Scooter
Community

Fully Automatic CVT Transmission Motorcycles

Last post 07-30-2015 05:11 PM by HB-Zip50. 58 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2015 09:44 AM In reply to

Re: Fully Automatic CVT Transmission Motorcycles

I see a lot of racing Norton in that second pic of yours, Pyrah

Aprilia 200ie
  • 04-28-2015 01:26 PM In reply to

That Aprilia Mana 850 looks like a friggin awesome bike. Good price too. There is only 1 problem, I need a LAMS approved scoot!!! Is the Aprilia Mana 850 an auto or manual?

Looks like the CFMOTO 250 for now :(

Always wanting more power...
  • 04-28-2015 01:39 PM In reply to

The Mana’s 90-degree V-Twin delivers power through a continuously variable transmission that eliminates a clutch lever. The Sport Gear setting mimics a 7-speed gearbox operated by paddle shifters on the left handlebar or via a foot shifter.

The Mana’s 90-degree V-Twin delivers power through a continuously variable transmission that eliminates a clutch lever. The Sport Gear setting mimics a 7-speed gearbox operated by paddle shifters on the left handlebar or via a foot shifter.

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-28-2015 03:41 PM In reply to

Unfortunately for you, Scootaguy, the Mana is not LAMS approved....not a great amount of power but just a bit too much to fit the LAMS criteria...

....lets have another drink...
  • 04-28-2015 04:37 PM In reply to

It's not the power that's the problem, LAMS is limited to under 660cc. the Mana is 850cc

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 04-28-2015 05:26 PM In reply to

wombat:

It's not the power that's the problem, LAMS is limited to under 660cc. the Mana is 850cc

Except in ACT

I believe only using the power to weight ratio of 150 kw /tonne and no CC limitations. My calculation from 57 kw & 238 kg + 68 kg make it a none lam machine even there

Edit

How is the power to weight ratio calculated? The power figure used in the calculation is the output quoted by the motorcycle manufacturer. The weight figure is based on the tare mass quoted by the manufacturer. However, for motorcycles with a capacity of less than 260cc (cm³), the weight of a full tank of fuel and a rider allowance of 90kg are added. For motorcycles with a capacity of 260cc (cm³) or more, a rider allowance of 68 kg is added. To calculate the power to weight ratio, the number of kilowatts (kw) of power is divided by the total weight in kilograms (kg), [tare weight + fuel + 90kg rider allowance for motorcycles under 260cc or tare weight + 68kg for motorcycles of 260cc or more]. The result is multiplied by 1000 to convert to kw per tonne. 

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 04-28-2015 08:01 PM In reply to

I forgot about the ACT not having the 660cc limit. All this talk about Learner Legal Harleys - people should just move to the ACT.

4 years and 20,000 K's later, I'm still scootering, and you guys are stuck with me!
  • 06-07-2015 02:15 AM In reply to

What do you all think of the cf moto V5 250?? 

And has anyone ridden the Honda ctx700n ?? 

Opinions on the best automatic motorcycle ??

Always wanting more power...
  • 06-07-2015 08:21 AM In reply to

The Honda CTX700 with DCT transmission comes in different versions, the N scooter version only lacks the dummy tank storage facility but this is enough to put me off that one, the D cruiser version comes with full fairing, dummy tank and panniers and I would prefer the X moto version that has more travel and an upright seating position for maybe something more offroad capable.

edit: I think the CF moto is small and wouldn't be faster than a scooter but might handle beeter because the engine isn't mounted on the swingarm.

Aprilia Sportcity 2006,
    recently crashed badly, might replace or buy a car!
  • 06-07-2015 08:31 AM In reply to

scoot-agogo:
    Honda CTX700 with DCT transmission comes in different versions

Sorry my bad I meant the Honda NC700X Embarrassed

Edit: I meant the NC 750 XA with DCT that is unavailable here.

Aprilia Sportcity 2006,
    recently crashed badly, might replace or buy a car!
  • 06-07-2015 12:49 PM In reply to

Hmm

Devil

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-07-2015 11:56 PM In reply to

• shyted
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2012
    • Riverwood
    • Posts 91

cf  moto  v5 :- my wife bought  one last November.  she  has  done  just over  8000kms on it  with  no  major  hassles.  It  handles  like a cruiser and  as  suchyou should be prepared  for that. In March we rode the Black Dog Ride to Batemans Bay and had a lot of enquiries  about what it was and we were to happy to tell people.  If you are looking at buying one I would recommend it

ex Honda Lead SCV100
    2005 Aprilia Sportcity 200
    Aprilia SR MAX 300
  • 06-08-2015 05:01 PM In reply to

pyrah:

Hmm

Devil

I had this same thing said to me by a guy at my work the other day.   He rides some Suzuki Cruiser thing.   I asked him whether his car was manual..... it wasn't.   He then tried to explain how it was different.    

Different folks, different strokes.  :-)

Started out with a Zip 50. Now moving on to a HD 200. Wonder what's next....?? Not wondering any more.... TMAX!!!!!!
  • 06-08-2015 05:38 PM In reply to

Big Smile Both my car and ute are manual transmission but if i lived in a busy city then just maybe i may have opted for automatic . Horses for courses as they say Wink

Si ‘Thi’ later
  • 06-14-2015 01:53 AM In reply to

• vortexau
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-25-2008
    • Plainland Q, on the Warrego Hwy
    • Posts 462

Track T800cdi

Track T800tdi

"The Track T800-CDI is powered by a 3 cylinder, inline, 800cc engine that produces 50 BHP of power at 4200 RPM and a torque of 100 NM at 1800 RPM. This power is transferred to the wheels via a centrifugal clutch and then a Continuously Variable Transmission. The frame is made of Chromium Molybdenum tube and gets a Track Cardan Shaft drive to send power to the rear wheels."

Oh, and that engine is diesel.

Unfortunately, no. It requires something with a little more kick . . . plutonium!
Page 2 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

ADVERTISEMENT

©2007 ScooterSales.com.au