Scooter
Community

Any suggestion what I should do?

Last post 05-17-2012 10:53 PM by johnwf. 33 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-29-2012 06:38 PM In reply to

Re: Any suggestion what I should do?

Looking at the pic of the damage I wouldn't bother, it really won't make a difference in trade-in value.

Have you had a look at the Forza yet? Wink

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
  • 04-29-2012 06:43 PM In reply to

danceswithdingoes:

Have you had a look at the Forza yet? Wink

No I haven't. I ended up running out of time. I had too much work so working overtime. Sad (Still working away here)

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Mister Meaner" Beverly 250
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
  • 04-29-2012 06:51 PM In reply to

Found the shield from a Sydney shop. http://www.scooterpoint.com.au/parts-2785/pia-842404.aspx Maybe it would be cheaper to get a new one and replace it. Although, having a matt black shield would look cooler but it's not essential if it does the job, right? Wink 

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
  • 04-29-2012 07:47 PM In reply to

How much is your time worth to you? forty-something dollars plus postage is not bad, considering it would save you paint, sandpaper, and a good few hours of your time.

That's my 2 cents worth.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 04-29-2012 08:33 PM In reply to

wombat:
    How much is your time worth to you?

I don't know if it's about time and money. I think it's more like if I have the time. Sad But I'm sure eventually I'll find the time. Wink Just thought since the replacement shield isn't too expensive, might as well save the hassles. 

Thanks for your 2 cents. 

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
  • 04-29-2012 09:28 PM In reply to

Yep, by the time you've paid for paint, primer and sandpaper you'd be pretty close to the cost of the replacement. But as said above, maybe it's really not that important in the long run? It really doesn't look that bad, and you can justify it as having been dropped because of weight and manoeuvering issues, rather than a stack. I dropped my first scooter and the damage was a lot worse than that. I just stopped thinking about it, and don't think it had any bearing on the sale at all.

Manga, if you've been on the forum since 2009, you've obviously been riding for a while then?? What were you riding before the Bev?

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 04-29-2012 10:04 PM In reply to

Lizziecro:

Yep, by the time you've paid for paint, primer and sandpaper you'd be pretty close to the cost of the replacement. But as said above, maybe it's really not that important in the long run? It really doesn't look that bad, and you can justify it as having been dropped because of weight and manoeuvering issues, rather than a stack. I dropped my first scooter and the damage was a lot worse than that. I just stopped thinking about it, and don't think it had any bearing on the sale at all.

Manga, if you've been on the forum since 2009, you've obviously been riding for a while then?? What were you riding before the Bev?

Yes

yeah I've been riding since late 2008. My first scoot was a red SYM VS125. It's a smaller scoot than Bev and Bev is my 2nd scoot. I've got the VS for a long time so it was sad to sell it. 

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
  • 04-30-2012 07:23 PM In reply to

• johnwf
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-04-2009
    • Canberra
    • Posts 150

MangaGal,

I painted the spare exhaust shield black, looks OK.  If you want it let me know and I will send my MOB so you can arrange a time.  May be easier for me to change it for you, the screws are torx type, a normal screwdiver is no good, only two minute job.  I am in Macarthur, anytime is OK for me.

John

• 04-30-2012 07:38 PM In reply to

johnwf:

MangaGal,

I painted the spare exhaust shield black, looks OK.  If you want it let me know and I will send my MOB so you can arrange a time.  May be easier for me to change it for you, the screws are torx type, a normal screwdiver is no good, only two minute job.  I am in Macarthur, anytime is OK for me.

John

Hey John. You are a legend! God bless you. 

I'm free this Saturday if it's a good time for you. I'll pm you my mob shortly. Let me know what time good for you on Saturday. Big Smile

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
  • 04-30-2012 07:43 PM In reply to

• johnwf
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-04-2009
    • Canberra
    • Posts 150

MangaGal,

Anytime after 2pm is OK, let me know if not suitable for you.

John

• 04-30-2012 07:47 PM In reply to

johnwf YesYesYesYesYes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-30-2012 08:00 PM In reply to

johnwf:

After 2pm is perfect. I've pm'ed you my MOB. You can send me ur address. I can be there around 2.30pm. Big Smile 

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
  • 04-30-2012 09:15 PM In reply to

Yes well done both of you! This is exactly what a community is good for, especially a community with a shared passion, people helping each other out & offering support. Yes

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 05-04-2012 12:10 PM In reply to

johnwf:

MangaGal,

John

Hey John

I can't make it this weekend... Possibly next weekend?

"Akane" SYM VS125
    "Neon" Scarabeo 300ie
  • 05-04-2012 05:50 PM In reply to

• johnwf
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-04-2009
    • Canberra
    • Posts 150

That's OK, just let me know when convenient for you.

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au