Scooter
Community

NEW VS USED - USED 2009 Vespa GTS250ie $4,500 or NEW TGB Bellavita 300i $6,000

Last post 06-12-2013 01:51 PM by martindemo. 74 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2013 11:40 PM In reply to

• bradr
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • Nowra NSW
    • Posts 2,036

Re: NEW VS USED - USED 2009 Vespa GTS250ie $4,500 or NEW TGB Bellavita 300i $6,000

I would take you're $4500 , 10000km Vespa over the TGB any day , i'm affraid i was not impressed with the Bellavita after looking closely at one at the last scooter expo , they are a very cheap n nasty creation i think , as far as the Vespa goes , if i bought it i would spend $175 tops at an upholsterer getting the seat re covered , depending on who you got to do the bodywork i reckon $800 or so &one would have a pretty decent scooter which in my opinion would be a sounder investment than the new Bellavita .

Red ones always go faster but blue ones go pretty quick , but now blue ones are the way to go😄
  • 03-07-2013 10:12 AM In reply to

Re: NEW VS USED - USED 2009 Vespa GTS250ie $4,500 or NEW TGB Bellavita 300i $6,000

letsscooter:
    I ... felt there was a place for a shop that catered for newbies (although we get quite a few oldies who love our no fuss, no bull, upfront approach). 

Your approach is great .. especially the learner lessons.  You've made a real point of difference for entry level scootering.  Hats off!  I hope your venture does well.

.. that said, there really isn't a Vespa / clone crossover point based on price (as you ask), except among buyers motivated by price alone.  You'll find Vespisti don't find the premium problematic - after, it isn't much in absolute terms - and the choice between the metal of a Vespa and the plastic of a clone simply isn't a choice at all. (and the froth on the mouths of Vespa-haters is even less relevant to any actual buying decision)  Cachet and history are prefectly valid reasons to pay a premium - the best advice is not to mess with that ..

FWIW, the Bellavita's 'thing' is it's a slavish clone, so it looses points for style.  Compare it to, say, the Kymco Like, which fuses design elements of classic Vespa and Lambretta into something that's retro, quirky, and wholly its own.  But I'm not a TGB buyer, so my opinion is merely hot air!

My real question to you guys is - why Sachs?  TGB and Daelim are solid budget brands, Sachs has had serious quality issues as well as misrepresenting crap scoots as somehow european (perhaps equally ethics-free as torino) ... I know there were reasonable Sachs scoots, but the Sachs stuff on the market now looks and rides like the rubbish it is. Given how much postiv effort you're putting into the business, I'd have thoght sachs was a reputation risk .. but just my 2 cents, and worth what you paid for it!

Sydney / Vespa PX150 & GTS250ie / BMW R1200R
  • 03-07-2013 08:21 PM In reply to

• iky
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-02-2012
    • Sydney
    • Posts 54

letsscooter:

Hi Iky, There was no mention on bikesales about it being a sale through a dealer. How was this deduced? Cheers, Ilja

Hi - I was looking on bikesales prior to the forum and just merged the two posts together in my head - hence my statement - which is wrong so please accept my apologies.

I think the price was a bargain!!  Low km's, small damage and I think the buyer is lucky to pick up a good Vespa (not to mention a great colour). My opinion is that you could have asked for more and you most likely would have got it.

It is all about VESPA!
    Started with a Orange Vespa S125ie.
    Then a Yellow Vespa GTS 250ie.
    Followed by a Arancio Competizione (Orange) Vespa GTS 300 i.e SS Special Edition.
    Now a GTV 300 Via Montenapoleone
  • 03-07-2013 09:25 PM In reply to

• Enfield
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-17-2012
    • Can-bore-a
    • Posts 46

All this talk really makes me want a GTS 250ie now.

• 03-08-2013 06:31 AM In reply to

• jrevis
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2009
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 387

Enfield:

All this talk really makes me want a GTS 250ie now.

A couple of reasonably priced 250's on Bikesales in Qld at the moment.

A vintage red one for $5000 and a black for $4690 ,both with low kays.

The vintage red has been on for a while too.

PX200
    BMW g650gs
  • 03-08-2013 11:05 AM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

There's also a couple in Vic around $5000

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-08-2013 11:46 AM In reply to

Caroanbill:

My real question to you guys is - why Sachs?  TGB and Daelim are solid budget brands, Sachs has had serious quality issues as well as misrepresenting crap scoots as somehow european (perhaps equally ethics-free as torino) ... I know there were reasonable Sachs scoots, but the Sachs stuff on the market now looks and rides like the rubbish it is. Given how much postiv effort you're putting into the business, I'd have thoght sachs was a reputation risk .. but just my 2 cents, and worth what you paid for it!

We don't actually stock any Sachs bikes at all, but we do service the Sachs Madass, which a few of our customers have and the Sachs Amici, which, for the uninitiated, has been reincarnated into the Daelim Besbi. Mojo Motorcycles are the importers and distributers for Sachs, Daelim, TGB and CFMoto, so as the Mojo dealer for the Northern Beaches NSW, we have access to the bikes & scooters, parts and accessories of all of these bikes. We may not sell any Sachs bikes (not much demand with the Sachs brand slowly leaving the market), but we do service and repair existing bikes.

