Scooter
Community

FILTERING NOT LEGALISED IN ACT

Last post 07-11-2014 05:29 PM by ferrix. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2014 01:13 PM

FILTERING NOT LEGALISED IN ACT

Filtering not legalised in ACT as presented in this article from the Canberra Times

I found this article in Canberra Times that you might be interested in: Evidently filtering has not yet been legalised in the ACT--Rod Fountain CCSC

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/-zsu67.html

riding for fun
  • 07-05-2014 04:02 PM In reply to

Re: FILTERING NOT LEGALISED IN ACT

hi all does anyother state  allow filtering ? Because  i think it only said NSW .      where normaly the last to do anything that  makes sence  !   cheers.

• 07-05-2014 04:21 PM In reply to

just NSW at the present time Smile

• 07-05-2014 07:46 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

pyrah:

just NSW at the present time Smile

Qld has gone through a public consultation process on filtering and legalising the use on non Aus standard helmets.

• 07-05-2014 08:47 PM In reply to

• OX-34
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-03-2014
    • Posts 28

QLD?

Unlikely. Any 3 scooter riders who filter to the front would be imprisoned under the VLAD laws.

• 07-06-2014 02:38 PM In reply to

Why would a NSW law have anything to do with the ACT?

• 07-06-2014 02:57 PM In reply to

68 404:

Why would a NSW law have anything to do with the ACT?

Why indeed? By the way...

...We live in one of the most over-governed nations on earth. Keith Suter once estimated that we have one politician per 930 electors, compared with Britain's one per 22,000. Our three-tiered federation takes 700 governments (one national, two territory, six state and 691 local) and about 22,600 politicians to serve only 21 million citizens.

Writing in the Australian Journal of Public Administration in 2002, the University of Canberra's Mark Drummond concluded that abolishing states and moving to a two-tiered national-local system (with the federal government taking over all state functions) would save over $20 billion in public expenditure annually. As we may not want the federal government to get that big, Drummond has also estimated that a two-tier system in which the abolished states' functions are divided between the federal government and 40-60 regional governments (with some local governments remaining where necessary, such as in areas with low population densities) would save at least $15 billion. But that's only the half of it. In total, Drummond believes the annual benefit would be $30 billion...

quoted from The Australian

• 07-11-2014 03:11 PM In reply to

I still wonder why this is such a big deal..... over here in Wait Awhile I filter all the time.  So does almost every other rider i see.  Except maybe those on large boat anchors (Harleys) because their ape hangers are too wide to fit through a tunnel let along between two cars.

I've been doing this since I got my licence.  I even had to do it in my test during peak hour as the instructor needed to get back to the Licensing Centre.    Never ever seen anyone pulled over or even looked at twice by coppers unless they are being completely stupid. 

Do people actually get booked for filtering in other states??

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 07-11-2014 05:29 PM In reply to

HB-Zip50:

Do people actually get booked for filtering in other states??

Going by the occasional posts at netrider it does happen. Not terribly often, but every now and then a cop has a bad day or really wants to get you for something and that's just the ammo they need. I'm not terribly fussed about filtering to be honest, but I think anything that decreases the number of potential 'offences' is a good thing.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au