Queensland Learners Scooter Licence

Last post 09-12-2013 01:40 PM by adamn. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-04-2013 07:21 PM

    • t2bitha
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2008
    • Brisbane Suburbs
    • Posts 508

    Queensland Learners Scooter Licence

    my younger neice queried today about getting a scooter licence.  She has just gotten her learners permit for car.  Is it right that she has to get her car licence P for at least 12months?   Can she apply for a motobike learners now?  I want her to be on at least a 125cc. 

    35 000 scooting kms and beyond
  • 09-11-2013 05:37 PM In reply to

    Re: Queensland Learners Scooter Licence

    12 Months I think. 

    I am moving from NSW to QLD and looked at the Govt site and it is harder to work out that Chinese algebra. I want to get a licence for a scooter (don't have one) and I think all I need to do is transfer my NSW licence to QLD, get my L's and then I can go QRide and be on my P's. Not sure after that. Couldn't work it out.



  • 09-12-2013 01:40 PM In reply to

    • adamn
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-02-2012
    • Gold Coast
    • Posts 10

    Re: Queensland Learners Scooter Licence

    If you already have an open QLD car licence then all you need to do is apply for your L's, do the QRide course and assuming you pass you will get your open RE licence. You can choose to do the QRide on a motorcycle or scooter. If you choose scooter then an "A" will appear on your licence to indicate that you are only licenced to ride scooters. 12 months later you can go back and do the same QRide course to get your unrestricted R licence (this has to be on a motorcycle though).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)