Scooter
Community

Italian Festival at Ettalong on Sat 18th and Sun 19th

Last post 04-24-2015 11:55 AM by pyrah. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-14-2015 12:23 PM

Italian Festival at Ettalong on Sat 18th and Sun 19th

The CCSC will be riding from Hungry Jacks at West Gosford at 1PM down to Ettalong on Saturday 18th to partake of the many festivities this festival normally presents --Music Food, good Italian coffee and lots more,all with that Italian flavour

Your welcome to join us

riding for fun
  • 04-19-2015 01:14 PM In reply to

Re: Italian Festival at Ettalong on Sat 18th and Sun 19th

Ive always considered the Italians to be very artistic ,extremely creative besides having garlic breaths and volatile  tempers

The Ettalong Italian festival was awash with Italians  plus people from all other nationalities

Parking in the area was at a premium with all the adjoining streets chokkers with cars

The festival is normally held in the Paradiso building just out of the main Ettalong shopping centre and is a building with a labyrinth of  shopping arcades and courtyards plus the 4 cinemas

The décor is traditional Italian and you have to congratulate the owner for the time effort and money he must have spent on recreating the Italian murals,polished marble floors  ,statues etc  

The place was humming with people and often  it was hard to move forward

The small arcade shops were full of merchandise both useful and not and the food stalls and coffee shops had people queuing to be served

There was only Jim and myself on this ride and we wandered from one courtyard to another looking at the display of Italian Cars ,2 beautifull big white dogs and other bric a brac

On arrival a male singer belted out a excellent version of "Sweet Caroline" whilst in another courtyard a female singer gave her rendition of" Vollare" both supported by a boisterous audience

I reckon many Italian Mamas and Poppas would have felt well rewarded for their visit  

A short ride and a pleasant deviation from our norm

riding for fun
  • 04-19-2015 07:21 PM In reply to

• gaz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Posts 314

no vespas on display?

• 04-19-2015 10:43 PM In reply to

No not a single Vespa ,Piaggio ,Aprillia  but one lone Ducatti bike looking the worse for wear

Just Jim and my Japanese Burgmans parked right out front next to the Newcastle TV chanel van .

You guys were invited and the weather was fine

riding for fun
  • 04-22-2015 05:40 PM In reply to

Rod, don't you own a camera?Hmm

....lets have another drink...
  • 04-23-2015 10:58 AM In reply to

Oldscoot -The answer is yes BUT-I dont think our members would want their photos appearing on a national forum PLUS Im not a good photographer PLUS Idont know how to post photos on this forum PLUS I refuse to do selfies

Our website often contains photos of rides etc and I think our members are happy to be shown

riding for fun
  • 04-23-2015 06:57 PM In reply to

....excuses, excuses....just follow Pete's lead but cut back on the sefies Yes

....lets have another drink...
  • 04-23-2015 08:22 PM In reply to

oldscoot:

....excuses, excuses....just follow Pete's lead but cut back on the sefies Yes

Wink Are you offering to supply cameras as i could have taken some nice pictures at Woomera today Stick out tongue

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-24-2015 11:12 AM In reply to

what nice pics at Woomera --like old rocket casings or bomb craters in the dessert

riding for fun
  • 04-24-2015 11:55 AM In reply to

Si ‘Thi’ later
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au