Scooter
Community

Using a 50cc to gain RE-A License

Last post 06-29-2012 11:37 AM by silverflyer. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2012 04:18 AM

Using a 50cc to gain RE-A License

Since R-E means any vehicle under 250cc, would it be possible to apply for a RE-A license and pass my practical test using a 50cc scooter?
    The reason I want to do this is because I currently do not own a higher cc motorcycle and I want to get my log book over and done with so by the time I'm due to gain the license, I should have saved up for a scooter/motorcycle.

I understand that you have to do another prac to remove the automatic restriction but that will be easy for me as again I just want to do it now to get the log book over. Smile

EDIT: FYI this is for a Western Australian license

• 06-28-2012 04:05 PM In reply to

Re: Using a 50cc to gain RE-A License

Think if you use a LA class machine you will get a moped license same as 16 year olds go for in WA

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/20619.asp

• 06-28-2012 04:10 PM In reply to

Yeah I already hold an R-N class I was just thinking if R-E is for any vehicle under 250cc would a moped still count since it falls under that?

Main reason i wanna do this is to get the logbook out of the way for the time I do purchase a scooter above 50cc

• 06-28-2012 04:14 PM In reply to

Looks like it as to be at least 100cc

R-E class

R class with an E condition: Motorcycle (restricted) Eligibility requirements to hold this class Eligibility requirements to take riding lessons

A motorcycle with an engine capacity exceeding 100cc but not exceeding 250cc (with foot or hand operated clutch).

• No experience required (minimum age 17 years).

• 06-28-2012 04:20 PM In reply to

Guess I'll have to start saving up then, thanks for answering my question. Smile

• 06-29-2012 11:37 AM In reply to

talk to steve at ace scooters or read the webpage.

www.acescooters.com.au

argentum melle
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au