Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

scooter or bike

Last post 12-09-2013 02:28 PM by JDAlberta. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2013 05:02 PM

scooter or bike

Hi guys Pyrah do you ride a scooter,bike or both ? Sorry if ive already asked you just cant remember

• 11-23-2013 05:13 PM In reply to

Re: scooter or bike

Me a 2007 Honda CBR125r

gotmypaper.jpg

• 11-23-2013 05:48 PM In reply to

Yep nice bike i imagine it can sit on 100ks preety easy ? Well it looks like it could . Afair few years ago a mate had a yamahaR1 i think thats what it was called only a 250cc but it could do 130kph i think they also came out as a 350cc aswel can you remember those models ? Can anyone ?

• 11-23-2013 10:36 PM In reply to

There was a R1-Z 250 2 cylinder 2 stroke early 90s but i remember the RD 250 & RD 350 best 

• 11-29-2013 08:06 AM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

From about 1983, Yamaha built and sold in Oz, the RZ250 and RZ350.

They were pretty ferocious two-strokes.  

They were sold, under the name RD250/350 LC in other parts of the world.

My RZ250 could do just 160 kph flat out, but it had lower gearing so it accelerated better.

Dunno what the standard gearing gave you.

Warning: Posting may contain traces of sarcasm and/or nuts.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 12-03-2013 08:06 AM In reply to

bikes are great good to have something to grip your knees on. However when your hips go on you like mine its not easy anymore to ride a bike scooters are better for dodgy hips and knees.

hatrick
  • 12-03-2013 10:28 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 845

Scooter because I don't have the strength in my shoulder to ride a bike.

If I could, I'd be back on a bike tomorrow but its not going to happen.

I like all two wheel bikes, its just the extra power of a larger bike is wonderful if you can do it safely. You think "I'd like to be over there" and you are; no waiting, just think and its done.  Speed is good and acceleration makes you feel like a god till a car skittles you then you are grateful it hurts, your alive the ambulance is here, goodbye bike hello 50cc scooter LOL.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
  • 12-03-2013 10:46 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Perth, Western Australia
    • Posts 33

I ride a maxi scooter (TGB X Motion 300). I have had 2 ankle reconstructions in the past year on my left ankle, and can't constantly change gears on a bike without my ankle swelling up and hurting like hell.

i tried riding my nephews new 250 Ninja the other day... After about 5 minutes my ankle gave up and I had to stop and admit defeat. :'(

2013 TGB X-Motion 300i
  • 12-03-2013 11:24 PM In reply to

hi yep i cant use my RIGHT leg not well enough to brake on a bike and thats kinda important so thank goodness for scooters .

• 12-04-2013 05:51 AM In reply to

• awa355
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-20-2013
    • waikato
    • Posts 194

I would like to own another motorbike, but the costs of maintanence, servicing, insurance, the short turnaround of models before they become obsolete etc, just make bikes too expensive for me. 

As others have pointed out, the body starts seizing up somewhat as you get older, and manhandling a 240kg bike out of the garage with knackered hips isn't much fun. 

My next scooter will probably be a new PCX150 Honda next year. I have ridden one and loved it. At 90kph it was so smooth, quiet, light, comfortable and economical. With retirement a couple of years away, a new scooter will see me right for the next ten years or more. 

When I do retire, I hope to take 2 - 3 months and just ride around NZ. A nicely run in 150-200cc scooter will do the job nicely. 

Awa and Buggsy
  • 12-04-2013 04:11 PM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

Dunno.

The dividing line between motorbikes and scooters has been getting more and more blurred as time goes by.

You can get motorbikes with automatic transmissions, you used to be able to get scooters with gears and clutch.

You can get scooters with 16" wheels and motorbikes with 8" wheels.

Look at a Gilera DNA and tell me if that is a scooter or a motorbike.

Look at a Honda DN-01 and tell me which it is.

The BMW C600 scooter is much heavier than my BMW R850R motorbike, but, with the panniers attached, my motorbike has much more lockable storage than the BM scooter.

Where is the divide line today, and, even if you know, does it matter?

I kinda like the Powered Two Wheeler, PTW, business they use in Europe to cover both scoots and motorbikes and anything inbetween.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 12-04-2013 04:26 PM In reply to

• CrazyCam
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2013
    • Beecroft, NSW
    • Posts 211

awa355:

As others have pointed out, the body starts seizing up somewhat as you get older, and manhandling a 240kg bike out of the garage with knackered hips isn't much fun.

Ain't dat da truth!

awa355:

With retirement a couple of years away, a new scooter will see me right for the next ten years or more.

I've been retired for over ten years now.

Recently I bought an object, and the shop offered me an extented warranty business..... three years for $99, and "lifetime" for $249.... they seemed quite offended when I started giggling furiously.   Wink

awa355:

When I do retire, I hope to take 2 - 3 months and just ride around NZ. A nicely run in 150-200cc scooter will do the job nicely. 

Now that sounds like a good plan.

If only the weather was better in NZ, I'd try to sell that idea to my wife.

regards, CrazyCam
  • 12-09-2013 02:28 PM In reply to

I road a Burgman 650 for 4 years and changed up to a Suzuki vl 800 motorcycle and I love the change however

I miss the Scooter at times.  I have two bad knees and hips are not great both ankles have been broken and I am

or will be next month 66 years old. I love the bike and I love the scooter it just depends what turns your fancy at the

time. Lets just tell you this that no matter what the weather is like not all women like bikes and not to good to try and

force the issue

John

I would rather be riding my bike thinking about God Than in Church thinking about my Motorcycle

Suzuki C50 800cc
    Lethbridgeroadcrew.com
    http://www.lethbridgehonda.com/home/
    Alberta Canada
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au