Scooter
Community

Honda Forza excessive engine vibration

Last post 07-25-2013 08:54 PM by allen. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2013 05:29 PM

Honda Forza excessive engine vibration

Hi, I just bought a 2007 Honda Forza with 25000km on the clock. On the first couple of rides there was a mild vibration which was more than my old Forza with 86000km on it but was within reason. Since then over 100km of riding it has been getting worse and now it is uncomfortable to ride at any speed, the vibration is so bad. It feels like the engine is seriously out of balance and might damage itself if I continue riding.

Power and acceleration is fine. Handling is also good. The rear wheel doesnt have any side to side play in it. I am guessing it is somewhere in the drivetrain. 

The shop in Sydney that I bought it from wants me to get someone in Newcastle, where I live, to have a look at it and see if it is something simple to fix before they send a truck up to fetch it and fix it. I hope to avoid that if I can.

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Robert

• 07-25-2013 07:45 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Re: Honda Forza excessive engine vibration

I would be checking the engine, transmission mounts on the back of the frame. Very unlike the Forza to have any issues, normally bulletproof.

Hard to diagnose over here but I'd be thinking the engine is OK given what you are saying. You are also saying acceleration is fine also. What about the front wheel, the rear wheel, these are not damaged?

Needs to get on a hoist and some panels removed.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 07-25-2013 05:39 PM In reply to

Thanks for responding Allan. I took the belt cover off to have a look. The clutch bell is burnt blue and the pads sound like they are scraping but not engaging the wheel at idle. When revved the clutch engages as it should but the scraping sounds louder as it disengages. It is also jerky at around 40 going through school zones. I suspect my problem is in there. I hope it is anyhow.The shop says they are going to get it fixed somehow so I am happy.

Robert

• 07-25-2013 08:54 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Fantastic - lets hope that's all it is. Easy fix if so.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au