Scooter
Community

Honda Today 49cc been sitting for a year and now cannot start it , what advice?

Last post 10-11-2013 08:08 PM by pyrah. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2013 09:40 PM

Honda Today 49cc been sitting for a year and now cannot start it , what advice?

Hello out there,

My scooter has been sitting in the shed for a long time and the battery died. I jump started it with a car batttery but cannot get it to run. Sometimes it sounds like it just fires up but does not run.

Should i spray carbi cleaner somewhere? Should I find the carbi and clean it?

Where is the carbi found ? I did manage to locate the spark plug under the small panel.

• 08-05-2013 01:02 AM In reply to

Re: Honda Today 49cc been sitting for a year and now cannot start it , what advice?

More than likely the carb will be gummed up requiring a strip and clean . From your post sounds like you need to find a on-line workshop manual for the scooter 

• 08-05-2013 05:04 AM In reply to

Re: Honda Today 49cc been sitting for a year and now cannot start it , what advice?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think a workshop manual would help a lot . I have searched on the net but have only come up with the basic Honda NVS Today manual which is very basic.

• 10-11-2013 05:31 PM In reply to

I need a carbi for mine :-( where would I find one 

• 10-11-2013 08:08 PM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au