Scooter
Community

I just fell In love with a Honda Helix.

Last post 06-22-2017 09:38 PM by aspro boy. 24 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2013 05:41 PM In reply to

Re: I just fell In love with a Honda.

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
  • 10-06-2013 07:43 PM In reply to

I called the guy, he sold it months ago....dude.....

Bugger, it looked a lot like a Helix.

The quest continues, even for another bike that has that retro look.

thanks for the heads up about that bike  !

If anyone sees a classic weirdo scooter for sale in Australia let me know if possible, thanks.

• 10-06-2013 07:56 PM In reply to

No problem.  Shame the Ad was still up.  Oh well, the search continues. Wink

Kymco Xciting 500Ri ( About to sell )
  • 10-06-2013 08:03 PM In reply to

I'm very grateful for the information, it could have been the start of something great. I'm on a Honda Scoopy 50cc at the moment, its good to ride,great for reliability, but it's not suitable to take out of suburban streets, it's got a top speed of 50 and that's going downhill with a following breeze !

• 06-20-2017 09:45 PM In reply to

I'm STILL on the hunt for a Helix in Sydney.

I bought a great Italjet 180 cc that's was like lightening fast and a bit scary due to its lack of contact with the Tarmac at speed.

And more recently I bought a 1982 Honda Lead 2-stroke that a big chunky but very reliable girl that get me around town.

Has anyone bored of their incredible Helix machine and looking to sell it into a good home ?

• 06-21-2017 06:25 PM In reply to

I have only ever sighted one Helix. This was whilst riding my little Cannondale Hooligan in the back lane behind the shops that front Campbell Pde Bondi only several months ago. If I find myself down there again soon I will investigate. It is not a scooter easily confused with any other. What a conversation starter.

• 06-21-2017 07:41 PM In reply to

I saw my first one in traffic and I stalked the guy for a few kms until I caught up. It was modded and looked like a flying upholstered lounge.

When I find a decent one I'll definitely share it here, but if you know of one for sale please let me know.

Thanks, Brett.

• 06-22-2017 10:54 AM In reply to

Re: I just fell In love with a Honda Helix.

Yes, the Helix  is truly hideous...BUT strangely attractive....all those 80's angles!

Some of the customs look great.

And you wouldn't settle for a Spacey? there's a few around

Aprilia 200ie
  • 06-22-2017 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: I just fell In love with a Honda Helix.

I know Martin, the Helix is both repugnant to the eye and yet strangely alluring at the same time...

I had a look at a few Spaceys but they were a bit hammered. 

I got an 82' Honda Lead with 1000kms on the clock recently and it's great but I've moved jobs and need a bigger engine.

If there was a decent condition Spacey I would snap it up while waiting for that Helix to appear.

Know anyone with a good Spacey for sale ?

I got cash. 😀😀

• 06-22-2017 09:38 PM In reply to

The Honda Ch 250 Spacy was my first scooter. It wasn't new, but had very low ks. It was a bargain. I stopped using with any frequency my BMW Roadster motorbike when the Spacy came along. Just loved the fun element, the great motor and fluid drive. Then purchased a new Yammy YP 250 Majesty at a great price. Ran the two scooters side by side, but for different applications. Said goodbye to the BMW, which I was never going to sell, and ran the Majesty down the coast on B roads, with the Spacy used for urban duties. The thing with these two scooters is that they would have both been produced in Japan, I believe, with their quality and reliability offering great pleasure.

I do see the odd rare Spacy doing its stuff, but you could only really consider it for town duties. They do look funky. They looked funky back then. A real little Q Ship at the traffic lights. The Majesty is a more common beast comparatively, but some of them now have big mileage. I was comfortable on the M out of town.

The little Dio is my 10th Honda. I find it difficult to move away from Japanese quality and reliability, particularly after my Aprilia experience.

Yep, you can now purchase reasonably from an array of capable small capacity motorbikes, motorbikes that can make some scooters appear as expensive. But scooters have their own appeal, as I discovered, for which unfortuneately you pay a premium. I just wish we had more great scoots under 300cc from which to make choices.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au