Scooter
Community

How often has your Scooter been moved? pissed off that mine was moved in a parking building

Last post 04-10-2014 08:34 PM by Quantumcat. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2014 05:57 PM

How often has your Scooter been moved? pissed off that mine was moved in a parking building

I parked up my scooter (vespa gts300) in the underground parking building at work.  Parked it up in a spot that an attendant told me was Ok the week before.

Came back to it to ride home and found that it had been moved, it had a disc lock  (Xena alarmed) on it and the handlbar was in the lock position.  I could see the marks on the cement floor where they had dragged it.  Also the lock was dug in against the fork and was a *** to unlock.  I asked one of the attendants about it, he said some of the 'guys' did it as it was in the way, I told him it was probably damaged, he responded with 'there are no cameras so you can't prove it', he then walked off.  I checked the disc break and it looked of so rode home.  I called the department manager responsible for the carpark, she was in a meeting so one of her staff answered, told her what happened and she asked me to describe the attendant I spoke to, she said he is the parking manager.  30 mins later I get a return call, it is the parking manager, he denied that I spoke to him but again admitted his staff moved it.  I was really angry and told him  that it could be damaged and asked him why he thought it was reasonable to move it.  I work in a hospital, we have an internal communications system, often they use it to call for people to move their vehicles that could be blocking something.  They didnt use it.  Also the vespa wasnt blocking anything and it was a place I was told to park it and I parked up with an attendant watching me park it.  It was in front of their office.

The front wheel brake feels ok, I posted on Modern Vespa forum about it and they seemed to say the most likely damage would be to the disc.  I thought the stand might also get damaged as it doesnt look like they lifted it, looked like it was dragged.  Suppose I should be grateful it wasnt knocked over.

Going to write a formal complaint about the morons moving something that doenst belong to them.  Pisses me off though that people think its ok to move others property and are willing to risk damage to it.

• 03-30-2014 06:24 PM In reply to

• petegailey
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2008
    • Cleared off, up the Mid Nth Coast
    • Posts 7,090

Re: How often has your Scooter been moved? pissed off that mine was moved in a parking building

I had phatVespa moved once by a self appointed "Deputy sheriff" at my units. He decided that he didnt like me parking near the doorway. Trouble was that the fat gorilla picked it up by the front mudguard and broke one of the plastic mounts on the front shock guard. Had to buy a new one. The guy responsible denied it when I confronted him about it. Some months later when I was trying to track down a rattle I discovered that the mudguard was also badly cracked where it bolts  to the steering head. This is a major job to replace a front mudguard on a GTS so I ended up sticking it back together with roofing silicone, the only thing I know that repairs body plastic. I wasn't very happy. Ive recently had phatVespa knocked off its centre stand whilst parked in the street resulting in a smashed helmet and badly dented side panel.

Daelim NS 125: Mighty 1st scoot from Korea that punched way above its weight. Sold
    Vespa GTS 250: Modern Retro brilliance. I'll ride it til it dies.Traded in on a maxi.
    Suzuki DR650: "That Thing" Excellent Single 650 thumper chook chaser that was too tall. Sold
    Yamaha T Max: Best Maxi out there and serious canyon racer. Sold
    Triumph Bonneville: Modern Retro brilliance with the sweetest parallel twin.
    BMW F800R: The Naked Hun. Great intro into sports bikes.
    Gilera Runner FXR 180: 2 stroke scooter missile from Piaggio.
    Gilera Nexus 500. Sexy like red Italian stilettos.
    Yamaha RZ250RR: Retro Japanese 2 stroke racer.
  • 03-30-2014 06:32 PM In reply to

Re: How often has your Scooter been moved? pissed off that mine was moved in a parking building

wow that really sucks, what a crappy thing to happen.  Makes you wonder why people think its appropriate to do that.

Looks like I was lucky that no damage was done, I am going to go and check my front mud guard though.

• 03-30-2014 08:25 PM In reply to

hi all   that really sucks for both you guys im afraid to park my scoots anywhere out of sight afraid il come back find someone has knocked it over. i wonder would they have moved it had it been a large H.D or BMW or any bike instead of a scooter?

