Scooter
Community

Taking the plunge

Last post 03-10-2013 07:36 PM by danceswithdingoes. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2013 03:55 PM

Taking the plunge

Well, after months of deep pondering, I've finally taken the plunge. I pick up my 2010 Burgman AN400 ABS in a day or so. It's travelled less than 3,000kms and has some minor cosmetic blemishes. But it is white - the colour for which I had my eye out - and at $6990 ride away, freshly serviced and with six months registration I'm happy with the deal. 

I realise that I could have picked ap a new Maxsym 400 with an excellent warranty and better rego for $1000 extra, but by the time you add a top box and rack that begins to blow out. More importantly I met a dealer whose sales team offered good service, respect for the customer and dignity. These days I think it's hard to put a value on good service, respect and dignity. For me that's what really made the difference.

I'll be interested to see how it compares with the Piaggio X9 250 which is the only other scooter that I've owned. I found it superb around the inner suburbs of Sydney and cruising the countryside, but wanting somewhat on the expressway. 

Best wishes, Russell 

• 03-06-2013 06:06 PM In reply to

Re: Taking the plunge

So, ............... You have taken the plunge.

Come on in, the water is fine.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

You're as bad as me, you used to be so much better, that makes you worse.

Red Gilera Fuoco 500ie
  • 03-06-2013 10:59 PM In reply to

Good luck with the new scoot Russell. It takes a while to come to a decision at times.I'm currently in that situation. Very nearly went for the Majesty. Been talking to the local yamaha dealer over the last couple of days that has a special on that turned out not to be so special so I'll go in another direction. About to run into car rego so will be holding off to put space between the two. Like you I can't wait to get a scoot under me and enjoy two wheel transport.

Enjoy carving up the road with the new ride!

Mick Evans.

• 03-08-2013 02:19 PM In reply to

• Elmaco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-24-2012
    • Posts 9

Well done for joining the Burger Brigade. i have a 650 Burger and my wife has the 250 and cannot fault them. There is something special about the Burgers

2006 Burgman 650- heated grips, Givi top box and screen, Leo Vince exhaust
    2002 Peugeot Speedfight 100 WRC
  • 03-10-2013 07:36 PM In reply to

Just remember to give it some stick when accelerating from a standing start or the clutch will soon glaze up.

Slow Down & Enjoy The Ride
    2012 Kawasaki W800
    Go the Retro
    Looking for another BeeWee :)
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au