Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
Honda

HID Conversion

Last post 04-27-2014 10:45 AM by dbm. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2014 07:48 AM In reply to

Re: HID Conversion

LOL like the air filter clip better Yes

• 03-26-2014 07:07 PM In reply to

lead runner:

I bought these ones

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400679813373

At the price, you got a bargain, fitting them may not be all beer and skittles as not all HID bulbs are the same and some adjustment while using a hammer in a judicious manner may be required. Don't worry about heat, these run cooler than your original incandescant bulbs.

You're as bad as me, you used to be so much better, that makes you worse.

Red Gilera Fuoco 500ie
  • 03-26-2014 11:04 PM In reply to

Loose Change:
    fitting them may not be all beer and skittles as not all HID bulbs are the same and some adjustment while using a hammer in a judicious manner may be required

Funny you say this. One of my wrecked Gp1s had H9 lights on the loom and I could not fit this into my light housing. this why I specially ordered a H8 conversion fitment.  BUT on one of the "many" other ebay sellers products they quoted that H8 H9 and H11 where all the same! and they would send one randomly! But I know to fit a H9 into a H8 slot requires some creative dremiling. I'm hoping they have a generic 'one size fits all' design for these 3 similar sized fittings. They are only a little different from one another.

Loose Change:
    Don't worry about heat, these run cooler than your original incandescant bulbs.

Yeah I also looked into this and you are correct they use less power to create more light Idea with less heat and last waaaaay longer.

They just need to warm up like our old Black and White TV! Snail

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 03-26-2014 11:26 PM In reply to

lead runner:

They just need to warm up like our old Black and White TV! Snail

Yep, the rise time is typically a couple of seconds to reach full brightness, usually the time that the ballast takes to generate the 23,000 volts to strike the arc and once stabilised the voltage drops back to about 5,000 volts.

As I had both high and low beam fitted with HID, when switching between high and low the switch on was almost instantaneous, providing the off time hadn't been too long, then the rise time took as long as from cold.

Red Gilera Fuoco 500ie
  • 04-03-2014 08:46 AM In reply to

Has anyone seen these in action? http://japan.webike.net/products/21398690.html

I can't read the text, but it looks like they're meant to run cooler and at lower power than HIDs, and give less glare to oncoming traffic.

First: Daelim S1 125
    Then: Honda PCX 150
    Now: Honda CTX 700
  • 04-03-2014 01:52 PM In reply to

eviladrian:

Has anyone seen these in action? http://japan.webike.net/products/21398690.html

I can't read the text, but it looks like they're meant to run cooler and at lower power than HIDs, and give less glare to oncoming traffic.

The numbers are impressive;

Total flux : 1400lm (Lo) / 1800lm (Hi)
    Power consumption : 12W (Lo) / 15W (Hi)
    Life : 40,000 hours

The next bit I'm not so sure about;

You are sick of yellow halogen lights.

No, i'm not sick of yellow halogen lights, in fact I prefer them as they are kinder to the eyes than what the 6000K diamond white glare is.

You have been hard HID demanding power requirements.

Once again no, as a 35w HID setup still uses less power than your standard bulbs do and I can buy HID bulbs in varying colour temperatures

Ultra low power & came the era of long-lasting LED headlights.

Can't argue with that one, it is very low power consumption and 40,000 hours is an impressive life span, not sure how many years that is for most people's riding habits. Even HID's claim a 30,000 hour life span which is probably longer than what I would own a vehicle.

Red Gilera Fuoco 500ie
  • 04-03-2014 09:58 PM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

I am runing LED spots on my Tiger and I do a lot of outback night riding. I am currently using Clearwater Krista's, but am about to upgrade to the Erica because I want spots on the DR650, so going to do a transplant.

There are a lot of low power LED options, some quite cheap. They use a lot less power than halogen and HID, but the light is more focused. I am sold on them, was skeptical at fisrt though.

• 04-14-2014 09:56 PM In reply to

Would u believe im still waiting for these to come!!!

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.

Oh

Stock is BEST!
  • 04-15-2014 10:04 AM In reply to

• Elmaco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-24-2012
    • Posts 9

i have swapped to 5000K CREE LED  H4 hi/lo globes on my 650 Burger . Instant brighter lighting and no waiting for the lights to warm up like the HID system

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/48W-4400LM-5000K-CREE-CXA1512-H4-H13-9004-9007-Hi-Lo-LED-Car-HeadLight-Fog-Lamps-/261404239405?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cdce8262d

2006 Burgman 650- heated grips, Givi top box and screen, Leo Vince exhaust
    2002 Peugeot Speedfight 100 WRC
  • 04-22-2014 11:13 PM In reply to

They have finally arrived! 

I test fitted and WOW people say that HIDs have ti warm up but before they do they are brighter than stock! And when they do warm up, beautiful! 

I will post pics when i get time to fit em up right.

Oh

Stock is BEST!
  • 04-26-2014 03:30 PM In reply to

Well that was a fizzer, firstly they sent me 55watt HIDs when I ordered 35watt and one of the balasts fried after 60 seconds then blew my headlight fuse. The chinaman that sold then to has issued me a full refund. So this time I might try LEDs

Oh

Stock is BEST!
  • 04-26-2014 04:10 PM In reply to

Awaiting the results with interest Yes

• 04-27-2014 06:53 AM In reply to

I don;t think LEDs are going to be any good as they generat  a LOT of  heat back stage and thats not gonna be any good for my plastic fantastic Spanish dancer.

So I'm to send the HID kit back to... deep breath.. "North Block,Da Yuan Industry,Pin Shan Village Xi Li,Nan Shan District Shen Zhen,Guang Dong China".

Get a refund and get a real set of 35watt HID head Ideas

So in the mean time I'll put the Spanish Dancer back togeather..... anyone got the number for all the kings horses and all the kings men?

Oh

Stock is BEST!
  • 04-27-2014 10:45 AM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

shayneh2006:

Beware of the heat that performance bulbs emit......

Over time, they will destroy your headlight lense and internal reflective fixture 

Been there, done that. The Phillips Diamonds were great until the plastics discoloured and melted. I've got used to being back on stock bulbs and the headlight replacement assembly is still like new.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au