Scooter
Community

Problems with my BeeWee YW100!

Last post 05-07-2014 08:21 PM by INMA. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-08-2014 11:27 PM

• Patto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2014
    • Posts 4

Problems with my BeeWee YW100!

Hey guys,

So, recently my scoot decided to have a bit (understatement) of a problem! I was leaving my girlfriends house, and everything was going fine. As I set off, everything was normal, hit 80 easily along that road, but when I came to the turn off I had a misgiving. After I turned the corner, and got maybe two metres before my scooter lost basically all thrust. I stopped, pulled over turned it off and on again, but to no avail. It managed to limp back to my girlfriends house, but going back there I had a max of about 30. I gave up on trying to ride home, and had to take it home in a trailer the next day.

Now, my brother is a diesel mechanic, and had the scoot before me, but we are a bit stumped. At first we thought it was the CDi, as it has already been replaced on the scooter twice under warrenty, but as it has developed we are more uncertain. It isn't doing what it was when the CDi went before, as before it was just very jerky, and had a max of 30. This is less jerky, but with the same top speed. Actually, as time has progressed, it has actually gotten worse. Now I can not actually move it with the throttle, even when it is on full. Also, it is seeming to misfire an excessive amount, but I know the sparkplug is producing a spark, and even changed it over with a new one.

Do you guys have any ideas as to what could be causing this problem? We have checked the jets, they look fine, but we don't know how to correctly test the CDi, and are unsure about if it actually is the CDi causing the problem, and I simply cannot afford to buy one from Yamaha ($500!) and for that to not be the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated Smile

Cheers,

Patto Smile

Filed under: , ,
  • 04-09-2014 02:11 AM In reply to

Re: Problems with my BeeWee YW100!

Hi Patto Is the air filter clean and the exhaust not carboned up also auto choke not sticking on

• 04-09-2014 12:41 PM In reply to

• awa355
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-20-2013
    • waikato
    • Posts 194

How many k's has it done?  YW100, I presume it is the 2t model, same as mine. 

Awa and Buggsy
  • 04-09-2014 08:42 PM In reply to

• Patto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2014
    • Posts 4

Possible success! I took off the exhaust, and it had acceleration and power, only on the stand though. I shall take it for a test ride tomorrow, when I will be less likely to wake the neighbours kids with the sound of a suped up chainsaw.

In reply to your other comments, I don't actually think my model has an auto-choke, or one of any kind, and the air filter is relatively clean.

Yeah, 2t model, and around 21600k's on the clock

Cheers again for your guys help, I really quite appreciate it

• 04-10-2014 02:31 PM In reply to

• awa355
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-20-2013
    • waikato
    • Posts 194

I've just modified mine, replaced the original sparkplug after 16,600 k's.

Well the sparkplug that was in it at 2,200k when I bought it 14 months ago. 

Awa and Buggsy
  • 04-10-2014 05:24 PM In reply to

• hank
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-01-2010
    • Posts 281

sounds like you might ave sussed it

if the zorst is clogged its probably worth de-coking the head too

i cant explain myself im afraid sir, because im not myself you see
  • 04-18-2014 02:08 PM In reply to

• Patto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2014
    • Posts 4

So right now, the original problem has been fixed, and I owe that to you guys! If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have found the problem. Thank you all from the bottom of my glass. We decarbonised the exhaust using an oxy torch, and it worked wonders. I can now actually ride it.

The only downside to this, was I think that the baffles were damaged during this, as now my scooter is significantly louder than when it was working fine. Thankfully not as loud as it was with the exhaust off, but I think still enough to annoy/piss off the neighbours. Any ideas on how to dampen the sound a bit? Can post a video if needed.

Thanks once again,
    Patto.

• 04-18-2014 07:54 PM In reply to

maybe tme for a racey up grade!

Derbi GP1 250i a properly fun scooter. Now totally renewed, rebuilt, run in, run Hard and now sold.
    Its name...The Flamenco Dancer by SOLD

Now on a brilliant Yellow Suzuki SV650 NUDIST crumbs it don't half shift!

Oh

And remember boys and girls,

Stock is BEST!
  • 04-18-2014 08:26 PM In reply to

Idea Sack the brother Devil

• 04-21-2014 10:21 PM In reply to

• Patto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2014
    • Posts 4

I heard that those basically ruin what is the fuel economy, do you have any experience with them?

Hey, any work is better than none Stick out tongue

• 05-07-2014 08:21 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 845

The muffler is packed with fibreglass which will have burnt out after 20,000km and the oxytorch decoke.

A muffler place could cut the back off the muffler to repack the exhaust or buy  a new exhaust.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au