The real reason why I promote that I am a Sachs dealer is that a lot of new riders love the size and look of the Sachs Amici but aren't aware yet that the Daelim Besbi is actually the Sachs Amici reincarnated. I get a lot of enquiries for the Sachs Amici/Daelim Besbi which is a great entry level bike, affordable and supported by a great company, so people can be assured of parts availability long after the next fashionable scooter style enters the market. New riders don't consider this as part of their buying consideration, but definitely should. I have encountered quite a few repair jobs where parts availability was poor or non existent. I won't name names, but what's the point of a 5 year warranty when 1/ the warranty is void as soon as you sell the bike and 2/ you need to wait months for parts, or parts are simply no longer made/ available. 

Lets Scooter
    Sydneys No. 1 shop for new scooter riders
    TGB | Daelim | CFMoto | Sachs
    10 West Street | Brookvale NSW 2100
  • 03-08-2013 01:23 PM In reply to

• Enfield
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-17-2012
    • Can-bore-a
    • Posts 46

I have been looking at these.  Hopefully getting some more detailed photos on the scooters but unfortuantely I don't know anyone in Brisbane to take a look for me.

Also I'd have to find transport, although I imagine it won't be too hard to get some recommendations for companies to use.

• 03-08-2013 03:56 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

letsscooter:
    some sales people made me feel stupid when I asked questions, so I didn't ask them. I wasn't alone either....I've had loads of people tell me their experience of buying their first bike was an unpleasant one. To me, the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask and I never make anyone feel like they don't belong because they don't know something about riding.
     I was down at Lets Scooter yesterday coz  Id managed to convince a bloke from work that the Yellow GTS that IIja was offering sounded like a good deal and to my surprise he bought it sight unseen. He'd only just got his L's and was nervous about riding it home to Bankstown so I offered to be the courier.

Firstly I have to say how impressed I was with Lets Scooter. Ilja has excellent relationship skills with customers especially new riders and this  is where she is cutting her niche. She has Daelim's TGB's and a few chinese scoots on the floor as well as the old sach amici rebadged as Daelim. She has a passion for getting people out of cars and onto two wheels and her whole business is geared towards first timers. 

After the paperwork was done we went out to West Head to give him his first run on his new scoot hoping the hell he wouldn't drop it. With that "Ive got a new scooter" grin and my boots, gloves, jacket and helmet he was aboard and riding. 25ks later he was still grinning and both of us realised with relief that he had done the right thing. He's just got to tell his wife now. I then rode the scooter home and into work today so I had a good chance to give it a fang. The scoot is in great working order, new sava on the rear, new belt and rollers and just had its 10,000k service. the scratch on the side is only on the plastic and isn't a problem. The new rollers rattle away in idle and I had a time convincing him that it wasn't piston slap but Italian character but Im figuring he'll be getting sliders soon. With newbies you have to be hard on them to wear the right gear, he was ready to ride in a singlet and thongs and Im just hoping that the angels are looking after him enough to survive the first 3 months.

So thanks Ilja, you've done us a great deal and at this stage everyone is happy. I hope the good Karma comes back to you. It was a pleasure doing business with you. I'd have no difficulty recommending Lets Scooter to anyone getting their first scoot, especially since you have the Daelim  S1 in stock. Your time and generosity are something that is often rare  when one is venturing out on the big adventure.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-08-2013 05:38 PM In reply to

MY!! What a great looking scooter!!! Big Smile And what a happy bloke he is! Chuckle. That was very good value, that scooter. I saw it advertised and it was an even better deal than mine. So now we have 3 yellow Vespas! We need to get together for a ride just so we can watch the expressions on the bystanders' faces!

Now Pete.....

petegailey:
    He'd only just got his L's and was nervous about riding it home to Bankstown so I offered to be the courier.
    . Oh, how good of you! It must've been hard to convince yourself to do that for him. Wink

And then.....

petegailey:
    I then rode the scooter home and into work today so I had a good chance to give it a fang.
    . You are such a great mate to have! Fancy going out of your way like that for a friend! Smile

I hope he really enjoys his new toy.... while being totally ATGATT!!

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 03-08-2013 05:46 PM In reply to

....hmmm couldn't see his L plate....musta blown off...Big Smile

....lets have another drink...
  • 03-08-2013 06:29 PM In reply to

oldscoot:

Devil Why does clone Pete need L plates ? Big Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-08-2013 06:38 PM In reply to

Devil Found something in common with TGB & Vespa in South Australia both have 2 dealer & both in Adelaide . Not much use if you live elsewhere and require warranty work . 

DevilDevil SYM that decided to advertise there wares on this thread have 50% less dealers in SA than the above 2

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile  

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 03-09-2013 10:40 AM In reply to

matching set of bookendsBig Smile

argentum melle
  • 03-09-2013 06:55 PM In reply to

pyrah:

oldscoot:

Devil Why does clone Pete need L plates ? Big Smile

....wasn't that Pete's friend riding off into the distance?

....lets have another drink...
Page 3 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au