Scooter
Community

Electric powered two and three wheeled scooters

Last post 01-15-2014 10:18 PM by Scooter rev. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2014 10:40 PM

Electric powered two and three wheeled scooters

Hi All

This is a carry on from the thread "a new scooter concept" . Al I believe this could be its own topic. 

There is so much new stuff in this area it boggles the mind.

Issues relating to wattage limits, licenses , soft ware developments  all beg discussion?

there are many sites that specialize in this area, catavolt etc. but few that emphasise the scooter developement aspect.

I see little difference between the 50cc, 250cc and maxi headings for discussion.

Once again just my thoughts and I look forward to your intelligent, interesting and above all your entertaining replies

Cheers Rev

Current ride Maxsym 400i. Suzuki Boulevard C50. BMW F650 GS. BMW R1200GS. Gone but not forgotten BMW K1200R. sold. plus a heap of boxes that have added up to some neat and not so neat old motorcycles.
  • 01-14-2014 11:10 PM In reply to

Re: Electric powered two and three wheeled scooters

Whats available in OZ at the moment this is one i know about in scooter-sales http://www.scootersales.com.au/scooters-400/tonelli/electricdelivery.aspx

The nearest place to me for a newsagents or a coffee is 36 ks away on a 110 kph road . Is there anything available that can cruse 72 ks at 110 kph as that would be my basic minimum . Also how long would you have to own the electric scooter before it paid for its self compared with a much cheaper to buy petrol powered one

Tha' can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell 'im much
  • 01-15-2014 12:44 AM In reply to

pyrah:

Whats available in OZ at the moment this is one i know about in scooter-sales http://www.scootersales.com.au/scooters-400/tonelli/electricdelivery.aspx

The nearest place to me for a newsagents or a coffee is 36 ks away on a 110 kph road . Is there anything available that can cruse 72 ks at 110 kph as that would be my basic minimum . Also how long would you have to own the electric scooter before it paid for its self compared with a much cheaper to buy petrol powered one

Pyrah! Maaate.

I suspect we are some what short of your situation at present. However we should not loose track of the fact that in 1906/7 the world land speed record was held by a vehicle powered by a mob of 2volt batteries.

Here in Newcastle a group have a 96 volt powered electric motor cycle doing well over 160 kph.? So trust me we aren't that far away.

It is proposed that F1 will shortly have an electric class.

my greatest concern is what class are we going to put the "hover boards" in? Cool

Cheers Rev.

Current ride Maxsym 400i. Suzuki Boulevard C50. BMW F650 GS. BMW R1200GS. Gone but not forgotten BMW K1200R. sold. plus a heap of boxes that have added up to some neat and not so neat old motorcycles.
  • 01-15-2014 01:00 AM In reply to

If you want to see how electric race bikes are progressing check out the Isle of man TT & see the improvements made there over the last few years . If i remember correctly from my apprentice days a DC series motor will spin up to destruction just what was needed in a early land speed record machine

• 01-15-2014 07:14 AM In reply to

Exactly Pyrah

given that a DC motor is "axial" and not reciprocal the potential is far greater. As I recollect heat dissipation was one of their problems? 

A factor that has been some what reduced with the developement of the new in wheel brushless motors.

Modern electric motors are straight forward, all though it appears the more volts the higher speed potential?

The continuing challenge is power storage and it's in this area I think we will see the breakthroughs ?

Imagin where we as a society would be if the developement of the electric motor was allowed (unhindered by the oil industry) from 1906?

Cheers Rev

P.S. I haven't finished with the Segway discussion yet????Big Smile

• 01-15-2014 05:09 PM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

Sun Power trike

Darwin to Adelaide

Long enough distance for you?

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
  • 01-15-2014 05:15 PM In reply to

Wink  Its a bit hot around here at the moment will i be able to use it at night Stick out tongue

Sun Power trike

• 01-15-2014 05:16 PM In reply to

Wink  Its a bit hot around here at the moment will i be able to use it at night Stick out tongue

Sun Power trike

• 01-15-2014 05:19 PM In reply to

Scooter rev:

Imagin where we as a society would be if the developement of the electric motor was allowed (unhindered by the oil industry) from 1906?

I would put it to you society would be exactly where it is now because the electric motor is not the weak link - the battery is, and there were plenty of incentives to develop batteries or other mobile sources of electricity over the years, if not for vehicles then for all sorts of military use (for example submarines), electronic gizmos, and all kinds of devices that run on electricity, and that's basically everything we use... and yet, this is where we are.

• 01-15-2014 10:18 PM In reply to

And what a beautiful place it is!

I agree with ferrix. The most recent advances have been in engineering and metallurgy.

The developement of laser cutters and borers allowing the production of 10,000 cylinders all absolutely identical! 

Ringless pistons (from Warrnambool in Western Victoria) and many others.

the most remarkable thing of all this is the cost for which it is being provided. It never fails to amaze me.

Cheers Rev

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au