Scooter
Community

Newbie Scooter owner/rider

Last post 10-06-2012 01:01 PM by ScooterDiva. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2012 07:55 PM

Newbie Scooter owner/rider

I have loved scooters for years and finally decided that this was the year that I would stop looking and start riding. I am big on researching and looked at a few stores, Ace in Joondalup was my final decision for a store. That was easy enough...the next step was finding a scooter for me, I put a deposit down on a second hand Aprilia Mojito...BUT soon changed my mind when my riding instructor put me on the Piaggio Fly 150.

I am now the proud owner of a brand new blue Fly 150...and all is grand except of course now I am wondering what I can do to improve it even more?

I have "Effy" booked in for audible indicators but want more...no idea what but am open to suggestions

Blue 2012 Piaggio Fly 150 (1500k/2months). Blue 2011 Vespa GTS 250ie (bought preloved at 5000k)

Secretary of Vespa Riders of Perth (group)
    Happily working at Ace Scooters
  • 09-17-2012 08:05 PM In reply to

Re: Newbie Scooter owner/rider

Welcome ScooterDiva how about a aftermarket exhaust for a nicer sound next then some vinyl graphics's for the body should do for starters . After that a tweaking of the transmission to suite your requirements when you have gained some riding experience Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-17-2012 08:24 PM In reply to

Hi Scooter Diva, welcome!

Where abouts in Perth are you? I'm south of river, not too far from Fremantle.

I have got to say that you've found your way through the progress from "good enough" to "want more" far quicker than most! What you REALLY need & want is a Vespa GTS250ie! It's the bees knees & a WORLD of diffence from the 150cc class. Just watch out for whiplash. Wink

What colour is your Fly? Is there a screen for the Fly? I can't remember if mine had one or not. Umm, really if you want mods and bling then you want a Vespa. Big Smile

Come fly with us at Perth Sunset Coast Scooter Club sometime, Perth has some GORGEOUS riding roads. Enjoyable riding, lovely scenery & good company & coffee. What more could you ask from? Apart from a Vespa that is. LOL

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 09-17-2012 10:20 PM In reply to

• Jax
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-23-2008
    • Sydney
    • Posts 3,129

You need a Kick@rse Horn.

Need scooter parking? www.mcnetwork.com.au on the web or on your iPhone or Android phone
    MCNetwork - using Google maps to plot every parking spot, every dealer, every shop - linked to every product for your scooter.

• 09-17-2012 10:35 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Welcome ScooterDiva how about a aftermarket exhaust for a nicer sound next then some vinyl graphics's for the body should do for starters . After that a tweaking of the transmission to suite your requirements when you have gained some riding experience Big Smile

now when you say nicer...you mean louder right? The graphics for sure...I just need to decide what I want on the blue paint.

"tweaking"...ummm yup I am already planning an upgrade to 190cc for my Birthday next year...am I wicked?

Blue 2012 Piaggio Fly 150 (1500k/2months). Blue 2011 Vespa GTS 250ie (bought preloved at 5000k)

• 09-17-2012 10:41 PM In reply to

Scooternut:

Hi Scooter Diva, welcome!

Where abouts in Perth are you? I'm south of river, not too far from Fremantle.

I have got to say that you've found your way through the progress from "good enough" to "want more" far quicker than most! What you REALLY need & want is a Vespa GTS250ie! It's the bees knees & a WORLD of diffence from the 150cc class. Just watch out for whiplash. Wink

What colour is your Fly? Is there a screen for the Fly? I can't remember if mine had one or not. Umm, really if you want mods and bling then you want a Vespa. Big Smile

Come fly with us at Perth Sunset Coast Scooter Club sometime, Perth has some GORGEOUS riding roads. Enjoyable riding, lovely scenery & good company & coffee. What more could you ask from? Apart from a Vespa that is. LOL

I'm north of the river in Balga.

As much as the Vespa is my dream machine...it will have to wait for now :)

My fly is blue...not sure about screens.

I am hoping to join in on lots of rides in the near future...my instructor has me booked in for my rider test next Wednesday!

• 09-17-2012 10:43 PM In reply to

Jax:

You need a Kick@rse Horn.

how about airhorns blasting the Dukes of Hazard?

• 09-17-2012 11:21 PM In reply to

Great! Best of luck with the test. Make sure you look up, do all the head checks, relax & smile. The test is just an enjoyable ride iwth another who loves to ride. Please let us know how you go on the test :)

Wanda
    Today 50 (2,500km), Montego. Fly (2,500km), Le Grande (7,000km), Vespa PX (200km), Vespa GTS250ie (46,000km), now looking at the world through Ruby coloured glasses on a Vespa GTV300ie Vie Della Moda.
  • 09-17-2012 11:38 PM In reply to

Scooternut:

Great! Best of luck with the test. Make sure you look up, do all the head checks, relax & smile. The test is just an enjoyable ride iwth another who loves to ride. Please let us know how you go on the test :)

Thanks, that is a brilliant way to think of it. At the moment I am more excited than nervous Big Smile

• 09-18-2012 12:35 AM In reply to

Sorry musical air horns are illegal on new vehicles Sad

These horns are loud cheap and usually a straight swap for the original http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/410Hz-Single-Electric-Horn-12-volt-Car-MotorBike-Bike-Stebel-Italy-Red-Black-/120858179656?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c23b57848

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-18-2012 09:37 PM In reply to

I nearly forgot! While you're on your joy ride tomorrow don't forget to look around & admire the view. This will help you relax but also the examiner will think you're doing more headchecks. Wink

You have more than likely already been told, but you need to actually move your head, not just your eyes, when you're doing headchecks or admiring the view. Just don't let eye candy distract you from the ride ok?

Wanda
  • 09-19-2012 12:40 AM In reply to

Scooternut:

I nearly forgot! While you're on your joy ride tomorrow don't forget to look around & admire the view. This will help you relax but also the examiner will think you're doing more headchecks. Wink

You have more than likely already been told, but you need to actually move your head, not just your eyes, when you're doing headchecks or admiring the view. Just don't let eye candy distract you from the ride ok?

Devil Some eye candy for scooternut Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileIck!

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-19-2012 12:59 AM In reply to

pyrah:

Sorry musical air horns are illegal on new vehicles Sad

These horns are loud cheap and usually a straight swap for the original http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/410Hz-Single-Electric-Horn-12-volt-Car-MotorBike-Bike-Stebel-Italy-Red-Black-/120858179656?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c23b57848

damn! I would totally have loved the Benny Hill theme as my horn sound Wink

• 09-19-2012 01:02 AM In reply to

Scooternut:

thanks for the advice...tomorrow is my last lesson before my test next week, my instructor is following me to make sure I am being a good rider...or as good as I can be

• 09-19-2012 01:04 AM In reply to

pyrah:

Scooternut:

Devil Some eye candy for scooternut Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileIck!

well I used to love Vespa...now I get this nauseas feeling...hmmm wonder why??? thanks for sharing Pyrah...sick freak Ick!

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au