Scooter
Community

BMW Scooters--negative vibes

Last post 07-25-2014 01:16 AM by RAYJASPER. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2014 06:20 PM

BMW Scooters--negative vibes

Some very negative reports eminating from the USA on the BMW scooters

Reported on the Yamaha Majesty site for Tmax are reports of oil leaks ,luggage trunk lets water in and some plastic melting on the dashboard

Might only be jealousy on their part but most new scooters /bikes have some faults in the beginning

It wont go well for BMW if this sort of negative reports keep coming

riding for fun
  • 04-20-2014 06:51 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Re: BMW Scooters--positive ride

Hi Rod,

Yeah, it's just inter-forum banter, if it is jealousy related, then it is justified.

I've run up 15000k's on the C scoots, and only had an insufficently torqued bolt causing an oil leak (posted about in this forum). This was permantly fixed with the supplied tool kit.

I also peruse the offshore forums, and from that, so far only consider the possibility of having to replace a timing chain tensioner should it become noisy. Otherwise they have proven to be very solid and reliable machines. The cheaper than oem aftermarket parts availability for these scoots has also matured nicely which bodes well for ongoing service costs.

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 04-20-2014 11:37 PM In reply to

Eccles.

Don't you go teasing me none?:) Next thing you'll be telling me is I can get Kymco parts for my C series Beemer!:)).

I have got to admitt they are a class act. Very comfortable and predictable given my short run on the GT.

We are still trying to organise a ride on the TMax once that's done we'll go back and start crunching numbers. At the moment

the TMax has it's nose just in front based on weight and manoeuvrability. If it handles half as good as it's reported to I suspect

We'll go that way.

By the way is anybody else have problems selecting smilies? Every time I select one it wipes the written reply!

may be they are trying to tell me something:)

Cheers Rev

Current ride Maxsym 400i. Suzuki Boulevard C50. BMW F650 GS. BMW R1200GS. Gone but not forgotten BMW K1200R. sold. plus a heap of boxes that have added up to some neat and not so neat old motorcycles.
  • 04-21-2014 03:56 AM In reply to

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile[Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile A few spare ones for you courtesy of google chrome SmileSmileStick out tongue

• 04-21-2014 04:58 AM In reply to

IE working on my old XP machine will try it on windows 8 when i get home in the morning Big Smile

• 04-21-2014 08:35 AM In reply to

Pyrah.

thank youBig Smile It appears my IPad likes youEmbarrassed it may have just forgotton for a short whileDevil

Cheers Rev

Current ride Maxsym 400i. Suzuki Boulevard C50. BMW F650 GS. BMW R1200GS. Gone but not forgotten BMW K1200R. sold. plus a heap of boxes that have added up to some neat and not so neat old motorcycles.
  • 04-21-2014 09:23 AM In reply to

No don't like my windows 8 & IE

• 04-21-2014 08:24 PM In reply to

I have just had the clutch replaced after 5000k, under BMW warranty, it was shuddering terribly. On looking on overseas (US) forums, this seams to be quite common. If the problem returns again I will replace the clutch with a Dr Pulley HT clutch whitch according to the US sites fixes the problem. How is your new c600 going Eccles? And did you have any problems with the 650?

2015 BMW C650 GT Special Edition
    2012 BMW C650 GT, gone
    MaxSYM 400i.. gone
    Sym Firenze 300i... gone
    Royal Enfield C5... gone

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out of the window
  • 04-21-2014 09:48 PM In reply to

• Eccles
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Lane Cove, Sydney
    • Posts 317

Jenshore:

How is your new c600 going Eccles? And did you have any problems with the 650?

Only had to torque up a bolt on the final drive to cure an oil weep, other than that no problems just big grins. Big Smile

The clutches do warrant replacing with a HiT clutch though, one of the few 1st gen weak points. I have to go up a steep climb when the scoot is dead cold. The clutch will shudder if I just plod up the hill, but if I give it a bit more throttle the clutch grabs nicely and all is good. On the C650 it was like this until about 7,000k's then smoothed out completely. Don't know if riding style is part of it, the C600 is also similar in this regard as well, once warm, no problems at all with either scoot.

Really enjoying the sport, did the Putty fish hook the other day. Up to Broke via Kulnurra/Wolombi then down to Greys Tea house for a spot of lunch and then return back the same way. Just love the way it growls as you haul a.. out of the 35/45k switchbacks, and then effortlessly purrs down the road, so solidly tracking through sweepers on the 100k bits.

I'm quite chuff with the way it comes out of the box, but do plan to fit the following bits for extra grins:

Dr Pulley sliding pieces and 28gr rollers.

HiT clutch

Li polymer battery (to save 3.5kgs)

Mivv exhaust (to save 1.5kgs and half the price of an Akroprovic)

Also note that the Malossi store now stock MHR 2000 variators, rollers, wavy brake disks, pads and belts (these a 1/3 the price of the oem belt). 

--------------------------------------------------
    Current Rides..
    14 BMW R1200RT LC
    16 BMW R1200R
  • 07-25-2014 01:16 AM In reply to

Hi,Just for reference.
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfKkxMtzPAM&list=UU1f-7o65ABXuM5IyK2y0eNA 
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R80MP4INB5U&list=UU1f-7o65ABXuM5IyK2y0eNA
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcUCiWcdzG4&list=UU1f-7o65ABXuM5IyK2y0eNA

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT