooter
Community

ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS MONTHLY RIDE

Last post 05-13-2014 10:53 PM by Lizziecro. 229 replies.
Page 5 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2012 04:35 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - 1ST DECEMBER, BIKERS' TOY RUN

Lizziecro:
    Hmmmm..... what colour tinsel will go with giallo lime?????

Hey , maybe you should mug the Santa that stands on the roadside at Yallah & steal his short sleeve santa shirt with matching santa shorts , it would be something different --"summer santa on a yellow scooter "Big Smile

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 02-20-2013 09:20 PM In reply to

ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - FEBRUARY 2013 MONTHLY RIDE

• 10am at Albion Park Maccas for 10.30 departure. Then Wollongong Lighthouse 10.30 for a 11 am departure.

• 10 am start at Albion Park Maccas. Leaving at 10.30am at the latest.
      10.30 am at Top Deck, Wollongong Lighthouse. Leaving at 11 am at the latest.

Travelling through Sandon Point (collecting anyone at the car park on the way, but not really stopping), up Bulli Pass, along the Old Prince's Highway, to Stanwell Tops where we'll stop at Bald Hill for photo's. From there, back South via Sea Cliff bridge (?? more photo's???), then back to Towradgi Bowling club for lunch. Disperse from there to homes.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=215818903348461779515.0004d5914c10f0b3a320a&msa=0

If weather is looking grim please check our FB page (creatively called 'Illawarra Scooter Riders'), where comments will reveal whether we go ahead with the ride. Don't forget, our members' mobile numbers are in the 'Files' if you want to contact anyone that way. Or if you don't want to join the Facebook page you can contact me using Scooter Community's private message/email system. I'll give you the goss!

Hope to see everyone there! (Well, possibly not everyone you understand....).

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 02-24-2013 08:55 AM In reply to

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - FEBRUARY 2013 MONTHLY RIDE

So today it is for this short ride from Wollongong to Stanwell Tops. It's grey outside but so far no rain, and the sun is trying to poke through. Fingers crossed all will be well.

Happy for anyone to join us. Don't feel you have to be a member of our group, as we welcome anyone.

Have a great sunday everyone! Smile

• 03-11-2013 11:45 AM In reply to

• shyted
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2012
    • Riverwood
    • Posts 91

just wondering  if u  are organising  a ride this  month.  My  wife is hankering to  do a group  ride

ex Honda Lead SCV100
    2005 Aprilia Sportcity 200
    Aprilia SR MAX 300
  • 03-11-2013 12:17 PM In reply to

Hi Shyted,

Yes we are, probably the 24th seeing as Easter is on our usual ride day. I believe we're planning on heading South towards Nowra way, maybe to Sussex Inlet. Nothing definite has been posted yet, but I'll nudge the Nowra contingent along and get them to make a decision, then will post it here. 

Feel free to join our Facebook page, 'Illawarra Scooter Riders', if you haven't already done so.

• 03-12-2013 02:36 PM In reply to

Re: ILLAWARRA SCOOTER RIDERS - MARCH 2013 MONTHLY RIDE

Illawarra Scooter Riders is a group from the Illawarra and Shoalhaven who ride together for fun. We have no formal meetings, presidents, secretaries or any stuff like that. We arrange our rides usually through our Facebook site, 'Illawarra scooter Riders', which anyone is welcome to join. We have a great camaraderie and enjoy each others company and contributions.

Our next ride is on Sunday March 24th.

Arriving at Top Deck car park at Wollongong Lighthouse, at 10.00am, and departing no later than 10.30am.  From there we pick up some Southern folk at Albion Park Maccas, and will depart no later than 11am. We'll then travel up MacQuarie Pass, turn left into Pearson's Lane, then onto the beautiful Myra Vale Road, heading towards Fitzroy falls, where we may stop for a look, or may not. We'll then head down into Kangaroo Valley and up the other side, across the mountain top then down Berry Mountain into Berry township. Here we'll stop for lunch at a cafe somewhere.

