Scooter
Community

Vespa GTS 300 - engine upgrade in process!

Last post 11-02-2014 06:30 PM by fluffy. 58 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (59 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2014 10:16 AM

Vespa GTS 300 - engine upgrade in process!

ok, I've got the 300 booked in this week - malossi big bore and V4 head, 9 roller polini variator, malossi filer and lambda emulator, finished off with the akrapovic pipe.... looking forward to seeing how this thing goes......

• 07-15-2014 10:31 AM In reply to

Party!!! [<:o)] Re: Vespa GTS 300 - engine upgrade in process!

Big SmileWoW  

$$$ $$$

Wont to be my best friend ?

PLEASE

• 07-15-2014 10:42 AM In reply to

Re: Vespa GTS 300 - engine upgrade in process!

So I won't have the most powerful Vespa around anymore. Sad

Where are you getting it done? You might want to fine tune it a bit afterwards with different roller weights.

A fly screen helps with top end a bit, but then you get the wind (and insects) in your face. If you wear a full face helmet then this won't matter. A different DB killer, the VTUV019, gives a nice deeper note. I hope you haven't bought the catalytic converter for the Akra, as you shouldn't use it with the Malossi V4 kit.

If you do much touring, or are interested in top speed, there is the Malossi upgear kit. You would lose a litle lowerr end acceleration, but with your kit you could afford it.

You will have a very different scooter. Overtaking on the freeway becomes so much fun  -  just blip the throttle and you are past. Opening the throttle on a bend is exhilarating. Enjoy!

Mike

• 07-15-2014 12:58 PM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

Who is doing the work would be interesting to see the final product.

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 07-15-2014 01:43 PM In reply to

jpfvita:

Big SmileWoW  

$$ $$

Wont to be my best friend ?

PLEASE

LOL at least a  $ worth Big Smile

• 07-15-2014 02:57 PM In reply to

Im getting the workdone by Sandy at http://scooterengineering.com  hes pretty clued up, so decidd theres no other option for the conversion. Im hoping to get the work done on Friday, but the parts havney showed as yet. Mike, we'll have to have a ride when the weather warms up. Allen, happy to show you the finished work.
     i guess thers a run in period, but looking forward to seeing the difference, having riden Mike Hollands beast, its gonna be awesome scoot. My guess it will be a tad quicker than Mikes red rocket?

• 07-15-2014 05:41 PM In reply to

You never can tell with top speed. All my mods have given me much more power, but have made little, if any, difference to my top speed (except going uphill). And GTS300s are not faster than GTS250s to start with, so we will have to wait and see (unless you go for that upgear kit). But you will certainly get there quicker.

Looking forward to a ride with you, sometime in August?

Mike.

• 07-15-2014 07:13 PM In reply to

hi guys Mick if the GTS 300 isnt any faster than the 250s why upgrade what is the point in doing so ? I dont think the 50cc can make a great difference in power does it ? i do know that most of the people that have owned a GTS 250 have ended up getting the 300 so there must be a reason

• 07-15-2014 07:21 PM In reply to

Torque ?

• 07-15-2014 08:41 PM In reply to

Mike Holland:

You never can tell with top speed. All my mods have given me much more power, but have made little, if any, difference to my top speed (except going uphill). And GTS300s are not faster than GTS250s to start with, so we will have to wait and see (unless you go for that upgear kit). But you will certainly get there quicker.

Looking forward to a ride with you, sometime in August?

Mike.

I wonder what it would do 0-100kmh sprint? Any chance you could amuse us with a timing test or even a little quick 10sec video?

Lets see what its really worth...:)

Yuminashi Pcx 164cc can of whopass!
    Ex Takegawa Pcx 170cc
    Ex Today 94cc Kitaco
  • 07-15-2014 08:53 PM In reply to

It will be an interesting head to head, Mikes machine is pretty rapid, and by all accounts the 300 isnt that much quicker when standard against the 250. It just feels a bit chunkier at the bottom end - more torque. Mikes machine is loaded, I've had the pleasure of riding it. It's quick...

Once my 300 has been run in I'll head out for a ride with Mike, I havent seem him for a while...

Lets hope my delivery shows up before Friday!

Oh, if anyone wants a Malossi Lambda Emulator for a 250, I have one - $50. I also have a black topbox with back rest, i think over $600 new, I'll take $150, its in good condition...

cheers...

• 07-15-2014 08:55 PM In reply to

August for sure Mike....

• 07-15-2014 11:06 PM In reply to

Jpf, the reason for upgrading isn't top speed, unless that happens to be your thing. It is the torque that makes the ride so much more invigorating. I could easily tune for more speed, with a Malossi upgear kit and a flyscreen, but where could I use it without risking my licence? I can (and do) use the extra power accelerating around bends, feeling my front wheel lift as I open the throttle, leaving the cages way behind at the lights, ovetaking on the freeway.

Besides, I love fiddling to get that little bit more. I invented the GTS airfilter mod which is now in use worldwide.  I have looked into larger injectors and higher fuel pressure, but without much result, and am now playing with a Malossi ForceMaster 2 to get a bit more fuel into the system.

Mike

• 07-16-2014 03:46 PM In reply to

Paul, scooting home from Hornsby this arvo, it suddenly occurred to me that your scooter is black, while mine is red (sort of). So mine will definitely be faster, desopite your couple of extra cc's.   Big Smile

Mike

• 07-16-2014 08:28 PM In reply to

Mike, I'm quaking in my boots. The thought of going head to head with your beast is causing me no end of anxeity!!!!

We'll sort a ride for sure, I just need my parts to show up tomorrow as its booked in for Friday......

I'll keep you posted.....

Page 1 of 4 (59 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au