Scooter
Community

in
ADVERTISEMENT
ScooterAccessories

What a Ruckus!

Last post 11-13-2007 12:16 PM by kiwiscoota. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2007 01:34 PM

• Curto
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Southern Sydney
    • Posts 212

What a Ruckus!

I'm impressed by those hotted up Honda Ruckus scooters I saw in the blog section. Reminds me of a certain B-Bone but these look pretty trick indeed with their fat tyres and chrome bits.

There's loads of add-ons available from Japan. It seems to be a 50cc ... which would make doing one up like that a bit pointless here (other than for "track use"). But they certainly are a unique scooter - love that styling - and well worth a look! More pics on the sites below.

ruckus1

ruckus2

ruckus3 

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12259

http://thescooterscoop.blogspot.com/2007/11/little-ruckus-is-big-in-japan.html

• 11-08-2007 02:29 PM In reply to

Re: What a Ruckus!

Take a look at the Big Ruckas......

• 11-08-2007 04:47 PM In reply to

• Curto
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Southern Sydney
    • Posts 212

250cc - now you're talking! But its nowhere near as cool looking as the 50cc version! The Big Ruckus looks more like a Constructacon from the Transformers or a Tonka Scooter. I prefer the minimalist style and the underseat curves of the Ruckus ... and the front and is tidier too.

What I really like is the exposed handlebars! Wonder whether they'll look good on the BeeWee? 

Does anyone know where you can order in exposed handlebars and speedos like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-BWS---HURRICANE-SPORTS-HANDLEBAR-KIT_W0QQitemZ280147007836QQcmdZViewItem 

• 11-08-2007 06:12 PM In reply to

Curto:

250cc - now you're talking! But its nowhere near as cool looking as the 50cc version! The Big Ruckus looks more like a Constructacon from the Transformers or a Tonka Scooter. I prefer the minimalist style and the underseat curves of the Ruckus ... and the front and is tidier too.

What I really like is the exposed handlebars! Wonder whether they'll look good on the BeeWee? 

Does anyone know where you can order in exposed handlebars and speedos like this?

Transformers what a great movie - Anyways the page is down or not responding, If you can email a pic might be able to help

www.scooterhq.com.au

Where the scooters roam free
  • 11-08-2007 09:58 PM In reply to

Curto:
    Constructacon from the Transformers or a Tonka Scooter

Well, Dozers my name, and I think I'd like one.......

• 11-10-2007 04:20 PM In reply to

• Curto
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Southern Sydney
    • Posts 212

The page in the last link expired. This is a pic of the style of handlebars I'm thinking of putting on the BeeWee.

handlebars

Does anyone know where I could get a similar setup(handlebars with tacho/speedo and indicators) from?

• 11-10-2007 09:54 PM In reply to

Curto:

This is a pic of the style of handlebars I'm thinking of putting on the BeeWee.

Does anyone know where I could get a similar setup(handlebars with tacho/speedo and indicators) from?

A point to watch if you want to comply with the ADRs. (Group L vehicles).

Front indicator lights must be at least 300mm apart when measured from the inner edge of the indicator lamp or 240mm apart when measured from the centre of the indicator lamp (depends on the applicable ADR year).

It is not possible for me to tell from your pic whether those indicator lamps would comply.  But to illustrate my point you may have noticed on the current  Yamaha Jog,  for our market they have been required to fit a different arrangement for indicator lamps as the Japanese model had indicators integrated into the handlebars next to the headlamp that did not have the required separation. 

While I have not had problems with indicator lights,  I have experienced the Victorian police measuring the distances relating to my driving lights on a 4x4,  thankfully I had complied with the requirements (albeit only just). 

Deklan 

“It’s not the destination but the journey”
    Vespa GT200 in Grigio (Smokey Grey)

• 11-13-2007 08:03 AM In reply to

• Curto
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-27-2007
    • Southern Sydney
    • Posts 212

Thanks for the heads up on the ADRs. Will check that - if I ever find something available.

• 11-13-2007 10:12 AM In reply to

• allen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-19-2007
    • Sydney NSW Australia
    • Posts 6,248

certainly would look very cool and just about as unique as they come. It would be harsh to say you will get picked up for it and as kiwi said you are taking the scoot out of its adr. But I think if thats the risk you take then so be it.  You see heaps of bikes now with aftermarket bars and blinkers on them and these just go in year in year out with no probs. Should be even easier on a scooter. I would think the only problem you might have is if you let your rego lapse and you need to get some type of rego check and the guy new his scooters.... this is all if if if ...... or maybe a cop new what a beewee should look like again a big if. so i would love to see the finished product and it would be like a beewee streetfighter ......

How very cool indeed

Advertise your scooter for FREE on Scootersales.com.au
    www.scootersales.com.au
    www.quadsales.com.au
  • 11-13-2007 12:00 PM In reply to

allen:

certainly would look very cool and just about as unique as they come. It would be harsh to say you will get picked up for it and as kiwi said you are taking the scoot out of its adr. But I think if thats the risk you take then so be it.  You see heaps of bikes now with aftermarket bars and blinkers on them and these just go in year in year out with no probs. Should be even easier on a scooter. I would think the only problem you might have is if you let your rego lapse and you need to get some type of rego check and the guy new his scooters.... this is all if if if ...... or maybe a cop new what a beewee should look like again a big if. so i would love to see the finished product and it would be like a beewee streetfighter ......

How very cool indeed

Personally,  I've always adopted a "reasonable approach" when it comes to "interpreting the ADRs" and for me as long as the blinkers were at least 200mm apart so that it was not too obvious (after all even 240mm is not much when measured centre to centre) I'd take the risk. 

It's been my experience in life that you can get away with a lot as long as you do not push the envelope too far.

And I agree with Allen,  that bar set up looks really cool and would really suit the design of your scoot !

Deklan 

• 11-13-2007 12:16 PM In reply to

Curto:

Thanks for the heads up on the ADRs. Will check that - if I ever find something available.

After my last post I remembered the following online shop / web site,   check it out they have lots of "goodies"

http://scooter-center.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=4_28&PHPSESSID=af431d9e7af0e151543a0a7e

Deklan 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au