Scooter
Community

Headlights stopped working Kymco Super 8 125

Last post 08-07-2014 01:29 PM by radar. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-30-2014 08:41 AM

• radar
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2011
    • Sydney NSW
    • Posts 39

Headlights stopped working Kymco Super 8 125

Hi All

Technical advice required.  On way home tonight went over a small pot hole and then noticed that both headlights not working?  Had to select parkers so that I was visible from the front.  No high beam working either.  Could it be as simple as blown globes or something more sinister?Is it something I can attempt to repair myself or is it a trip to the service centre?  If I can do it where do I get new globes from?

Any advice gretly appreciated.

Jeff 

Radar

• 07-30-2014 02:17 PM In reply to

Re: Headlights stopped working Kymco Super 8 125

Would try a new bulb first as the cheapest option think it's a HS1 PX43t 35 X 35 watt bulb so best bet will be a motorcycle shop or Ebay as don't think a car accessory shop will stock that size ( but would still ask )

• 08-07-2014 01:29 PM In reply to

• radar
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-19-2011
    • Sydney NSW
    • Posts 39

Re: Headlights stopped working Kymco Super 8 125

All  I tried to attempt to do it myself and after removing half the front end found out it was not the 2 H4 globes.  Off to the trusty mechanics,  they diagnose the headlight controller unit [$200+].  They recommend that the HCU be bypassed as I had had it replaced under warranty when the scooter was newer.  Manufacturer even recommends that if they continually fail.  So $30 later I am on my way but I now have to turn off the lights to start it as they draw a lot of the batteries power.  I notice now that the lights stay on and don't dim when idling at lights etc.  People don't think I am flashing at them now either, used to get a lot of weird looks when the headlights dimmed and went back to full power at lights.

Radar

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au