Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Vespa

no where to ride.

Last post 08-30-2012 03:54 PM by 2wheels. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2012 09:59 AM

no where to ride.

HI . I dont get in here much. I was given a little 50cc scooter some years ago. It was a wreck and my wonderful partner rebuilt it for me and I learned how to ride it. (horror) It had been through a lot of wringers before i got it, So I upgraded it to an earlier model that was the same but more reliable.  I started to ride a bit more. Not too far, its only a 50.  Then I went and got a licence to ride some thing bigger. Whoo hoo I can now ride up to a 500cc. Im not silly, I bought a Honda pcx 125cc.  She rocks. I love it.

The thing is, I still have no one to ride with and no where to ride to. Is there anyone out there in the Durack area that can tell me some places to ride to? I will take it on ipswich road but im still not ok with the bigger motorways. Still a novice and the buffeting winds really spook me. Do you ever get over that?

My partner has taken me on a couple of rides. Hate to put him through it as he rides a harley and it must be embarrassing for him to ride with a honda scooter. He's been very patient and a great support.

So if i dont lose interest, i would like to upgrade in a year or so to something that will handle the motorways with a little more ease. 

thats all i have. Thanks for listening.  Smile

started with a bug jive wreck. moved on to a candy apple red sweet little bug and finnished with a black honda pcx 125. his name is sparkles.
  • 08-30-2012 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: no where to ride.

Hi 2 wheels,

I'm assuming Durack is somewhere in Q'land?? Have a look at the forums (here) for club events. I know there are some scooter clubs in the Brisbane area and I'm sure they could help you. It's good fun riding with a group of scooter people, so have a think about that. There's bound to be someone in your area.

Good  luck! Smile

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 08-30-2012 12:45 PM In reply to

Google maps says 3 Durack QLD WA NT but combined with Ipswich road makes it Brisbane QLD spot on Lizzie Yes

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 08-30-2012 03:54 PM In reply to

thanks. I will look at the forums. Durack is in Brisbane.

started with a bug jive wreck. moved on to a candy apple red sweet little bug and finnished with a black honda pcx 125. his name is sparkles.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au