• 03-30-2014 09:01 PM In reply to

• TRA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 302

I am about to get shouted down here, but, I have had to move a couple of little 50cc scoots in the CBD on the rare occasion. I always park tight up agains the wall or posts to maximise space for others, but sometimes the little 50 riders jam their little machine in the smallest of gaps so close that you cant stand your motorcycle up. When I ride my big bike, its always on the centre stand so no problem, but my DR650 only has a side stand. Only way to get your bike out its to move the scooter over. I hate doing, but sometimes you dont have a choice. I am always super careful when I do it.

I have also had to do it to a motorcycle parked in our fire escape. In that case, I just dragged it out into the foot path cause the rider was obviously a douche bag.

• 03-30-2014 09:45 PM In reply to

I think that sounds reasonable.  They blocked you in, it would be unreasonable if you were to knock it over or trash it. 

The real test is what would a resonable person do.  In my case there are around 5 ways to get to the same place that my bike was allegedly blocking.  They didn't put a notice on the public address system or put a note on the bike demanding it not be parked there again.

TRA I would have done the same as you, also you know how to move a bike, I doubt the idiots who moved mine knew how to otherwise the disc lock with its 120dB alarm wouldnt have been jammed into the front fork.  Also the carpark floor wouldnt have deep scratches on it from where the stand was dragged along the floor.

I am not sure if its in my mind but the steering feels different since, just a little loose?

• 03-31-2014 03:38 PM In reply to

Havent had it happen on either of the burgmans I own ,or the Piaggio x9 i used to have but then again you are looking at a fair amount of weight .

I dont park in places where I am interupting someones going or coming ,but I expect at some time it may happen ,but placed on the centre stand ,front wheel locked and  if they can drag or push a burger then they will probably suffer a hernia and good luck to them

riding for fun
  • 03-31-2014 07:17 PM In reply to

Devil In the good old days it was considered fun to turn these to face a wall Big Smile

• 03-31-2014 11:13 PM In reply to

In the old days it was fun to get a few blokes to lift the back of someones car and sit the rear axle on a couple of bricks just inside the back wheel lifting the wheels about half an inch off the ground... it was great watching them start the car put it in gear and wonder why it didn't go anywhere......

2015 BMW C650 GT Special Edition
    2012 BMW C650 GT, gone
    MaxSYM 400i.. gone
    Sym Firenze 300i... gone
    Royal Enfield C5... gone

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of the window
  • 04-01-2014 10:14 AM In reply to

Moke's were the bestBig Smile

Cheers Rev

Current ride Maxsym 400i. Suzuki Boulevard C50. BMW F650 GS. BMW R1200GS. Gone but not forgotten BMW K1200R. sold. plus a heap of boxes that have added up to some neat and not so neat old motorcycles.
  • 04-02-2014 06:35 PM In reply to

Rod Fountain:

Havent had it happen on either of the burgmans I own ,or the Piaggio x9 i used to have but then again you are looking at a fair amount of weight .

If they are big enough to move the Burger you should just say thanks and move on. 

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 04-05-2014 04:49 PM In reply to

My scooter was moved about a month ago.  Public carpark - against the fence in an all day spot.  some a***hole wanted my spot I guess so took it upon themselves to move the scoot onto the line but out half a length.  There was only 6 inches between my scoot and the next car.  I was p*ssed!  Other times I've had people tell me "you're taking up a whole spot"........  Well DUH!  The law demands only one vehicle per space.  I told him that if I had driven my car that morning I would have been in the same space.  Another time I came out to find a car taking up his space plus half of mine.  He came back to his car just after me and I sarcastically asked him if he had enough room.  His response was "you're greedy taking up a whole space".  I said "well, you're taking up 1 1/2 spaces so who is the greedy one".  MORONS!

Kim
  • 04-10-2014 08:34 PM In reply to

My crappy toy scooter (piaggio 50cc) got dragged a few metres once outside a shopping centre, all the side got scratched. It was also really hard to pick it back up again with the disc lock completely jammed! Was pretty pissed off but there was nobody around to blame unfortunately.

I have a big fat scooter now, until a few months ago I didn't even know how to get it onto its centre stand (still can't if I need to push it up even a small uphill) so I doubt anybody will be moving it soon!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au