Scooter
Community

piaggio nrg starting problems

Last post 12-24-2014 07:57 PM by chewin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-24-2014 02:52 PM

• chewin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • Posts 2

piaggio nrg starting problems

Gday. My nrg purejet felt like it was flooding the other day (really boggy). After it warmed up they problem went away. When I started it back up it wouldnt fire without half throttle. I got it home and now it just turns over without starting. I pulled the injector off and got it to run for a few seconds with the fuel that was in the cylinder. Spark looks good. It has a new fuel pump on it. Anyone have any ideas? Oh yeah.. I burnt the starter out trying to fix it.. awesome. 

• 12-24-2014 03:07 PM In reply to

Re: piaggio nrg starting problems

I am just guessing, I don't know efi too well. When they first came out in cars, my father used to try to start one wil his foot on accelerator which put it out and then would stall. Now they have minaturized them enough for scooters, but I have no experience with them myself. I think they work by sensors near intake and exhaust (lambda sensors?). You might try testing those perhaps, the manual might give a resistance values to check with multimeter.

I am only guessing but trying to be helpful.

edit: would you get an error code on the display if EFI malfunction?

Aprilia Sportcity 2006,
    recently crashed badly, might replace or buy a car!
  • 12-24-2014 03:50 PM In reply to

Welcome chewin

Not even normal fuel injection but direct fuel injection could be one of the sensors playing up providing the wrong mixture . Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to see if it resets everything ?

• 12-24-2014 07:57 PM In reply to

• chewin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • Posts 2

That sounds like a plan. The battery has been in and out since the problem started. They say a bad cdi could cause this type of problem but the purejets have different looms to the older nrg's where you can test the green wire for an earth.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au