Scooter
Community

a close call and some decisions to make

Last post 11-03-2013 10:27 PM by john felton. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2013 03:44 PM In reply to

Re: a close call and some decisions to make

yeah commentary driving is something that works well. I remember on my final test which was RTA impart knowledge exit test a 2 hour test part of it was a commentary drive of a least 15 mins. So of course these things were used constantly while teaching a student.

Regards hatrick

hatrick
  • 09-10-2013 04:41 PM In reply to

The dealers are pushed by the manufacturer agents to sell the smaller scooters (50 to 150cc)and that would be fine if we all lived in Italy or some other small country .I know of one dealer who wouldnt take on  a very well known brand because of their conditions

The dealers also know that you will be back within 12 months to buy something bigger ,that is unless you live in Bondi and only ride to the beach

Thankfully you came out of an nasty situation without damaging yourself

Any logical thinking new scooter owner here in Australia would be reckless to not buy a scooter of at least 250cc capacity (besides it may only cost an extra hundred or 2 )

Our Central Coast Scooter club has  had many enquires as to what to buy and we now have a recommendation list on our website (compiled by our members ) on what to look for in chosing a scooter

Safe riding and best of luck  

riding for fun
  • 09-10-2013 05:24 PM In reply to

I was just watching the news and it seems you aren't alone with your close call. Apparently Gwynneth Paltrow made an equal mistake, pulling out, from the kerb, in front of a school bus! Had her daughter as pillion, too, so you would've thought she might be pretty cautious with her head checks.

Put it down to experience, be grateful you came off OK, and learn the lesson. It's just another of life's lessons, which you can learn from, or face the consequences. You can do it!!! Smile

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 09-10-2013 07:47 PM In reply to

I've seen the footage of Gwyneth Paltrow (and Chris Martin, on matching Vespas) She was a totally arrogant cow.

hatrick, I admit that open road would be easier on a 250cc+ machine, but I'm quite reasonable about acknowledging that I'm a slow machine on a fast road. What would you suggest caravans do, as they are usally taught to tow at 90 Km/h?

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 09-10-2013 09:38 PM In reply to

wombat:

I've seen the footage of Gwyneth Paltrow (and Chris Martin, on matching Vespas) She was a totally arrogant cow.

hatrick, I admit that open road would be easier on a 250cc+ machine, but I'm quite reasonable about acknowledging that I'm a slow machine on a fast road. What would you suggest caravans do, as they are usally taught to tow at 90 Km/h?

Yep caravans especially in convoy & wide loads on trucks are much harder to get around than any slow two wheeler whether powered or not

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-10-2013 09:38 PM In reply to

Wombat, who's Chris Martin?

Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive.

2011 - Pearly White Kymco Like 125cc
    2012 - Giallo Lime (yellow) Vespa GTS 250ie
    2016 - Shine Red, Aprilia Scarabeo 200ie
  • 09-10-2013 09:46 PM In reply to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP4e9J2YSBU

Thought i better find the film clip nice to see the quality gear they wear on there Vespa's even answers Lizzie's question Hmm

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-11-2013 07:28 AM In reply to

Chris Martin is the singer from a band called Coldplay. More relevant to the story, the husband of aforementioned Audrey Hepburn wannabe temporary American Paltrow and father to at least one of the kids riding pillion on poseur-spec Vespas.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 09-11-2013 08:46 AM In reply to

wombat:
    on poseur-spec Vespas.

Is there any other kind? :)

Speaking of pulling out, nobody is perfect. I remember in one MotoGP race a guy pulling out of his pit without performing head check and nearly getting collected by another bike coming into pit lane...

• 09-11-2013 01:03 PM In reply to

ferrix:

wombat:
    on poseur-spec Vespas.

Them fighting words... ha ha.  Not with me as I dont ride one.  

I watched a guy on a 50cc pull out into traffic the other day.  The smallest of gaps I wouldnt have even thought about going into and off he goes.  Just watched as all the brake lights lit up behind him.  When someone beeped him he put his arms up in a questioning manner.....  Wonder if he would have questioned them ploughing into the back of him. 

I wonder what Chris Martin was thinking as he pulled out behind her.  Was it geez what a twat bus driver.... or a wow I almost watched my wife and child become a bonnet ornaments on a school bus.    I find it funny that she then covers her face when she stops and the camera comes round the front.

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 09-11-2013 03:17 PM In reply to

ferrix:

wombat:
    on poseur-spec Vespas.

Speaking of pulling out, nobody is perfect. I remember in one MotoGP race a guy pulling out of his pit without performing head check and nearly getting collected by another bike coming into pit lane...

wombat:
    on poseur-spec Vespas.

Devil Come off it you cant mean that not all of them i would put the figure at a more conservative paltry 99.9 % of them at the most AngelBig Smile

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 09-11-2013 04:17 PM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

Lizziecro:

Never mind the bloke, who is this Gwyneth Paltrow?

Warning: Posting may contain traces of sarcasm and/or nuts.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 09-11-2013 04:37 PM In reply to

CrazyCam:

Lizziecro:

She's the heavy set lass from the movie Shallow Hal. Devil

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 09-11-2013 04:50 PM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

HB-Zip50:

CrazyCam:

She's the heavy set lass from the movie Shallow Hal. Devil

In that case the bus driver was very lucky indeed not to hit her.

Warning: Posting may contain traces of sarcasm and/or nuts.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 09-30-2013 11:07 PM In reply to

Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au