After lunch we'll head out of town, North, turning right at the Northern end into Beach Street which will take us to the road behind Seven Mile Beach. We want to check out the damage caused by the recent tornadoes down that way, then will head North, via Minnamurra Bends and Lake Illawarra towards Wollongong.

Learners and less-experienced riders are well-catered for on our rides as we're all happy to keep you nestled inside our group. Having said that, we also have some large-sized scooters, too, with very experienced riders. Everyone is very welcome to come along. In the event of wet weather we routinely postpone the event, and details will be on our FB page.

Hope to see you there!

https://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?msid=215818903348461779515.0004d7b19ebfc936a9a0e&msa=0

• 03-18-2013 05:00 PM In reply to

Everyone's welcome!

• 03-18-2013 08:18 PM In reply to

• shyted
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2012
    • Riverwood
    • Posts 91

Hey  lizzie  we  would  love to  join  ur  ride on  sunday  unfortunately  I  have to  work  Sad.

ex Honda Lead SCV100
    2005 Aprilia Sportcity 200
    Aprilia SR MAX 300
  • 03-19-2013 09:27 AM In reply to

thats shyte (chuckle)

Living large in Dapto. Lets go Vespa one time.
  • 03-23-2013 07:07 PM In reply to

Loose Change you are most welcome to join us... we won't be far from you!

• 03-24-2013 02:34 PM In reply to

Unfortunately a very senior moment set in and I had read the post where it mentioned Sussex Inlet and firmly got it into my head that that was where you were heading on the day and so I had me a lovely time in Sussex inlet ..... all on my own Smile

The ice cream and vanilla coke were just fine though as was the sunshine, me laying on the front lawn of the RSL Club at the waters edge.

I may get it right one day ..... maybe.

You're as bad as me, you used to be so much better, that makes you worse.

Red Gilera Fuoco 500ie
  • 03-24-2013 05:24 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,034

Loose Change:

Unfortunately a very senior moment set in and I had read the post where it mentioned Sussex Inlet and firmly got it into my head that that was where you were heading on the day and so I had me a lovely time in Sussex inlet ..... all on my own Smile

The ice cream and vanilla coke were just fine though as was the sunshine, me laying on the front lawn of the RSL Club at the waters edge.

I may get it right one day ..... maybe.

Ice cream & vanilla coke , you be carefull there mate specially if you're riding , we stuck to less dangerous substances such as iced choclate & cake , that probably why we managed to remember where todays ride was , next month you could travel up with Graham & i if you like , you'de be most welcome .

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 03-24-2013 07:29 PM In reply to

bradr:

next month you could travel up with Graham & i if you like , you'de be most welcome .

Next month I will be be busy tramping the jungles of Malaysia and Thailand after a week in Kuala Lumpur (dental appointment and optometrist)

You're as bad as me, you used to be so much better, that makes you worse.

Red Gilera Fuoco 500ie
  • 03-24-2013 09:19 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Lizziecro:
    Hope to see you there!
    Well Lizziecro it was a great ride, perfect weather, heaps of starters from near and far... but only 1 yellow Vespa??? The Illawarra Scooter Riders are certainly a vibrant crew of two wheeled enthusiasts. After the meet up and a few minor incidents it was off to Albion Park to grab a few more riders then up Mac Pass to the Highlands and the beautiful Pearsons Lane route to Fitzroy Falls. The ride stopped for a coffee and ian and I headed off to try and find our mate Jax who's hiding in the hills somewhere west of Marulan.

I hope you all had a good run down to Kangaroo Valley and back to the Gong. Wish to thank Graham and all the crew for letting us join in.....oh and my appologies for my reckless overtake up the pass. Hope to see you all again soon. btw some of my pics which you can also find on smugmug.

http://petegailey.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Illawarra-Riders/23199109_DNNNS6

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-24-2013 10:23 PM In reply to

Great photo's Pete. Yes sorry I had to change my plans. The family were looking very lost and dejected at the mere thought I should leave the house yet again. Sad I let them shackle me back to the sink where I seem to belong. They like it like that.

Page 5 of 16 (230 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au