Scooter
Community

How To Repair Your Scooter

Last post 11-30-2012 10:25 PM by 2wheels. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2012 06:55 PM

How To Repair Your Scooter

Looking at this book today if you are starting off wanting to do your own repairs maintenance then this will be a good buy for you .Plenty off pictures and explanations off even simple jobs http://www.amazon.com/Repair-Your-Scooter-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0760339864 YesYesYes

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 07-09-2012 08:55 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2008
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 652

Re: How To Repair Your Scooter

good book - hardest part is knowing how to remove the panels on some of these scoots lol

Cheers,
    Paul

Now Scarabeo 300 June 11 with Arrow pipe..oh yea!
    previously Scarabeo 200 (with gpr pipe) Oct 09 - June 11 (18,450km)
    previously Vmoto Monaco Apr 09 -Oct 09

*lusting after a GTS, but a few good models for 2013*

• 07-10-2012 08:53 AM In reply to

Paul:

good book - hardest part is knowing how to remove the panels on some of these scoots lol

Devil

Big Smile

• 11-26-2012 01:58 PM In reply to

• colwynt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Canberra
    • Posts 18

If I was to arm myself with this book, a reasonable level of common sense, an acceptable level of motivation and a desire to repair and maintain my scooter, what tools would I need?

... other than a hammer, some explosives and a sound-proof room.

• 11-26-2012 02:17 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

colwynt:
    a hammer, some explosives and a sound-proof room.

and a bottle of Jack Daniels

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 11-26-2012 02:58 PM In reply to

Think i could do most things with the tool from the list below buy other things as needed

3/8 inch metric socket set  Metric combination spanners  Set of screwdrivers  Torque wrench  General purpose pliers  Multi meter Home made variator hold tool 

• 11-26-2012 09:29 PM In reply to

my clever guy can repair any bike. i am lucky.

started with a bug jive wreck. moved on to a candy apple red sweet little bug and finnished with a black honda pcx 125. his name is sparkles.
  • 11-27-2012 12:52 PM In reply to

• colwynt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Canberra
    • Posts 18

What sort of tool is a clever guy? How much do they cost? How long do they last? Are they adjustable? Do they need maintenance? Do they fit into an average size cupboard? Can you leave them out at night or do you have to lock them up? Do you have to be careful how you handle them? Do they break if you drop them? Can you get them anywhere second hand?

• 11-27-2012 01:38 PM In reply to

• colwynt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Canberra
    • Posts 18

Thanks purah. Got the screwdrivers and the pliers, have to get the rest. Can't see myself making a variator hold tool.

• 11-27-2012 01:45 PM In reply to

• 11-27-2012 09:30 PM In reply to

colwynt:

What sort of tool is a clever guy? How much do they cost? How long do they last? Are they adjustable? Do they need maintenance? Do they fit into an average size cupboard? Can you leave them out at night or do you have to lock them up? Do you have to be careful how you handle them? Do they break if you drop them? Can you get them anywhere second hand?

non wickapedia explanation of 'clever guy'

it is debatable weather it's a tool.   it cost me a harley.   it's lasted 7 yrs so far.   adjustable? ... yea i guess.   yes, it needs maintenance yes indeed.   i can get it in the cupboard but have found it rather difficult to keep it there, unless the cat is also in the cupboard..it likes the cat.   i can leave it out at night but it gets a bit bitchy. then i need to lock it up. you wouldnt like it when it's bitchy.   careful handling? yes.   i reckon you would have to drop it from a great hieght to break it and i am willing to give that a try.   this one is mine and its not for sale but if i were to sell it, it would cost you a harley. 

started with a bug jive wreck. moved on to a candy apple red sweet little bug and finnished with a black honda pcx 125. his name is sparkles.
  • 11-28-2012 12:38 PM In reply to

• colwynt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2012
    • Canberra
    • Posts 18

2wheels:
    this one is mine and its not for sale

Looks like I'll have to find a way to become a clever guy. Hopefully the book will help.

• 11-30-2012 10:25 PM In reply to

colwynt:

2wheels:
    this one is mine and its not for sale

Looks like I'll have to find a way to become a clever guy. Hopefully the book will help.

you should be able to get the do it yourself book off the internet. thats what my guy did. they have everything you need to know about maintenance and repair.  its been a god send for us as he is learning as he goes and has managed to rebuild a wreck and lately he used the internet manual to find and replace the busted parts of my pcx after i stacked it. its good as gold now. He built a 74 triumph from the ground up the same way. he has since sold that and bought a harley.  now he's using the online manual for that bike to keep it maintained.  they are priceless.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au