Scooter
Community

Terrible Brakes/Clutch and/or terrible Indonesian mechanics?

Last post 03-08-2015 09:14 PM by INMA. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2015 06:43 AM

Terrible Brakes/Clutch and/or terrible Indonesian mechanics?

Hi all, 

Bit confused to why my brakes are so terrible and wondering if anyone can help me.

I recently went to to get my front/back brakes changed which they did for me. The front brake didn't really make a difference and doesn't work what so ever. My back break worked awesome for the first 2-3 weeks, now it's starting to fail miserably.. are brakes on vespas only ment to last 1 month?

Another question is they fixed my clutch which seems to have broken again.. I was able to hold the clutch in and rev without the bike moving, it seems the clutch has gone back to its old ways and I have to battle my terrible back brake with the clutch again..

Anyone think of any reasons why the fix has only lasted 3-4 weeks?

Thanks,

Aaron

• 03-08-2015 08:30 AM In reply to

• Blam
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-25-2008
    • Nowhere near you, thank God.
    • Posts 437

Re: Terrible Brakes/Clutch and/or terrible Indonesian mechanics?

Without seeing it, it sounds like cable stretch. You may need to adjust the cables, it will only take you a few minutes, although the clutch can be tricky to get right without experience. Who did the job for you/ where are you so we can advise of a good mechanic?

• 03-08-2015 09:50 AM In reply to

Hi Aaron, what Vespa model are you talking about, and where do you live? Maybe some technical guy on this forum can lend youy a hand with it. I am north end of Sydney, and have been fiddling with Vespas for 45 years.

Mike

• 03-08-2015 09:14 PM In reply to

• INMA
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2009
    • Posts 845

Its a vespa, a good mechanic can only do so much.

You want reliability, buy a Honda. Even the worst mechanic in Asia will fix a Honda and it will be reliable.

2001 Yamaha Zuma, DR Evo 68 cylinder, Leo Vince TT derestricted, Delorto 17.5 (#98 jet), standard aircleaner, RMS fan, Race CDI, Standard oiler and premix @ 75:1 Shell SX2, Doppler SR3 variator, RMS clutch, RMS R rear shock absorber and Pirelli SL26 tyres.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au