Scooter
Community

Yamaha Tmax vbelt change (2005 model)

Last post 01-26-2019 12:11 PM by jpfvita. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2012 07:26 AM

Yamaha Tmax vbelt change (2005 model)

Hi Guys

Having a major issue with yamaha tmax vbelt change. I went to change the belt following the guides I found online (I have done a few belt chnges on other bike in the past). I started the job and then got pulled away to another job which meant I had to leave the bike sitting as is for 2 weeks, I come back to finish the belt change put it all back together and it fires up but....... I was doing a test drive all seems fine then it just cuts out. I bring it home in the back of my van and investigate, the nut which holds the variator and bits on the shaft had come off!!! Now this is where it gets strange dont ask me how but the spacer with two o rings went missing in the two weeks I had it sitting there (dont ask me how) I didnt realise and put it back on without the spacer.

http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?modelID=11923&PageiD=16&m=YAMAHA+XP500+TMAX+CLUTCH+2&uID=0

I just ordered parts 10 and 11 from theses guys.

Q.  I was following this guys guide on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZRmB1xWUo&list=UUv9UwC1sWMxC68gzQcOTb5A&index=3&feature=plcp

When he goes to put on his spacer on the variator shaft he also puts on a nut, is there another nut which goes on outside the crankcase cover on the variator shaft??

Also the nut which he uses to tighten the variator shaft seems to fit through the crankcase cover, on mine it only allowes for the shaft to pass through and then it looks like you put on the nut on the outside, after the spacer is there a nut then case cover then another nut??

This job is starting to turn into a nightmare, any assitance would be greatly appricated.

• 10-17-2012 01:27 PM In reply to

Re: Yamaha Tmax vbelt change (2005 model)

no specific advice, but take your time, study the manual and look carefully.

Just did some major work to my 2001 and found the manual had some errors. I just did alternator stator and forks, but did belt about 2 months ago.

post specific questions and will attempt to offer something useful

• 01-26-2019 12:11 PM In reply to

Re: Yamaha Tmax vbelt change (2005 model)

The V belt light has just come on  my 2002 tmax  so I think I'll be going to the shop I've been told can all be done in three hrs 🤔🤔🤔 but the video I watched has put me right off 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au