Scooter
Community

Tyre inflation at Servo's..or anywhere else for that matter..

Last post 07-28-2014 06:22 PM by pyrah. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2014 01:09 PM

Tyre inflation at Servo's..or anywhere else for that matter..

I have a gripe..when at the home or at the servo doing the weekly tyre inflation check, it has been almost impossible to get a test gauge or the inflation nozzle over the tyre valve (and depending on the type of inflation nozzle has been totally inpossible to inflate the tyre).  This is due to the valve sitting in the center of the rim and extending at 90degrees from the tyre..both the rim and the disc brake get in the way.  This has meant I end up bending the valve to force the nozzle on.  This can not be good the the valve. 

So..

Does anyone use valve extenders (with an angle) and if so do you generally leave them attached to the valve (does this cause balance issues)?  What brand works and where did you get it from (my local super cheap auto only has straight extenders)?

Cheers, Tempest.

Brand New and very Shiny Maxsym 400

2004 Gilera VXR200
  • 07-28-2014 05:27 PM In reply to

• dbm
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2009
    • Posts 270

Re: Tyre inflation at Servo's..or anywhere else for that matter..

Fleabay or change them with your next set of tyres.

• 07-28-2014 05:55 PM In reply to

The valves are rubber mounted and are designed to bend.

• 07-28-2014 06:22 PM In reply to

Get a right angle adaptor that you place on the valve when checking the pressure or re inflating tyre then remove (ebay as them) 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PAIR-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-TYRE-VALVE-EXTENSION-ADAPTOR-90-DEGREE-ANGLE-CAR-BIKE-/191183028102?hash=item2c83657f86&_uhb=1

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au