Scooter
Community

The "UN" Official Derbi GP1 Thread

Last post 03-06-2016 03:41 PM by lead runner. 56 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2015 10:27 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 48

Re: The "UN" Official Derbi GP1 Thread : Brake Pads

Hi LR,

Sorry I didn't see your pm/email till now.

gpsimports.com.au .  Search part # FD.0380 is the front Newfren pads, but I didn't see anything from them if you do the make & model search on GPS for rear brake pads.  It shows many pads, & I think none of them are an exact fit.  HOWEVER.....

If you search part # FD.0323 on the GPS site it will show the rear pads you need.  I've been using these Newfren ones with no probs.

www.metalgear.com.au sell rears, part # 30.146 .  on page http://metalgear.com.au/view_model_details.php?model_id=2144  Searching out the fronts is tricky as there's no pic with pad dimensions.  Be very careful if taking a punt on something that's seemingly the correct fit.

Example:  I've got GoldFren ceramic carbon rear pads, part # 211.  Appears exactly the same as originals.  The GoldFren fronts (part # 233) I got appear the same, but are a wee bit different, & will have to dremel them out a bit to make them fit = risky business, mucking around with brakes like that ! Stick out tongue   Yet to try them.  Think I got the GoldFrens from overseas.

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

I check the SC when possible: please, no pm's or emails :)
  • 01-11-2015 06:54 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 48

I found the link for the GoldFren fronts.

https://www.1motoshop.com/motorcycle-atv-brake-pads/526-goldfren-brake-pads-233ad.html

GOLDfren Brake Pads 233AD

This brake pad in AD sintered compound is optimal for a wide range of applications including street bikes. This is a perfect OE replacement. It is recommended for riders that do not ride really hard, but do want the good stopping power of a sintered brake pad when necessary.  $24.99

From GPSImports..........Newfren FD.0380 BR Organic Front Brake Pads for AJP callipers fitted to Blata Enduro, Motard 125 '07+, Derbi GPR 125 '04+, GP1 250, Metrakit Pre-GP 125, Peugeot XR 7 50 '08+, Reiju Tango 125 '06-'08, RMU GP8. @$37.85

From GPSImports........Newfren FD.0380 S2 Sintered Front Brake Pads for AJP callipers fitted to Blata Enduro, Motard 125 '07+, Derbi GPR 125 '04+, GP1 250, Metrakit Pre-GP 125, Peugeot XR 7 50 '08+, Reiju Tango 125 '06-'08, RMU GP8 @ $62.50

Main difference is the securing hole.

GoldFren rears  https://www.1motoshop.com/motorcycle-atv-brake-pads/476-goldfren-brake-pads-211ad.html

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

Filed under:
  • 03-06-2015 11:55 AM In reply to

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with this speedo problem on my GP1? I've pulled it apart and cleaned it to the best of my ability however it continues to read out speradically, eg it just jumps up and down and is unreadable?

is it a matter of replacing the cable?

cheers chris.

Roadracerchris
  • 03-08-2015 10:26 AM In reply to

could be a broken speedo cable. a break inside the outer casing.

argentum melle
  • 03-08-2015 03:07 PM In reply to

silverflyer:

could be a broken speedo cable. a break inside the outer casing.

+1 Yes

• 03-09-2015 06:41 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 48

Re: The "UN" Official Derbi GP1 Thread : Speedo Cable

Hi Chris,

I guess you mean that it fails to display the correct speed, & your bike is a last version of the GP1?  

I'll follow this up  when poss with a pic of how I've done mine.  I put some protective sleeve on it at a place where it could chafe.  I've also re-routed the cable slighty, & secured it differently to reduce flexing of the electrical cable.  

I got mine from GPS Imports.

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

• 03-09-2015 08:01 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 48

Here's how I've routed the speedo cable.  Removed original chrome clip from mudguard, & made a more open cable tie version.

Fitted some tubing as a protective sleeve for the cable.

The white cable tie attches to the inner bodywork, & is not binding the speedo cable.....it's loose.  The speedo cable is firmly attached further up at a bundle of elec cables. 

Keeping a smooth flow of cable routing, allow for suspension  & steering travel....minimize bends, & no pinching.

Kind regards,

Mick Smile

• 03-09-2015 08:31 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 48

Re: The "UN" Official Derbi GP1 Thread : Airbox

When I was servicing the airbox I noticed a tear in the filter.  The tear was located to the left of the "M" of Malossi, & corresponds to a gap which I've bridged with a bit of tin bonded in place with epoxy metal.

Also, You can see another bit of tin bonded in place.  This is keeping the plastic straight becaiuse it was warped to a crescent shape, & therefore will not align with opposite half of filter box..

Am I missing something here? Confused  Are yours the same? 

EDIT 10.4.15  The torn part of filter was completely unsupported/unclamped by the airbox, & so the vacuum would try to suck it in.

Kind regards,

Mick 

Filed under:
  • 05-05-2015 12:37 PM In reply to

Hi Mick, just wanted to say thank you. your help has been invaluable.

Roadracerchris
  • 05-05-2015 08:27 PM In reply to

• GP1er
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-03-2013
    • Brisbane
    • Posts 48

Thankyou for your thankyou Yes, & glad to help where possible 

Kind regards

Mick  Smile

• 07-30-2015 08:28 AM In reply to

Been ages since I posted anything on the forum. Still riding most days and still enjoying every km on Doc. Have made One significant change to Doc recently and thought I would add it to the knowledge base here.

Couple months ago the seals started going on my rear shocks. My mechanic happened to have a used set of shocks off a 90s MX bike that would fit. They looked pretty ordinary, but my mechanic said they would be a 1000% improvement on the stock ones. I don't know about 1000%, but the improvement was and is phenomenal! Doc no longer gets flustered in bumpy corners or on poor quality roads --> more confidence in the twisties and more comfort on the commute. The ride got even more fun.

As an added unexpected bonus, the improvement in the rear has somehow made the overall front/rear balance of my scoot so much better, to the point that if my front fork wasn't leaking oil I would consider leaving the front susp as is. When my next service rolls around I will address the front - stiffen the spring a little, heavier oil, new seals. If that doesn't upset the front/rear suspension balance then Doc will finally reach his full potential and be an even bigger grin-inducimg ride than he already is.

Ride safe.
    _________

Riding: Doc, a 2009 Derbi GP1 250
  • 03-06-2016 03:41 PM In reply to

Hey I have an entire frame wiring harness engine/trans front and rear brakes for a GP1 250i 2008 engine is a ripper.

I don't want a lot for it , there is a rear rim and tyre too!

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
Page 4 of 4 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au